• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Currently up-to-date:

Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Aggressive Restuko - 59/?
Assassination Classroom 2nd Season - 1/25
Astro Boy (2003) - 10-50
Bleach - 141/366
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - 67/76
Chi's Sweet Home (2016) - 34/?
Days - 1/24
Digimon Universe - 3/52
Digimon Xros Wars - 13/30
Gad Guard - 12/26
Gun x Sword - 4/26
Hamtaro - 18/296
Karin - 5/24
Kodocha - 12/102
Little Witch Academia - 10/25
Log Horizon - 2/25
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy (1996) - 15/26
Maicching Machiko-sensei - 4/95
Mobile Police Patlabor: On Television - 6/47
Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2/?
Ranma ½ - 18/161
Sailor Moon - 122/200
Sakigake!! Otokojuku - 13/24
Sekai no Yami Zukan - 10/?
Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni... - 4/12
Speed Racer - 30/52
Tekkaman Blade - 7/49
Tiger Mask W - 34/?
Tokyo Mew Mew - 18/52
Tsugumomo - 5/12
Ultimate Muscle - 26/77
Wedding Peach - 12/51
World Fool News (TV) Part II - 2/?
Yu Yu Hakusho - 51/112

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This afternoon I caught up with Boruto, Seikaisuru Kado, Nobunaga no Shinobi, Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai, Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel, Berserk, Hinako Note, Clockwork Planet and I also saw the new installment of Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt. :]

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
The past four days I rewatched Code Geass and R2. I forgot how the dub was pretty decent for it. Also forgot the series killed characters left, right and center.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Alice to Zouroku - 10/12
Berserk (2017) - 11/12
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season - 11/25
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism - 2/-
Eromanga-sensei - 10/-
Fukumenkei Noise - 6/12
Haikyuu!! - 8/25
Jigoku Shoujo - 10/26
K-On!: Live House! - 1/1 Completed
K-On!! - 26/26 Completed
K-On!!: Keikaku! - 1/1 Completed
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - 10/10 Completed
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! OVA - 1/1 Completed
One Room Special - 1/1 Completed
Pokemon Sun & Moon - 26/-
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata - 7/12
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 - 11/12
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode - 4/13
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - 32/154
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V - 68/148
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - 6/-
Yuu-Yuu-Hakusho - 11/112

Took me almost 5 years but I finally finished all of K-On! I'm not sure why but I stopped about halfway into the second season and then just never bothered to pick it back up again. Luckily I had a random desire to see the rest and boy am I glad I did cause I loved the ending! Part of me feels really bad for putting that off for almost 5 years but another part of me feels like anime newbie me from 5 years ago wouldn't have appreciated that ending or impacted me quite the same since I was still in high school at the time.
K-On!'s second season managed to qualify for the three things on my Anime To-Do list: "On-Hold anime I need to complete", "anime that's been in my list forever", and "sequel anime I need to watch/finish." Feels good.

Oh and I guess I finished KonoSuba too after a whole year. It was good but uuuuuugh Aqua was annoying! She's pretty up there on my most hated characters list.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Astro Boy (2003) - 10/50
Bleach - 205/366
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - 67/76
Chi's Sweet Home (2016) - 34/?
Days - 1/24
Digimon Universe - 3/52
Gad Guard - 12/26
Gun x Sword - 4/26
Hamtaro - 18/296
Karin - 5/24
Kodocha - 12/102
Log Horizon - 2/25
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy (1996) - 15/26
Maicching Machiko-sensei - 4/95
Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2/?
Ranma ½ - 18/161
Sailor Moon - 166/200 (SuperS completed)
Sekai no Yami Zukan - 10/13
Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni... - 4/12
Speed Racer - 30/52
Tekkaman Blade - 7/49
Tiger Mask W - 34/?
Tokyo Mew Mew - 18/52
Tsugumomo - 5/12
Ultimate Muscle - 26/77
Wedding Peach - 12/51
World Fool News (TV) Part II - 2/?
Yu Yu Hakusho - 51/112

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
3-gatsu no Lion - COMPLETE
A Silent Voice - COMPLETE
Aggressive Retsuko - 49
Demi-chan wa Kataritai - COMPLETE
Gabriel DropOut - COMPLETE
Gintama - TO BE CONTINUED
Granblue Fantasy - 12
Hellsing Ultimate - COMPLETE
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - COMPLETE
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 - COMPLETE
Little Witch Academia - 24
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis - 6
Seiren - COMPLETE
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 - COMPLETE
Usakame - COMPLETE
Your Name. - COMPLETE

Wow I haven't posted since last season, jeez. I haven't really been watching much this season though. Just Little Witch and some odd stuff.

I watched Granblue Fantasy last week. The art style looked nice and pretty and I heard it was good. It wasn't worth the watch. The animation quality took a nosedive, and the plot is the most boring thing ever. It's just a generic JRPG plot where nothing interesting ever happens. The main character is dishwater personified and everything is played 100% straight. There are no moments of levity or charm, just constant "adventuring" with no jokes. The opening is pretty good at least.

Then I watched Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, which is pretty much the anti-Granblue. The main cast is wild, they're all funny and endearing. Favaro is a joy to watch, he started off as a total *** but I can't help but love him. I really dig the artwork, the small stuff like Bahamut's wings filling up with energy, to the magic circles being kind of hexagon shaped, to the demons having blended colours on their bodies, it all looks really cool. I liked a lot of the designs in Granblue to give it some credit, but Bahamut takes it to the next level. The story is actually interesting so far, and it knows how to balance action with comedy to make itself enjoyable. It's interesting to see how two shows like this can come from similar places, but one it a clear-cut cash-in, while the other is something with actual thought and effort put behind it.

Also Bonus: I flew to Japan and watched some Maid Dragon there live. That was cool.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Astro Boy (2003) - 10/50
Bleach - 210/366
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - 68/76
Chi's Sweet Home (2016) - 37/?

Days - 1/24
Digimon Universe - 3/52
Gad Guard - 12/26
Gun x Sword - 4/26
Hamtaro - 18/296
Karin - 5/24
Kodocha - 12/102
Log Horizon - 2/25
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy (1996) - 17/26
Maicching Machiko-sensei - 5/95
Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2/?
Ranma ½ - 18/161
Sailor Moon - 200/200 - COMPLETE
Sekai no Yami Zukan - 10/13
Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni... - 12/12 - COMPLETELY UNSEXY AND BORING, DON'T BOTHER
Speed Racer - 30/52
Tekkaman Blade - 7/49
Tiger Mask W - 36/38
Tokyo Mew Mew - 18/52
Tsugumomo - 5/12
Ultimate Muscle - 26/77
Wedding Peach - 12/51
World Fool News (TV) Part II - 12/12 - COMPLETE
Yu Yu Hakusho - 51/112

After years of my parents saying I've seen Sailor Moon as a kid but not remembering I did, I've finally watched and completed it. (Probably unintentional I started it on its 25th birthday--though I did start watching it on my 25th birthday.) I have to say, I now 100% understand why it is it took off in popularity and resonates well with fans. It really is a charming series. I do believe it is a shame Sailor Stars hadn't gotten licensed for years and thus wasn't dubbed, I would've liked to have seen it dubbed. But while I like the season (might be my favorite season, but I'm not sure yet), I guess I was slightly let down by the ending. I imagined it to be more romantic and it just... ended. Apparently the manga's ending is more what I was probably thinking of, but I'll get to it when I get to it. Still am not really looking forward to Crystal finishing up, though--I originally had plans to watch all of Crystal before starting on the original series so I could avoid the rose-tinted glasses, but ah well.

Cardcaptors may still be my favorite of the influential magical girl shows (nostalgia plays a part in it), but Sailor Moon did grow and start to resonate with me as I watched it. It was nice watching it these three months.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I caught up on some Attack on Titan OVA episodes that I hadn't seen before this week, also I saw the newest episodes of Boruto, Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine, Love Kome, Kenka Banchou Otome,Tsugumomo and Cinderella Girls Gekijou.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Alice to Zouroku - 12/12 Completed
Berserk (2017) - 12/12 Completed
Black Magic M-66 - 1/1 Completed
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season - 14/25
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism - 2/12 Dropped
Centaur no Nayami - 1/12
Demi-chan wa Kataritai: Demi-chan no Natsuyasumi - 1/1 Completed
Dragon Half - 2/2 Completed
Eromanga-sensei - 12/12 Completed
Fate/Apocrypha - 1/25
Flip Flappers - 6/13
Fukumenkei Noise - 12/12 Completed
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 64/64 Completed
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 4-Koma Theater - 16/16 Completed
Haikyuu!! - 8/25
Henkei Shoujo - 3/-
Juuni Kokuki - 3/45
Kagaku na Yatsura - 1/1 Completed
Kakegurui - 2/12
Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen - 1/1 Completed
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - 12/12 Completed
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!: Ani, Imouto, Koibito - 1/1 Completed
Love Hina - 3/24
Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito - 2/3
MM! - 2/12
My Neighbor Totoro - 1/1 Completed
Petshop of Horrors - 1/4
Pokemon the Movie: White - Victini and Zekrom - 1/1 Completed
Pokemon Sun & Moon - 33/-
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 - 12/12 Completed
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode - 5/13
The Cat Returns - 1/1 Completed
The Secret World of Arrietty - 1/1 Completed
When Marnie Was There - 1/1 Completed
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - 33/154 Dropped
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V - 70/148
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - 9/-
Yuu-Yuu-Hakusho - 12/112

Guess who finished Brotherhood after 5+ years? I like to say I took that long because I've read the manga twice and was waiting until I was feeling the story again, but we all know it's mostly cause of laziness. It's done though, I'm happy.

I've also been watching a lot of Ghibli movies with my sister since she likes them and it's an easy time-killer. I absolutely loved The Secret World of Arrietty, it was such a fun film to watch. I'd easily consider it my favorite Ghibli movie. But I still need to see a few more before I can say I've seen all the "main" Ghibli films, so that can still change.

In the end, I decided I'm not gonna try to thin my 70+ anime on-hold list by completing them; I'm gonna drop them instead. Ultimately I figured a lot of them I'm likely never going to get back to, as much as I think I would. I dropped about 40 anime, leaving me with a little over 25 anime I do honestly want to finish soon. Most of the ones I dropped have been untouched in like 3-4 years after like 1-2 episodes.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I saw episodes of Nobunaga no Shinobi, Shingeki no Bahamut, Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai, Berserk, Seikaisuru Kado, Hinako Note, Renai Boukun, Clockwork Planet, Sakurada Reset and Kenka Banchou Otome this weekend and I have to catch up on Sakura Quest too.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
so brain vomit almost a year ago made me stop watching anime for a very long time

i started back up today with watching Izetta: The Last Witch, which I put off for several months. I heard it was bad and it's not disappointing in that department. Terrible mélange of ideas ranging from really stupid to okay and it completely drops the ball on all of them, and especially on combining them together, so it's less than the sum of its parts, which ain't much to begin with.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Over the week, I resumed watching Aikatsu Stars, Sakura Quest, Sakurada Reset, Boruto, Shingeki no Bahamut, Digimon Universe and Kirakira Precure. I also began watching Shoukoku no Altair, Vatican Kiseki Chousakan and Jigoku Shoujo. ^^

Xionea

Half a centaur
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season - 17/25
Centaur no Nayami - 3/12
Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! - 2/12
Flip Flappers - 6/13
Haikyuu!! - 8/25
Henkei Shoujo - 3/-
Juuni Kokuki - 3/45
Kakegurui - 5/12
Kanon (2006) - 8/24
Love Hina - 4/24
MM! - 2/12
New Game!: Watashi, Shain Ryokou tte Hajimete nano de... - 1/1 Completed
Nichijou: Nichijou no 0-wa - 1/1 Completed
Petshop of Horrors - 1/4
Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2: Shinsoku no Genosect - Mewtwo Kakusei - 1/1 Completed
Pokemon Sun & Moon - 34/-
Re:Creators - 11/22
ReLIFE - 1/13
Teekyuu 2 - 12/12 Completed
Teekyuu 2 Specials - 2/2 Completed

Tetsuwan Birdy Decode - 13/13 Completed
Uchuu Patrol Luluco - 13/13 Completed
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V - 70/148
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - 9/-
Yuu-Yuu-Hakusho - 12/112
Zettai Junpaku Mahou Shoujo - 1/1 Completed

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I watched Everyday life with Monster Girls the other day.

Ecchi harem af, but I found it extremely enjoyable and hilarious (Zombina best girl, fight me irl). Will continue with the manga.

Just about to start Your Lie in April. Hikaru Naru is just so joyful to listen too.

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
Recently got into Boku No Hero Academia and love it, the best Shounen anime I have seen in a while. Got through Season 1, Season 2 up to episode 20 and the two OVAs which are just as funny as the actual series. I am seriously looking forwards to Season 3's announcement and how the anime adapts the Manga plotline.

Crimson_Blazer

sad to say i'm very "mainstream" when it comes to Anime. i just got caught up with Attack on Titan which i binge watched like crazy. watch both dubbed and original Dragonball Super. that's it really :/ i'll watch the anime on adult swim but have no idea what's going on. Tokyo Ghoul looks cool though. have also watched my fair share of Space Dandy as well

Xionea

Half a centaur
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season - 21/25
Burn Up! - 1/1 Completed
Centaur no Nayami - 8/12
Clannad (rewatching) - 2/23
Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! - 2/12
Flip Flappers - 6/13
Haikyuu!! - 8/25
Henkei Shoujo - 3/-
Juuni Kokuki - 3/45
Kakegurui - 9/12
Kanon (2006) - 24/24 Completed
Koyomimonogatari - 12/12 Completed
Love Hina - 4/24
Made In Abyss - 9/13
Metropolis - 1/1 Completed
MM! - 2/12
New Game!! - 8/12
Owarimonogatari 2nd Season - 3/3 or 7/7 Completed
Pokemon Sun & Moon - 37/-
Re:Creators - 20/22
ReLIFE - 1/13
Tenshi no Drop - 1/1 Completed
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode: The Cipher - 1/1 Completed
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V - 70/148
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS - 16/-
Yuru Yuri Nachuyachumi! - 1/1 Completed
Yuu-Yuu-Hakusho - 12/112

Took forever, but I'm finally caught up with everything airing this season (well, for the most part). There's still a couple things I want to watch this season, Tsurezure Children and Princess Principal, but I'll hold off on those for another time.

The Monogatari series finally finished up. Good ending, but not really anything that makes it #3 on MAL imo. I started Bakemonogatari back in 2014, so I havent been on the 8 year roller coaster like some people have. At least the series has been consistently good in my eyes, so it's kinda sad to see it go.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Currently up-to-date. Most of the updates will be taken up by One Piece.

Ace of Diamond - 48/75
Aggressive Restuko - 71/?
Aho Girl - 3/?
Astro Boy (2003) - 10/50
Bleach - 210/366
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - 72/76
Chi's Sweet Home (2016) - 42/?
Clione no Akari - 2/12
Days - 1/24
Digimon Universe - 3/52
Dive!! - 3/11
Gun x Sword - 4/26
Hamtaro - 18/296
Kodocha - 18/102
Log Horizon - 2/25
Maicching Machiko-sensei - 5/95
Netsuzou TRap - 3/12
Nobunagun - 3/13
Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart - 2/12
One Piece - 389/?
Pokémon Sun & Moon - 2/?
Princess Principal - 1/12
Ranma ½ - 18/161
Skirt no Naka wa Kedemono Deshita. - 9/?
Speed Racer - 30/52
Teekyuu 9 - 2/12
Tekkaman Blade - 7/49
Tenchi in Tokyo - 13/26
Tokyo Mew Mew - 18/52
Tsugumomo - 5/12
Tsurezure Children - 3/?
Ultimate Muscle - 32/77
Wedding Peach - 14/51
Yami Shibai 5th season - 4/?
Yu Yu Hakusho - 51/112