• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Janovy

Banned
Durarara!!x2 Ten - 19
Arslan Senki - 19
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 18/64

It started out rough, but from about episode five or six I began to really enjoy it.

And yeah, this is a totally different show from 2003 FMA, I'm looking forward to seeing where the story ends.

Upotte!! 1/10
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2/12

I'm not really liking how humours plays out in Milky Holmes as it's mostly "Ha ha bad things happen to the main characters, now laugh at their misfortune" I'm not sure if I should continue watching

Nodame

Misty <3
Durarara!!x2 Ten - 19
Arslan Senki - 19
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 18/64

It started out rough, but from about episode five or six I began to really enjoy it.

And yeah, this is a totally different show from 2003 FMA, I'm looking forward to seeing where the story ends.
The original has a strong beginning and such... but things really fall apart in the end, as it aired before the manga was completed and thus went off in weird directions... Brotherhood follows the manga and is much stronger than the original when the plot diverges after 20-something episodes. The big difference in regards to the earlier portions of the story is that the original takes more time to develop things, if I remember correctly... leaving elements of the story shrouded in mystery whereas the remake, like the manga, reveals those elements of the plot early on... but, yeah, Brotherhood is overall a much better work I think. The ending is too perfect, enjoy!

Xionea

Half a centaur
Bikini Warriors - 6/12
Charlotte - 7/13
Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation - 6/12
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica - 1/12
Ibara no Ou - 1/1 Completed
Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de - 3/12
Love Live! School Idol Project - 1/13
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - 7/12
Nagi no Asukara - 7/26
Okusama ga Seitokaichou! - 7/12
Ore Monogatari!! - 15/24
Prison School - 5/12
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - 6/12
To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd - 1/14
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - 120/224

So I just finished watching an anime movie called Ibara no Ou, or King of Thorn in English. I enjoyed it for what it provided, but there were a couple, eh, minor things that got to me. For example, normally all the characters are in their typical drawn 2D style, which I enjoyed. But when they were fighting a monster or something, that 2D style would change into 3D character models, which all the monsters used. So seeing a 2D character randomly become a 3D model bugged me a bit. Luckily that only happened for a couple minutes for a scene or two. The other minor thing, well, how should I put this... The ending was reeeeally complicated and confusing. As soon as the movie finished, I was basically "Wait... What just happened for the last 30 minutes?" But other than those two things, I enjoyed it. Definitely worth a watch if you ever have a couple hours to spare.

I also marathoned a good 20+ episodes in Yu-Gi-Oh because I had this strange craving to watch it. It's still completely ridiculous, but I enjoy watching it.

Oh, Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica, you started your first episode really different, didn't you? NO. Ugh, it doesn't feel even slightly original right now. I also highly doubt it'll improve, either. Probably gonna drop it soon.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Is it Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - 1/?
Shokugeki no Soma - 19/?

Trying to watch some more anime. I usually just sit at home and literally do nothing if I'm not working.

Janovy

Banned
The original has a strong beginning and such... but things really fall apart in the end, as it aired before the manga was completed and thus went off in weird directions... Brotherhood follows the manga and is much stronger than the original when the plot diverges after 20-something episodes. The big difference in regards to the earlier portions of the story is that the original takes more time to develop things, if I remember correctly... leaving elements of the story shrouded in mystery whereas the remake, like the manga, reveals those elements of the plot early on... but, yeah, Brotherhood is overall a much better work I think. The ending is too perfect, enjoy!
Yeah, I kinda got that feeling too in FMA. I found the beginning very strong, but then it turned somehow messy and lots of plot developments came out of nowhere and I found myself saying 'what the **** is going on here' multiple times. I mean, I love the creativity and I really liked FMA's bittersweet ending, even though the parallel world stuff came out of nowhere, haha.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Updating the list, no bolded text or anything.

I seriously need to stop picking up titles when I need to clear up my list, but I got hooked on Space Pirate Captain Harlock, soooooooo...

Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - 5/12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu - 1/12
Arslan Senki - 18/25
Astro Boy (2003) - 6/50
Bikini Warriors - 7/12
Black Butler - 13/24
Bleach - 133/366
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - 34/76
Charlotte - 7/13
Classroom☆Crisis - 2/12
Danchigai - 7/12
Digimon Savers - 22/48
Dragon Ball - 67/153
Gakkou Gurashi! - 7/12
Gangsta. - 7/12
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin - 9/21
Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic - 3/12
Kurayami Santa - 7/13
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan - 5/12
Kyoukai no Rinne - 9/25
Makura no Danshi - 6/12
Million Doll - 6/12
Miss Monochrome: The Animation 2 - 8/13
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - 5/12
Ninja Slayer From Animation - 19/26
Non Non Biyori Repeat - 3/12
Oh! Super Milk-chan - 1/12
Okusama ga Seitokaichou! - 8/12
Ore Monogatari!! - 20/24
Overlord - 7/13
Pokémon Advanced Generation - 54/192
Prison School - 7/12
Punch Line - 4/12
Ranma ½ - 18/161
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace - 4/11
Rokka no Yuusha - 1/12
Rolling☆Girls - 2/12
Sakigake!! Otokojuku - 13/34
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - 7/12
Space Pirate Captain Harlock - 7/42
Speed Racer - 11/52
Suzakinishi the Animation - 7/?
Teekyuu 5 - 7/12
Teknoman - 7/49
Tokyo Mew Mew - 4/52
Tweeny Witches - 8/40
Ushio and Tora - 6/26
Venus Project: Climax - 1/6
Wakaba*Girl - 8/13
Wakako-zake - 7/12
Wedding Peach - 10/51
Wooser no Sono Higurashi: Mugen-hen - 8/13

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Spice and Wolf: 11/13
Neon Genesis Evangelion: 26/26 COMPLETE

...Yeah.

Hurr hurr, wait until you watch End of Evangelion. That'll be triple the ellipses.

And I saw it twice. Willingly (second time with my brother, that was fun). And I probably will watch it multiple times now that I own the movie. It's a unique experience, that's for sure. It'd probably be best to watch it with someone who's familiar with the movie so they can explain things when needed, buuuuuut... ehhhhhh...

Nodame

Misty <3
I'm currently watching Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu 4/25 and I'm dying. It's so hilarious tbh.

Hurr hurr, wait until you watch End of Evangelion. That'll be triple the ellipses.

And I saw it twice. Willingly (second time with my brother, that was fun). And I probably will watch it multiple times now that I own the movie. It's a unique experience, that's for sure. It'd probably be best to watch it with someone who's familiar with the movie so they can explain things when needed, buuuuuut... ehhhhhh...

I watched the series and loved it. Asuka is my baby. I'm kinda afraid to watch the movie because I'm worried I won't like it. And I don't want to destroy my NGE experience because of it.

Last edited:
Upotte!! 1/10
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2 5/12
Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes 4/12

I'm glad I stuck with Milky Holmes because it turned out better than I expected

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Spice and Wolf: 13/13 COMPLETE

As enjoyable as the character interactions and lore of this series was, I'm going to hold off on the second season until I take Economics in school because, um, all of the economy situations went over my head

I had a feeling, judging from everything I've read about the series and its graphic theatrical conclusion.

I did a lot of reading before and after I watched the series, so that made it easier to understand, to me. Hopefully, my knowledge will help me get through the movie, too.

I watched the series and loved it. Asuka is my baby. I'm kinda afraid to watch the movie because I'm worried I won't like it. And I don't want to destroy my NGE experience because of it.

It depends on how much you care about the main story; if you want to see what happens next in the plot, or if the last two episodes of the series dissatisfied you, then you should watch the movie. If you were fine with the final two episodes of NGE, and you aren't craving for more, then don't force yourself.

I mean, I haven't watched the movie yet, so I'm no fountain of wisdom, but...

Janovy

Banned
Arslan Senki - 20
Durarara!!x2 Ten - 20
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 54/64

Roy Mustang - the very definition of hardcore.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This week I've watched:

Naruto Shippuden episode 423
Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V episode 70
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX episodes 121-125
Pokemon XY episode 85
Rin-ne episode 6
Yo-Kai Watch episodes 4-8
Upotte!! episode 1

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Charlotte - 8
Gintama° - 20

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - 7
Ninja Slayer - 19
Non Non Biyori Repeat - 7
Ore Monogatari!! - 20
Shirobako - 17
Working!!! - 8

Been watching Shirobako for the past few weeks during my commute, and it's fantastic. Especially as a graduated animator in the entertainment industry I can find a LOT to relate to. Instant favourite.

Janovy

Banned
Arslan Senki - 20
Durarara!!x2 Ten - 20
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 64/64 - COMPLETED

Now what I'm gonna do?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Arslan Senki - 20
Durarara!!x2 Ten - 20
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 64/64 - COMPLETED

Now what I'm gonna do?

Lie down and cry?

Well, I got a suggestion. Have you seen Trigun?

Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - 5/12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu - 1/12
Arslan Senki - 19/25
Astro Boy (2003) - 6/50
Bikini Warriors - 7/12
Black Butler - 13/24
Bleach - 133/366
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - 34/76
Charlotte - 7/13
Classroom☆Crisis - 2/12
Danchigai - 7/12
Digimon Savers - 22/48
Dragon Ball - 68/153
Gakkou Gurashi! - 7/12
Gangsta. - 7/12
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin - 9/21
Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic - 3/12
Kurayami Santa - 8/13
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan - 5/12
Kyoukai no Rinne - 9/25
Makura no Danshi - 6/12
Million Doll - 6/12
Miss Monochrome: The Animation 2 - 8/13
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - 5/12
Ninja Slayer From Animation - 19/26
Non Non Biyori Repeat - 3/12
Oh! Super Milk-chan - 1/12
Okusama ga Seitokaichou! - 8/12
Ore Monogatari!! - 20/24
Overlord - 7/13
Pokémon Advanced Generation - 54/192
Prison School - 7/12
Punch Line - 4/12
Ranma ½ - 18/161
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace - 4/11
Rokka no Yuusha - 1/12
Rolling☆Girls - 2/12
Sakigake!! Otokojuku - 13/34
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - 8/12
Space Pirate Captain Harlock - 14/42
Speed Racer - 11/52
Suzakinishi the Animation - 7/?
Teekyuu 5 - 7/12
Teknoman - 7/49
Tokyo Mew Mew - 4/52
Tweeny Witches - 8/40
Ushio and Tora - 8/26
Venus Project: Climax - 1/6
Wakaba*Girl - 8/13
Wakako-zake - 8/12
Wedding Peach - 10/51
Wooser no Sono Higurashi: Mugen-hen - 8/13

I'm really liking Space Pirate Captain Harlock, like damn, that's some good stuff there.