• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
It looked like he had gone over to her place instead of leaving his room if that's what happened. Wait, it was Shouko who gave him Yaya, right? She just has two names or something?

(I'm probably just getting this more confused than it really is. I'm kinda not really enjoying the anime as I thought, but I don't like dropping shows especially since it's reaching an interesting point.)

No they were still in the dormitory the whole time. And Ya Shouko gave him Yaya. i like the 2nd arc better then the first so maybe u might to so who knows.

Well, the Little Busters dub is terrible. Greg Ayres gives his usual ear grating performance playing Masato (Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to get Greg Ayres to play an 'alpha male' character), Komari isn't as annoying but only because they failed at trying to replicate her vocal qualities, Brittany Karbowski and Blake Shepard don't fit at all and Riki sounds less like a boy with high voice and more like a middle aged woman trying to sound like a boy.

Strangely the one thing I thought for sure would screw up is the only thing that worked. Kud's broken English is actually, well, cute. I had my doubts when Tiffany Grant was cast and who can blame me? Asuka playing a Russian loli sounds like a terrible idea on paper which for Sentai dubs usually means that it won't work at all. Then again, Tiffany Grant isn't Greg Ayres. Like most voice actors, she has a magical trick where she change her voice to play all sorts of characters.

But apart from Kud, it's pretty bad. And as if the dialogue in Sentai dubs doesn't sound awkward enough already they decided on retaining the honorifics. I really hope the Girls und Panzer dub doesn't do that. They should probably also keep Brittany Karbowski away from it before I start to hate her voice like pretty much every other Sentai regular

Last edited:

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
Monogatari Series: Second Season 17/26
Kyoukai no Kanata 4/13
Kill la Kill 4/?
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods 1/1

It wasn't perfect, but I really enjoyed Battle of Gods. Vegeta stole almost every scene he was in, though.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Aria the Natural - 19
Chihayafuru 2 OVA - 1
Hunter X Hunter - 101
Kill la Kill - 4
Kyoukai no Kanata - 4
Little Busters! ~Refrain~ - 3
Monogatari Series Second Season - 15
Space Brothers - 79

What a fun OVA. Sumire didn't get much later on in Chihayafuru so this bonus episode really gave her a chance to shine. **** I miss this show so much...

Beyond the Boundary - 4/13
Bodacious Space Pirates - 18/26
CHIHAYAFURU OVA!
Galilei Donna - 3/11
Golden Time - 4/24
K-ON!! - 5/27
Kyousougiga - 3/10
Miss Monochrome - 4/-
Nagi no Asukara - 4/26
Samurai Flamenco - 3/22
Space Brothers - 79/-

Chihayafuru OVA! That was a nice surprise, particularly as one of my main complaints about season 2 is that it put so much focus on introducing Sumire at the start and then shunted her to the side as soon as the action started. Also: Kana's epic cockblock.

Space Brothers update: I'm going to really miss Olga. I didn't realise how much I'd warmed up to her until it was time for her to go. I really like the current arc in general, and particularly how it touches some very real issues, like Japanese attitudes to mental health.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova: 3/12
BlazBlue: Alter Memory: 3/12
Coppelion: 4/13
Diamond no Ace: 4/?
Galilei Donna: 3/11
Gingitsune: 4/12
Golden Time: 4/24
Hajime no Ippo: Rising: 4/25
Hunter x Hunter: 101/?
IS: Infinite Stratos 2: 4/12
Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season: 3/?
Kill la Kill: 4/?
Kuroko no Basket 2: 4/26
Kyoukai no Kanata: 4/13
Kyousou Giga (TV): 3/10
Little Busters!: ~Refrain~: 3/13
Log Horizon: 3/25
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai: 3/12
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic: 4/?
Monogatari Series Second Season: 17/?
Non Non Biyori: 3/12
Nagi no Asukara: 4/26
One Piece: 617/?
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru: 3/10
Outbreak Company: 3/12
Outlaw Star: 1/26
Samurai Flamenco: 3/22
Strike the Blood: 4/?
Toriko: 126/?
Tokyo Ravens: 3/24
Uchuu Kyoudai: 78/?
White Album 2: 3/12
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.: 4/12

So instead of watching anime last night, I pigged out with my friends, played a fun, dangerous, 2 on 2 version of soccer, felt like throwing up/had serious heartburn till sometime this morning, and lost my toenail. I'm not sure about that tradeoff

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
1391506_709405769086939_8205084_n.jpg

1148755_709406202420229_1971104393_n.jpg

BRB crying because of this scene. I'll be back the momment I stop watching it over and over.

I'm usually not a BL fan, but this **** is just too much.

/outbreak company episode 4

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Cant believe hardly anybody put down Pokemon :(

Probably because it's a shitty show

Watching for the nostalgia and to watch for where it went wrong. Also because I don't know how many episodes I have actually seen to render it "complete", especially since I've seen none of the banned episodes. Really looking forward to those.

Ace of Diamond - 4/?
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova - 2/12
Bleach 33/366
Chi's Sweet Home - 60/104
COPPELION - 4/13
Diabolik Lovers - 6/12
Fantasista Doll - 1/12
Free! Specials - 1/6
Galilei Donna - 1/11
Golden Time - 4/24
Kill la Kill - 4/?
Koroshiya-san: The Hired Gun - 2/?
Kyoukai no Kanata - 4/13
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai - 3/12
Mewtwo Strikes Back (Japanese)
Miss Monochrome - 4/?
Nagi no Asukara - 4/26
Non Non Biyori - 3/12
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru - 3/10
Pokémon - 8/276
Samurai Flamenco - 3/22
Super Seisyun Brothers - 7/?
Tamayura: More Aggressive - 2/12
Yowamushi Pedal - 3/?
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - 3/13

Yeah, yesterday I finally watched the original Japanese of the first Pokémon movie. I already knew how much of a better movie it is as the original, but to actually experience it was something else. I have that much more respect for the movie even though I still have a soft, nostalgic spot for the dub, if only for the dialogue and Philip Barlett's smexy portrayal as Mewtwo.

Er, I mean... yeah, smexy. *beat*

Ace of Diamond is awesome. Baseball never looked so badass to me.

Last edited:

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
blazblue: alter memory 1/12
diabolik lovers 5/12
galileo donna 1/11
gingitsune 2/2
golden time 3/24
hidamari sketch 3/12
kyoukai no kanata 2/13
kyousou giga 1/10
little busters! ~refrain~ 3/13
log horizon 1/25
meganebu! 2/12
miss monochrome 4/-
nagi no asukara 2/26
naruto: shippuuden 249/-
non non biyori 3/12
one piece 602/-
ore no nounai sentakushi ga, gakuen love comedy wo zenryoku de jama shiteiru 2/10
yuusha ni narenakatta ore wa shibushibu shuushoku wo ketsui shimashita. 3/12

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Watching for the nostalgia and to watch for where it went wrong. Also because I don't know how many episodes I have actually seen to render it "complete", especially since I've seen none of the banned episodes. Really looking forward to those.
Yeah, I'm planning on watching it at least 'till DPP and then I think i'll stop.
I really just want to see Kanto and Johto for the nostalgia.

Totally don't think these count but I'll post them anyways.
Medabots 47/?
Pokemon 30/?

Beyond the Boundary - 4/13
Bodacious Space Pirates - 18/26
Galilei Donna - 3/11
Golden Time - 4/24
K-ON!! - 5/27
Kyousougiga - 3/10
Miss Monochrome - 4/-
Nagi no Asukara - 4/26
Pokemon Indigo League - 27/80
Samurai Flamenco - 3/22
Space Brothers - 79/-

Lotsa Pokemon. Quite possibly the best dub in the history of anime.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova: 4/12
BlazBlue: Alter Memory: 3/12
Coppelion: 4/13
Diamond no Ace: 4/?
Galilei Donna: 3/11
Gingitsune: 4/12
Golden Time: 4/24
Hajime no Ippo: Rising: 4/25
Hunter x Hunter: 101/?
IS: Infinite Stratos 2: 4/12
Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season: 3/?
Kill la Kill: 4/?
Kuroko no Basket 2: 4/26
Kyoukai no Kanata: 4/13
Kyousou Giga (TV): 3/10
Little Busters!: ~Refrain~: 3/13
Log Horizon: 4/25
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai: 4/12

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic: 4/?
Monogatari Series Second Season: 17/?
Non Non Biyori: 4/12
Nagi no Asukara: 4/26
One Piece: 618/?
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru: 3/10
Outbreak Company: 4/12
Outlaw Star: 1/26
Samurai Flamenco: 3/22
Strike the Blood: 4/?
Toriko: 126/?
Tokyo Ravens: 3/24
Uchuu Kyoudai: 78/?
White Album 2: 4/12
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.: 4/12

Sure, Log Horizon may not be as pretty as Sword Art Online, but I like it more. And that's all that counts