• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

RetroPokeFan

Finally finished Season One of Kuroko's Basketball. It really has become one of my favourite new anime shows to watch, now heading into Season Two.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Finally started watching Rurouni Kenshin. Which is one of the several longer older anime on my list. I'm 33 episodes in and it's getting pretty interesting, definitely gonna watch this one till the end.

Also watched Gintama: The Final, which was a good conclusion to the series. It had less of the typical Gintama jokes and was a tad more serious, but hey, it's a finale after all and they had to cram it in a movie's length. The staff did a pretty good job.

As for ongoing ones, I'm currently watching Sonny Boy, which is an unexpected gem, the 2nd seasons of Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and the Slime anime and the 5th season of Hero Academia. And One Piece of course.

Thinking of starting with Mushishi after I've finished Rurouni Kenshin. It has pretty good ratings and seems quite interesting.
Uhh, I wouldn't watch it that far if I were you, considering it got cancelled due to all the filler it needed to stop from overtaking the manga.

Here's a helpful list I found:

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Whoever has the authority to distribute the Bleach episodes in North America needs to get their act together and put the rest of the seasons on Netflix.

Uhh, I wouldn't watch it that far if I were you, considering it got cancelled due to all the filler it needed to stop from overtaking the manga.

Here's a helpful list I found:
Oh wow, thanks for the list. That's indeed a ton of filler, especially that gap between those episodes in the 60's and those in the 90's.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
FINALLY! I finished Thriller Bark season/Season 10 of One Piece! And my gosh...okay. I honestly like Thriller Bark in the manga, but with the 1:1 chapter:episode adaptation rate, I didn't really like Thriller Bark animated as much. Probably should've just watched the episode where Bink's Brew/Sake (in both sub and dub...which I did do) was shown since that was one of the reasons for it but still. It was Brook's arc. I just HAD to watch it all the way through.

And now onto Dressrosa! Or rather certain episodes of it. XP
These are the ones in case any one's curious: 678-679, 687, 701-706, 729, 737-738. Picked them out myself cuz those were the ones with more or less good amount of an appearance for a certain walking spoiler character as well as being the only, more or less, appearance of another character involving hearts. I've seen the first three I've picked, both sub and dubbed aaaaaand...once again, the I like both the sub and dub of the character I am watching this for (and it's Johnny Yong Bosch! Yay!), but...nah. Just can't bring myself to watch the dub.

I'll give the dub one more try though whenever I get around to seeing One Piece from...Syrup Village onwards, skip Skypeia (sorry skypeia, maybe next time..tho i'll at least see g-8), and then Water 7 saga. Maybe. i'm not counting on it tho.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I finished Slimes 300 this morning. Finally nice to have an isekai that doesn't have any serious ongoing plot while putting common stuff seen in isekai like guilds, exp and all that in the backburner (outside episode one to a degree). I.e. they exist but don't make it the forefront and instead focuses more on the family and SoL aspects.

Also Azusa's dub VA being agender is fantastic (their delivery on lines could be better but far from intolerable)! Hopefully we have more dub lead roles be diverse! Finally, Veronica Taylor is always great to hear even if her roles were more short ones sans Fatla (and I think Fighter Slime was one she voiced too...I think Veronica voiced five characters altogether).

Only thing I really didn't like was Pecora but in spite of her, it was a fun chill watch where I enjoyed just about all the episodes.

And sorry Emilia but Halkara is now my favorite anime elf. A dumb, alcohol-drinking, business-loving elf is a recipe for success to me.

RetroPokeFan

The first two episodes of Fena: Pirate Princess which I really enjoyed, fantastic dub from NYAV as per usual with Brittany Cox being a major highlight.

Other than that, started Season Two of Kuroko's Basketball and continuing on with Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, a show I started a while back but forgot to continue watching till recently.

Might start number24 and Bungo and Alchemist soon - two other NYAV dubs I wanna check out (maybe after I finish up the whole Battle City stuff with Yu-Gi-Oh).

RetroPokeFan

Asides from the daily Kuroko and Yu-Gi-Oh stuff, I've now started one of the two NYAV dubs I've been meaning to watch ever since they came out: Bungo and Alchemist - Gears of Judgement.

Really enjoying Zeno Robinson's performance though whenever he shouts it reminds me a lot of Goh's voice. Even managed to spot Mike Pollock voicing the king in Episode 1. Seems like it'll be a fun series to check out.

RetroPokeFan

Insert usual Kuroko and Bungo and Alchemist stuff here and two or rather three episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS.

I say "or rather three" because one of them was a recap episode (ya know, the very thing this whole series is infamous for) and I couldn't be arsed to watch it entirely so the short summary of my experience for it goes like this: skip recap, skip recap, skip recap, some interesting stuff, skip recap, skip recap, skip recap, more interesting stuff, skip recap, skip recap, skip recap, you get the picture.

Now up to when Ghost Gal duels Revolver.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'm stuck on what to bother watching. Then again I don't even watch anime all that often like I used to, I just read manga instead. Might as well rewatch High School DxD and some parts of Yugioh Arc-V (since the beginning was actually enjoyable and pretty solid while the end was pretty half-baked which was understandable since they had a limit and basically had to rush it out, the manga ending of Arc-V was crap as well so I guess the series was cursed to begin with, future reboot somewhat but with a more deserved and proper ending maybe? eh who knows)

Morax

King of heroes
I've seen a lot of people recommending yu-gi-oh lately. Is it that good or is it the nostalgia factor?

I'm not familiar with the franchise because it never aired in my country.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I've seen a lot of people recommending yu-gi-oh lately. Is it that good or is it the nostalgia factor?

I'm not familiar with the franchise because it never aired in my country.
As someone who grew up with it......eeeeeeh IDK if I can straight up recommend it unironically to someone who hasn't (unless you're ready to embrace the campiness of using card games based on ancient egyptian magic to save the world). Though the first series and GX have some hilarious dubs, especially GX.

Also whatever you do, DON'T try to get into the card game just by taking lessons from the anime, it's a terrible tutorial for the most part

RetroPokeFan

Finished up the Hanamiya basketball match on Kuroko's Basketball and the Playmaker vs Spectre duel in VRAINS which was absolutely fantastic especially the final part for the animation and voice performances from Jake Paque, Billy Bob Thompson and Barrett Leddy.

And now to see what's next?

Episode 38 is a recap episode

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerugh!

The Mega Champion

The english dub for The World Ends With You anime has finally been released. So I plan on starting to watch it ASAP. Probably sometime today.

It's just completely unknown how often the dubbed episodes will be released. :rolleyes:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'll probably do a rewatch of High School DxD (except season 3 since that's non-canon) or maybe go for a take at the Persona animated series.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The english dub for The World Ends With You anime has finally been released. So I plan on starting to watch it ASAP. Probably sometime today.

It's just completely unknown how often the dubbed episodes will be released. :rolleyes:
pretty sure it'll be once a week. Kinda bummed at the lack of non-Kariya game VAs (especially since NEO did have them), but the new ones are still pretty good. Plus I like how they're making the script a bit closer to the game's localization

RetroPokeFan

Finally finished the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS and I kinda enjoyed it, especially with the conclusion involving the Knights of Hanoi. Now time to see if Season Two can send it riding high or if it'll come crashing down to Earth.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Finally finished the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS and I kinda enjoyed it, especially with the conclusion involving the Knights of Hanoi. Now time to see if Season Two can send it riding high or if it'll come crashing down to Earth.
time for your soul to be burned. IDK whether that's a good or bad thing