• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
blazblue: alter memory 1/12
diabolik lovers 5/12
galileo donna 1/11
gingitsune 2/2
golden time 2/24
hidamari sketch 3/12
kill la kill 3/-
kiniro mosaic 12/12 || COMPLETED
kyoukai no kanata 2/13
kyousou giga 1/10
little busters! ~refrain~ 2/-
log horizon 1/25
meganebu! 2/12
miss monochrome 3/-
nagi no asukara 2/26
naruto: shippuden 211/-
non non biyori 2/12
one piece 602/-
ore no nounai sentakushi ga, gakuen love comedy wo zenryoku de jama shiteiru 1/10
yuusha ni narenakatta ore wa shibushibu shuushoku wo ketsui shimashita. 1/12

Zazie

So 1991
Maison Ikkoku 16/96
Kimagure Orange Road 12/48
Urusei Yatsura 8/195

So I just started two new anime. I had to skip ahead a bit on both of them since the early DVD's weren't available. (I'll watch the beginning later when I get time) In fact on of the KImagure ORANGE Road discs I got in the mail was cracked, so I am going to have to skip over episodes 13-16 for a bit as well.

Anyway Kimagure Orange Road is awesome. So many guys with 'fros in this anime. Urusei Yatsura is pretty awesome too, even though it sort of wrote the book on romantic comedy anime, it kind of feels more like a western cartoon for kids with it's two short format and wacky hijinks.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova: 2/12
BlazBlue: Alter Memory: 2/12
Coppelion: 3/13
Diamond no Ace: 3/?
Galilei Donna: 2/11
Gingitsune: 3/12
Golden Time: 3/24
Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger: 10/26
Hajime no Ippo: Rising: 3/25
Hunter x Hunter: 100/?
IS: Infinite Stratos 2: 3/12
Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season: 2/?
Kill la Kill: 3/?
Kuroko no Basket 2: 3/26
Kyoukai no Kanata: 3/13
Kyousou Giga (TV): 2/10
Little Busters!: ~Refrain~: 3/13
Log Horizon: 3/25

Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai: 2/12
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic: 3/?
Monogatari Series Second Season: 15/?
Non Non Biyori: 2/12
Nagi no Asukara: 3/26
One Piece: 617/?
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru: 2/10
Outbreak Company: 3/12
Samurai Flamenco: 2/22
Strike the Blood: 3/?
Toriko: 123/?
Tokyo Ravens: 2/24
Uchuu Kyoudai: 78/?
White Album 2: 3/12
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.: 3/12

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Outbreak company 3 and log horrizon 3.

Out break company was really great this episode, and I call some BS on a comment or two in the MAL forums. The only one who's horribly cliche (What does this word mean again?) or rather, not annoying, is probably the police officer...at least to me.

And btw. She never pinned anybody down. Even if what you say is correct, it doesn't even matter cause she never did it in the first place! @@...

/end rant.
I don't have an MAL account, what? I have to rant about it someplace :<...

Now log horizon 3.

Aka contiunes to be cute. And I like the way the show presents itself. Next episode should show some good stuff though so...~

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Outbreak company 3 and log horrizon 3.

Out break company was really great this episode, and I call some BS on a comment or two in the MAL forums. The only one who's horribly cliche (What does this word mean again?) or rather, not annoying, is probably the police officer...at least to me.

And btw. She never pinned anybody down. Even if what you say is correct, it doesn't even matter cause she never did it in the first place! @@...

/end rant.
I don't have an MAL account, what? I have to rant about it someplace :<...

Now log horizon 3.

Aka contiunes to be cute. And I like the way the show presents itself. Next episode should show some good stuff though so...~

I just stay away from the Mal community haha

Beyond the Boundary - 3/13
Bodacious Space Pirates - 18/26
Galilei Donna - 2/11
Golden Time - 3/24
K-ON!! - 5/27
Kill la Kill - 3/- DROPPED
Kyousougiga - 2/10
Miss Monochrome - 3/-
Nagi no Asukara - 3/26
Samurai Flamenco - 2/22
Space Brothers - 78/-

I'm not going to try to pretend to like Kill la Kill just because of who's making it. It's just not good.

It's Kyousougiga v. Galilei Donna v. Samurai Flamenco for AOTS, methinks.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
diabolik lovers 5/12
galileo donna 1/11
gingitsune 2/2
golden time 3/24
hidamari sketch 3/12
kyoukai no kanata 2/13
kyousou giga 1/10
little busters! ~refrain~ 2/-
log horizon 1/25
meganebu! 2/12
miss monochrome 3/-
nagi no asukara 2/26
non non biyori 2/12
one piece 602/-
ore no nounai sentakushi ga, gakuen love comedy wo zenryoku de jama shiteiru 2/10

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Aura - Koga Maryuin's Last War
Beyond the Boundary - 2/13
Galilei Donna - 2/11
Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:1 Ghost Pain
Gingitsune: Messenger Fox of the Gods - 2/12
Golden Time - 3/24
Hal
Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 100/?
Kill la Kill - 2/24
Little Busters! Refrain - 1/?
Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene
Monogatari Series: Second Season - 13/26
Patema Inverted
Space Brothers - 77/?
Steins;Gate - The Movie

Scotland Loves Anime 2013 was a lot of fun! I watched six films in two days, and here's what I thought of them:

Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene was the mystery screening, so I hadn't read up on anything about it beforehand. It's about some magical "Cursery Sisters", one of whom accidentally slips through dimensions to reach Earth where she tries to stop a particularly potent curse. It was everything you'd want from a children's film - colourful, generally upbeat with lots of character variety. It was a little corny, but it was also a lot of fun. Yoyo was pretty brash, so I expected her to annoy me, but she actually grew on me fairly quickly. Nene was hardly a feature, though, and it would have been nice to see more of a dynamic between the sisters. Fun film, though.

Patema Inverted involved two types of people, for one of which gravity works upside-down. It was a good story, and it was a lot of fun seeing the little mysteries unfold, but some bits I didn't like. The villain was one of those oh-so-diabolical types, and while that was sometimes funny, I don't think he worked for the film. The second half suffered from excruciatingly slow pacing, repetitiveness and a necessity to explain pretty much everything in exhaustive detail, and yet the characters still didn't feel fleshed out enough. I think I would have enjoyed the film more had it been shorter. A lot of people at the screening loved it, though, so don't let me put you off watching it!

Aura - Koga Maryuin's Last War was about a high school boy cajoled into befriending a high school girl who lives out delusions. Sound familiar? The premise is very similar to Chu2Koi, but the story of Aura unfolds very differently. Everything worked really well in this film. The characters were great, it was very funny in places, the drama worked perfectly, and nothing really felt forced. It was fascinating to watch the relationship between the two leads evolve, because it was changing all the time. The drama was great throughout, but it peaked at the end, making for a really emotional conclusion. By far my favourite of the films I saw. I highly recommend this one.

It was wonderful to see the cast of Steins;Gate again, but I felt the story of the film was fairly weak. It was ironic how much the film talked about déjà vu, because it often felt like it was repeating themes or situations from the main series a little too overtly. I mean, it was a good watch, but it didn't bring much new to the table, so I didn't find it that fulfilling.

Despite the subject matter of a robot helping a woman get past the death of her boyfriend by taking on his appearance and personality, Hal was surprisingly easy to watch. Maybe part of that was down to how gorgeous it looked. A good way to spend an hour.

I don't even know how I feel about Ghost in the Shell: Arise. The mystery was good, but I wasn't emotionally connected to anything that happened. But I came away from the film feeling glad that I'd seen it.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ace of Diamond - 3/?
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova - 2/12
Bleach 30/366
Chi's Sweet Home - 60/104
COPPELION - 3/13
Diabolik Lovers - 6/12
Fantasista Doll - 1/12
Free! Specials - 1/?
Galilei Donna - 1/11
Golden Time - 3/24
Kill la Kill - 3/?
Kyoukai no Kanata - 3/13
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai - 2/12
Miss Monochrome - 3/?
Nagi no Asukara - 3/26
Non Non Biyori - 3/12
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru - 2/10
Pokémon - 5/276
Samurai Flamenco - 2/22
Super Seisyun Brothers - 5/?
Tamayura: More Aggressive - 2/12
Yowamushi Pedal - 3/?
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - 2/13

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene was the mystery screening, so I hadn't read up on anything about it beforehand. It's about some magical "Cursery Sisters", one of whom accidentally slips through dimensions to reach Earth where she tries to stop a particularly potent curse. It was everything you'd want from a children's film - colourful, generally upbeat with lots of character variety. It was a little corny, but it was also a lot of fun. Yoyo was pretty brash, so I expected her to annoy me, but she actually grew on me fairly quickly. Nene was hardly a feature, though, and it would have been nice to see more of a dynamic between the sisters. Fun film, though.

Is this what you saw? If it is, that strikes me as really weird, since it hasn't aired in Japan yet

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova: 3/12
BlazBlue: Alter Memory: 2/12
Coppelion: 3/13
Diamond no Ace: 3/?
Galilei Donna: 2/11
Gingitsune: 3/12
Golden Time: 3/24
Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger: 17/26
Hajime no Ippo: Rising: 3/25
Hunter x Hunter: 100/?
IS: Infinite Stratos 2: 3/12
Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season: 2/?
Kill la Kill: 3/?
Kuroko no Basket 2: 3/26
Kyoukai no Kanata: 3/13
Kyousou Giga (TV): 2/10
Little Busters!: ~Refrain~: 3/13
Log Horizon: 3/25
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai: 3/12
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic: 3/?
Monogatari Series Second Season: 15/?
Non Non Biyori: 3/12
Nagi no Asukara: 3/26
One Piece: 617/?
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru: 2/10
Outbreak Company: 3/12
Samurai Flamenco: 2/22
Strike the Blood: 3/?
Toriko: 123/?
Tokyo Ravens: 2/24
Uchuu Kyoudai: 78/?
White Album 2: 3/12
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.: 3/12

Breezing through Ippo. Can't wait for Hawk vs Takamura in this season and Ippo vs Sawamura in Rising. The Hawk fight isn't my favorite, but it's satisfying seeing his fight. And Sawamura is an amazing fight all and all

And my god, Non Non Biyori is cute as fuck. One of my favorite slife of life shows in a while

Last edited:

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova 2/12
BlazBlue: Alter Memory 2/12
Coppelion 3/13
Diamond no Ace 3/12
Galilei Donna 2/11
Gingitsune 3/12
Golden Time 3/24
Gundam Build Fighters 3/12
Kill la Kill 3/24
Kyoukai no Kanata 3/12
Kyousou Giga (TV) 2/10
Log Horizon 3/25
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai 3/12
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic 3/25
Miss Monochrome 3/12
Monogatari Series: Second Season 16/26
Nagi no Asukara 3/26
Non Non Biyori 3/12
One Piece 616/?
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru 2/10
Outbreak Company 3/12
Samurai Flamenco 2/22
Shakugan no Shana 7/24
Strike the Blood 3/24
Super Seisyun Brothers 5/12
Teekyuu 3 3/12
Tokyo Ravens 2/24
Yowamushi Pedal 3/39
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. 3/12

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
How they manage to get those? Do you know?
No idea. Maybe since both films were only screened twice in fairly small cinemas (once in Glasgow and once in Edinburgh), they weren't as expensive to get? I admit to knowing absolutely nothing about how these things work for sure, though.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
Man word of the Author of the Log horizon LN coming on /a/ and doing a Q/A spreads fast. i was in that thread and now the archives are being posted everywhere for it.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
diabolik lovers 5/12
galileo donna 1/11
gingitsune 2/2
golden time 3/24
hidamari sketch 3/12
kyoukai no kanata 2/13
kyousou giga 1/10
little busters! ~refrain~ 3/13
log horizon 1/25
meganebu! 2/12
miss monochrome 3/-
nagi no asukara 2/26
non non biyori 2/12
one piece 602/-
ore no nounai sentakushi ga, gakuen love comedy wo zenryoku de jama shiteiru 2/10

watching lb! is so frustrating; whenever i start to think that an arc is actually getting good, it vomits out endings like that one. ==;;

Last edited: