• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Just don't waste your time with Eureka Seven AO.

Firesoul

Fire in the dark...
I need to find a new Anime to watch. I have already watched: Fairy Tail, Kuroko no basket, Vampire Knight Academy, Azumanga Daioh, Kill la Kill, FMA, Ouran High School Host Club. I like nearly every genre...

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I need to find a new Anime to watch. I have already watched: Fairy Tail, Kuroko no basket, Vampire Knight Academy, Azumanga Daioh, Kill la Kill, FMA, Ouran High School Host Club. I like nearly every genre...

Gurren Lagann, Kekkai Sensen, Clannad, Little Busters, Angel Beats, Inferno Cop, Rokka no Yuusha, Ushio to Tora, Aria the Animation, Gintama, Kanon (2006), Air, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, K-ON!, Code Geass, Fate/stay night UBW and/or Fate/Zero, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Barakamon, Space Brothers (I NEED THE MOVIE), Mushishi, Bakemonogatari, Katanagatari(I kinda want to watch this again), Steins;Gate, Hidamari Sketch, Jormungand, Arakawa under the Bridge, Psycho-Pass, Uchouten Kazoku, Nagi no Asukara, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012/Stardust Crusaders), Kyousougiga (TV), Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Neon Genesis Evangalion, Space Dandy, Spice and Wolf, Log Horizon, No Game No Life. I can go on

Off topic, I realized four to five years ago, the top anime for getting into anime was stuff like Haruhi, Code Geass, K-ON!, and Death Note. Now its shifted to stuff like Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Tokyo Ghoul, Gintama(Wow, has this soared in popularity) and Fate/stay night?, I guess. And I rarely see people recommend or even talk about some of those shows much anymore. Changing with the times and stuff like that, but it makes me feel like I'm getting old. And I don't really like it

Firesoul

Fire in the dark...
Gurren Lagann, Kekkai Sensen, Clannad, Little Busters, Angel Beats, Inferno Cop, Rokka no Yuusha, Ushio to Tora, Aria the Animation, Gintama, Kanon (2006), Air, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, K-ON!, Code Geass, Fate/stay night UBW and/or Fate/Zero, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Barakamon, Space Brothers (I NEED THE MOVIE), Mushishi, Bakemonogatari, Katanagatari(I kinda want to watch this again), Steins;Gate, Hidamari Sketch, Jormungand, Arakawa under the Bridge, Psycho-Pass, Uchouten Kazoku, Nagi no Asukara, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012/Stardust Crusaders), Kyousougiga (TV), Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Neon Genesis Evangalion, Space Dandy, Spice and Wolf, Log Horizon, No Game No Life. I can go on

Off topic, I realized four to five years ago, the top anime for getting into anime was stuff like Haruhi, Code Geass, K-ON!, and Death Note. Now its shifted to stuff like Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Tokyo Ghoul, Gintama(Wow, has this soared in popularity) and Fate/stay night?, I guess. And I rarely see people recommend or even talk about some of those shows much anymore. Changing with the times and stuff like that, but it makes me feel like I'm getting old. And I don't really like it

Thanks ^^ I always forget which anime I've already watched. Also I still see some people talking about some of the old anime. (Also to Angel Beats I know the ending is supposed to be sad but I laughed... Is that weird? I mean he's grabbing the air "I NEED MORE OXYGEN" sorry)
I'll try watching Katangatari cause I think you must have enjoyed it if you need to re-watch
Thanks again ;)

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Off topic, I realized four to five years ago, the top anime for getting into anime was stuff like Haruhi, Code Geass, K-ON!, and Death Note. Now its shifted to stuff like Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Tokyo Ghoul, Gintama(Wow, has this soared in popularity) and Fate/stay night?, I guess.

This makes me sad because the former are actually good and the latter are worse save for Gintama.

Also way to give like 40 recs.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
This makes me sad because the former are actually good and the latter are worse save for Gintama.

Also way to give like 40 recs.

Well, to be fair, people were saying the same about the former back when they came out. And how they missed the classics like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain, etc. It seems like an endless cycle. However, I still want KyoAni to be great again. That would be nice. Make a classic like Clannad again, not something I barely remember like Hibike! Euphonium. Now I feel like I'm shouting at a cloud, and I can't say I like it.

It's easy to give ~50 recommendations, and if I really wanted to, I could probably make a list of anime people should watch, and explain why they should watch them. But it feels like a waste of time, so maybe I'll do it at some point

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Well, to be fair, people were saying the same about the former back when they came out. And how they missed the classics like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Serial Experiments Lain, etc. It seems like an endless cycle. However, I still want KyoAni to be great again. That would be nice. Make a classic like Clannad again, not something I barely remember like Hibike! Euphonium. Now I feel like I'm shouting at a cloud, and I can't say I like it.

You're talking to someone who really really enjoyed Hibike! Euphonium and Amagi Brilliant Park. I even liked Hibike! Euphonium so much that I found translations of the other novels and read through them online. There's a lot more that goes on in future with that series and KyoAni made sure to keep in the hints for continuity sake regardless if there's going to be a sequel or not. KyoAni continues to do what they do best and in my eyes they're constantly refining and improving.

The way I see it the difference between the classics and Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Mirai Nikki and all these other widely popular modern mega-hits is that the new SURVIVAL DEATH GAME stuff has a great hook but crappy execution. That's not to say that there's no longer good anime coming out anymore, there are a lot of good shows out there, but it feels like the classics that everyone remembers compared to what's in everyones minds right now are wildly different.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Don't get me wrong, I still like their recent shows, but it's harder for me to remember Hibike! Euphonium then it is to remember K-ON!, or any other show from the '06-'10 in KyoAni's lineup. I still look forward to their stuff, but it's getting harder ans harder

Even then, those are sorta popular then, too. Death Note, Code Geass can both be described as SURVIVAL DEATH GAME. I think more people want more gorish anime, which is why so many popular anime are edgy and shit. Gory anime have gotten extremely popular recently, too. I cannot put Sword Art Online, Tokyo Ghoul, or Attack on Titan on the same pedestal as Aria, Gurren Lagann, or Gintama and say they're masterpieces. There are flaws within those former series that I can't see in the latter, and that is for a variety of reasons, no doubt

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Charlotte - 8
Gintama° - 20
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - 8
Ninja Slayer - 19
Non Non Biyori Repeat - 8
Ore Monogatari!! - 20
Shirobako - COMPLETE
Working!!! - 8

Did anyone talk about Shirobako while it aired? This flew completely under my radar and I feel like crap for only just seeing it now. Perfect, absolutely perfect.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Bikini Warriors - 6/12
Charlotte - 8/13
Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation - 6/12
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica - 1/12
Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de - 3/12
K-On!! - 13/26
Love Live! School Idol Project - 1/13
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - 8/12
Nagi no Asukara - 7/26
Okusama ga Seitokaichou! - 9/12
Ore Monogatari!! - 18/24
Prison School - 7/12
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - 6/12
To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd - 1/14
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - 125/224

All this talk about past popular anime, including my cousin's boasting about this series, made me want to continue K-On!! after almost 3 years! Unfortunately, since it's been such a long gap in time since I last watched it, I remember almost nothing about the series. Heck, I didn't even remember the opening song, and I'm usually very good with remembering those. So the question I asked myself was "should I restart the series, or just continue from where I left off?". Ultimately, I figured I'll just continue where I left off since it is very slice-of-life and probably won't affect it much even if I start over.

Kinda fell in love with the Charlotte song they focused on this episode. It sounds so beautiful, and I love the singer's voice when she sings in English. I could easily listen to it all day.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - 5/12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu - 1/12
Arslan Senki - 20/25
Astro Boy (2003) - 6/50
Bikini Warriors - 8/12
Black Butler - 13/24
Bleach - 133/366
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - 34/76
Charlotte - 8/13
Classroom☆Crisis - 2/12
Danchigai - 8/12
Digimon Savers - 22/48
Dragon Ball - 68/153
Gakkou Gurashi! - 8/12
Gangsta. - 8/12
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin - 9/21
Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic - 3/12
Kurayami Santa - 8/13
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan - 5/12
Kyoukai no Rinne - 9/25
Makura no Danshi - 7/12
Million Doll - 7/12

Miss Monochrome: The Animation 2 - 8/13
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - 5/12
Ninja Slayer From Animation - 20/26
Non Non Biyori Repeat - 3/12
Oh! Super Milk-chan - 3/12

Ore Monogatari!! - 20/24
Overlord - 7/13
Pokémon Advanced Generation - 57/192
Prison School - 7/12
Punch Line - 4/12
Ranma ½ - 18/161
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace - 4/11
Rokka no Yuusha - 1/12
Rolling☆Girls - 2/12
Sakigake!! Otokojuku - 13/34
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - 8/12
Space Pirate Captain Harlock - 42/42 - COMPLETE
Speed Racer - 11/52
Suzakinishi the Animation - 8/?
Teekyuu 5 - 8/12
Teknoman - 7/49
Tokyo Mew Mew - 7/52
Tweeny Witches - 8/40
Ushio and Tora - 8/26
Venus Project: Climax - 2/6
Wakaba*Girl - 8/13
Wakako-zake - 8/12
Wedding Peach - 10/51
Wooser no Sono Higurashi: Mugen-hen - 8/13

That was awesome. I have no words to say except that I can't wait to delve more into the works of Leiji Matsumoto. I'm long overdue.

Shadow_Hunter

Sneak Thief
Dragon Ball Z. Currently watching an episode from the Garlic Jr. Saga. Obviously I know it's filler.

Janovy

Banned
Arslan Senki - 21
Durarara!!x2 Ten - 21

Xionea

Half a centaur
Bikini Warriors - 6/12
Charlotte - 9/13
Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation - 6/12
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica - 1/12
Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de - 3/12
K-On!! - 16/26
Love Live! School Idol Project - 1/13
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - 8/12
Nagi no Asukara - 7/26
Ore Monogatari!! - 18/24
Prison School - 7/12
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - 6/12
To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd - 1/14
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - 125/224

Please tell me there was someone out there who predicted Charlotte's twist?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - 5/12
Aoharu x Kikanjuu - 1/12
Arslan Senki - 21/25
Astro Boy (2003) - 6/50
Bikini Warriors - 9/12
Black Butler - 13/24
Bleach - 133/366
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - 35/76
Charlotte - 9/13
Classroom☆Crisis - 9/12

Danchigai - 8/12
Digimon Savers - 22/48
Dragon Ball - 68/153
Gakkou Gurashi! - 8/12
Gangsta. - 8/12
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin - 9/21
Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic - 3/12
Kurayami Santa - 9/13
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan - 8/12
Kyoukai no Rinne - 12/25

Love Hina - 2/24
Makura no Danshi - 8/12
Million Doll - 8/12

Miss Monochrome: The Animation 2 - 9/13
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - 7/12

Ninja Slayer From Animation - 20/26
Non Non Biyori Repeat - 3/12
Oh! Super Milk-chan - 3/12
Ore Monogatari!! - 21/24
Overlord - 7/13
Pokémon Advanced Generation - 57/192
Prison School - 8/12
Punch Line - 12/12 - COMPLETE
Ranma ½ - 18/161
Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace - 4/11
Rokka no Yuusha - 1/12
Rolling☆Girls - 2/12
Sakigake!! Otokojuku - 13/34
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai - 9/12
Speed Racer - 11/52
Suzakinishi the Animation - 8/?
Teekyuu 5 - 9/12
Teknoman - 7/49
Tokyo Mew Mew - 9/52
Tweeny Witches - 8/40
Ushio and Tora - 9/26
Venus Project: Climax - 3/6

Wakaba*Girl - 9/13
Wakako-zake - 9/12
Wedding Peach - 10/51
Wooser no Sono Higurashi: Mugen-hen - 9/13

Punch Line was dull. That's all.

Yesterday, a friend (who I pretty much dragged into this even though I brought it up to him before in the past) and I started watching Love Hina, a show we both weren't looking forward to watching at all. He wanted to avoid it as much as possible, but I wanted to watch it just to experience it, and also to get it out of the way. (I also wanted to pass the time away because by the time we finish the series, my brothers will be days away from coming home.) I was going to watch it subbed, but then I recognized many big-name English voice actors I happen to like and I made a joke about one of Derek Stephen Prince's characters about it, the joke being, "Everybody makes mistakes. Remember Love Hina?" (replacing "disco").

We lost our minds before the first episode was finished (my friend more-so than me), starting with the opening theme which is one of, if not the worst anime opening I've ever heard. We're already believing Motoko (played by Mona Marshall) will be the most bearable character in the show, and we've joked that she (as the character) knew the show was going to be bad, so she's tried to bail out of it from the start. What's saved our sanity is us cracking jokes during the episodes (I'm personally believing Shinobu has a split personality because she's played by Bridget Hoffman). But Naru has become our most hated character, and I have a feeling we're going to be groaning/screaming before we're halfway done with the show.

God have mercy on our souls, the next eleven/twelve days are going to make or break us.