• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm surprised how many people here, especially long-time anime viewers, have only just begun watching One Piece.
Well, it is over 900 episodes after all. I read the manga and still haven't watched much of the anime.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I'm surprised how many people here, especially long-time anime viewers, have only just begun watching One Piece.

Well, when people are stuck indoors with nowhere to go, due to the global pandemic and quarantine, what do you expect? It is also worth the investment, it’s great.

Speaking on One Piece, I finished the Sabaody Archipelago arc and that arc was awesome. I think, even though it falls short to the Water 7/Enies Lobby arcs, it’s still great. I’m also hoping to find out a way to get myself out of the void that ending caused. I feel so empty and emotionless right now. Thank you gor that, Oda. No, I really want to gut him for making me feel this way.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Finished the Sabaody Archipelago arc of One Piece and wow the last 10 episodes were a rollercoaster of emotions, from incredible satisfaction to fear to some hope and then absolute despair. Sadly I already knew the ending but wow actually watching it made me shake for a while. My emotions were put on a blender, now to drink that juice.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I've been watching Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water. Surprisingly I don't see people talk about this series too often. It's actually pretty good. Very deceptive for an anime, in that it starts out seeming like it's going to be a kid's show, but then it goes on to have a really dark plot. It almost feels like something that Don Bluth would have made back in the day where he'd say, 'Kids can handle anything as long as there's a happy ending'.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I finished the Marineford arc of One Piece last night and wow, I have no words. That arc was nothing short of incredible. What a roller coaster of emotions it takes you on. That arc has earned its title as my favorite arc in all of anime. Now on to the post-war arc so hopefully this series does not leave me in tears anymore, though I have a feeling it will.

Since my last post, I also finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and wow, what a great series. Not quite my favorite anime but it is definitely up there. Those last few episodes had me hyped. I absolutely loved the series and I’m glad I watched it.

My plan is now to pick up with Gintama. I did watch the first six episodes and I’ve been having a tough time getting into it,

aradii

Finished episode 10 Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai, a pretty simple concept, but one that I really like, and this anime is another slice of life anime with beautiful moments and jokes along the way, if you want to relax while watching something that will make you laugh and think about life situations, then this anime is for you.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I've been watching the dub for Kare Kano/His & Her Circumstances lately. Like the Utena & Slayers dubs, it still feels weird seeing 4Kids VAs dubbing a romantic comedy adapted by Gainax, but it's still pretty well done.

Some characters sound a little wooden, but several of the VAs sound better than most of their well known shows. The two best performances have to be Veronica Taylor as Yukino Miazawa (basically May as a teenager) and Lisa Ortiz as Tsubasa Shibahime

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Watching Mawaru Penguindrum. Technically this is a rewatch, but it's been so long since I originally watched it that I don't remember a whole lot. It's been really enjoyable so far. I like the style overall, and the surreal elements of this anime really make it stand out from thousands of other anime series.

Just finished the original Gintama. So now I've started with Gintama'.
Can't believe I waited so long to watch this series, maybe its sheer length kinda intimidated me. But it's right up my alley.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Mehmeh1's One Piece arc ratings!

Romance Dawn: 7/10
Orange Town: 6.5/10
Syrup Village: 6/10
Baratie: 7.5/10
Arlong Park: 8.5/10
Loguetown: 8/10
Reverse Mountain: 6.5/10
Whiskey Peak: 7/10
Little Garden: 6.5/10
Drum Island: 7/10
Alabasta: 8.5/10
Jaya: 7.5/10 (skipped Skypiea and Long Ring, though I definitely should go back to Skypiea)
Water 7: 9/10
Enies Lobby: 9.5/10
Post-Enies Lobby: 7.5/10
Thriller Bark: 7.5/10
Sabaody Archipelago: 8/10
Amazon Lily: 7/10
Impel Down: 8/10
Marineford: 10/10
Post-War: 8/10
Fishman Island: 6/10
Punk Hazard: 8/10
Dressrosa: 8.5/10
Zou: 7.5/10

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Loving the Whole Cake Island arc

xEryChan

Demon Child
So, I’m gonna rank all of the OP arcs up to Wano, which is where I currently am in the manga.

Arlong Park: 8.5/10.
Skypiea: 6.5/10
Enies Lobby: 10/10
Amazon Lilly: 6/10
Marineford: 11/10
Fishman Island: 7/10
Punk Hazard: 6/10 (all hail Trafalgar Law for being the saving grace of that arc)
Dressrosa: 8/10
Whole Cake Island: 9.5/10

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I started on a new anime. The 2020 Digimon Adventure reboot. I almost hesitate to call it a reboot, because I've got a hunch it's actually covertly a sequel. But since it's advertised as a reboot, I'm going to call it such.

Now I know that Digimon tends to be hit or miss when the anime is concerned, but this series is actually pretty good so far. I'll go over some differences, but I'm going to tag them because I don't think a lot of people have really started watching this yet.

One of the things people will notice almost immediately is how the storyline is structured. In the original Digimon anime, the seven children meet and get their Digimon right away in the first episode (with the eighth child joining later). Not so with this series. No, in this series, it takes some time for them to meet. In fact, it's 20 episodes before Takeru (T.K. in the dub) even gets his Digivice.

Another difference is the way the evolutions are paced. There is almost ALWAYS something new for the characters' Digimon to do in each episode. Digimon will get the attacks that they had in the previous anime, but they also get new ones, like MetalGreymon's rail gun. Speaking of evolutions, the first two episodes essentially are a remake of Our Wargame (the first half of the Digimon movie in the dub), and Omnimon/Omegamon shows up in the second episode. So it's kind of like the show is saying, 'This is what's possible'. But the thing is, after that episode, we haven't seen Omnimon since (it could be because the children are split into two groups right now, and of course Taichi/Tai leads one group and Yamato/Matt leads another).

The animation is for the most part really good. The show doesn't use as many stillframe zooms (characters moving from the foreground into the background without any animated movement) as the original did. And the evolutions look great. They don't just spin and BAM, Digimon. They're way more flashy and involved now.

As for the music, the original composer's presence is definitely missed, but the music they do use still works for this series. It makes the show feel like something new, even despite it being a reboot.

Not too much more to say yet, since I haven't finished the series and it's supposed to be 66 episodes long. But as of right now, so far so good.

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

Finally continuing what's left of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's after getting caught off guard by other stuff. Now up to the two part (I think) episode where Leo, Luna and Jack duel against Aporia.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Updating once more!
Orange Town: 6.5/10
Syrup Village: 6/10
Baratie: 7.5/10
Arlong Park: 8/10
Loguetown: 8/10
Reverse Mountain: 6.5/10
Whiskey Peak: 7/10
Little Garden: 6.5/10
Jaya: 7.5/10 (skipped Skypiea and Long Ring, though I definitely should go back to Skypiea)
Enies Lobby: 9.5/10
Post-Enies Lobby: 7.5/10
Amazon Lily: 7/10
Marineford: 10/10
Post-War: 8/10
Fishman Island: 6/10
Punk Hazard: 8/10
Dressrosa: 8.5/10
Whole Cake Island: 9/10
Reverie: 7.8/10 too many reveals It's weird to rate since it's so short, but I'll give it an 8/10
Wano Act 1: 8.5/10

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
My ratings:

Orange Town/Buggy: 6.5/10
Syrup Village/Kuro: 7/10
Barratie/Krieg: 7.5/10
Arlong: 8/10
Logue Town: 7/10
Reverse Mountain: 7/10
Whiskey Peak: 8/10
Little Garden: 7/10
Drum Island: 6.5/10
Jaya: 7/10
Skypia: 7.5/10
Foxy: 7.5/10
Water Seven: 8.5/10
Enies Lobby: 9/10
Thriller Bark: 6.5/10
Sabaody: 8/10
Amazon Lily: 7.5/10
Impel Down: 9/10
Marineford: 9/10
Post-War/ASL arc: 8/10
After timeskip reunion: 6.5/10
Fishman: 4/10
Punk Hazard 8/10
Dress Rosa:7/10
Whole Cake Island: 4.5/10
Reverie: 7/10
Wano (until now): 6/10

Also props to G8 to be still the best filler arc in the anime to date. Would give it a 8/10.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Wano Act 2: 8.5/10

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Wano act 2 (thinking about it again): 9/10
Wano Oden Flashback: 10 out of freakin' 10
Wano act 3 (thus far, not counting the flashback): 8.5/10, will most likely go higher

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Finally getting around to watching Yuru Camp since I'm stuck in a room for two weeks due to being in close contact with a Covid Positive person. The show is fantastic. The characters are quirky and loveable, the campsites look beautiful, the the overall direction of the show is just fantastic. 100% recommend it to anyone who likes SoL or shows about nature.

BobbbidyBob

Violet Evergarden.