• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Watching HunterxHunter rn! Planning to watching for a long time but couldn't watch it because of lack of time but decided to watch it now as I have a lot of time on my hands! Currently watching the Yorknew city arc, and it's been really good so far!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Watching HunterxHunter rn! Planning to watching for a long time but couldn't watch it because of lack of time but decided to watch it now as I have a lot of time on my hands! Currently watching the Yorknew city arc, and it's been really good so far!
you can smile!

RetroPokeFan

Finally finished Season Two of Kuroko's Basketball. It's onto Season Three now and I just heard Ray Chase as Shogo so this should be fun.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Welp the last year was extremly tiresome but now tomorrow is my last work day until new years eve. Now I actually have the time to watch everything I want.

Already planned:
Komi can't communicate
Edens Zero
Vivy
Nagatoro
Dr. Stone season 2 (watched first three episodes)
Platinum End

If there's a super duper new show out there let me know.

Last edited:

Observer

Mostly watching
I've recently gotten into this anime called The Detective is Already Dead, and I must say that it kept me coming back for more. I'm only watching it in the dub, I know that the episodes are already out in subbed and could binge watch all of them in one day but I don't mind waiting week after week to find out what happens, plus it gives me something to do on Sundays.

Back in the summer I watched Don't Toy with me Miss Nagatoro and I am happy to say that I look forward to season 2.

And so far Lupin III Part VI is pretty good.

Morax

King of heroes
I've recently gotten into this anime called The Detective is Already Dead, and I must say that it kept me coming back for more. I'm only watching it in the dub, I know that the episodes are already out in subbed and could binge watch all of them in one day but I don't mind waiting week after week to find out what happens, plus it gives me something to do on Sundays.

Back in the summer I watched Don't Toy with me Miss Nagatoro and I am happy to say that I look forward to season 2.

And so far Lupin III Part VI is pretty good.
Ijirenaide is so underrated. I’m glad more people are watching it.

Observer

Mostly watching
Ijirenaide is so underrated. I’m glad more people are watching it.

Fanservice aside it's really worth watching in my book, Nagatoro may tease her senpai a lot but it's clear that she cares about him and wants him to stand up for himself and have more confidence.

The scary yandere look she has when she's angry is just too funny, especially when her friends starts teasing her or Naoto.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Rewatching bleach atm and it’s soo much better than i remember it to be.

here’s a pro-tip to enjoy every anime out there :
compare it to pokemon
are you gonna watch the filler too? I've heard some of it can be better than some canon stuff though I wouldn't know since I stopped after Soul Society

Observer

Mostly watching
Rewatching bleach atm and it’s soo much better than i remember it to be.

here’s a pro-tip to enjoy every anime out there :
compare it to pokemon

Here is a list of anime titles in this classic song, please don't get upset when they mention Bleach.

Coolio35

I watching those Anime:

Demon Slayer: I started to watching this 'cause my friend this anime is good. Now i watched 9 episodes and yes the anime is good. I like tanjiro because he is "normal". Yes he can be wimpy, brave, funny and strong. I also like that the series show no mercy to the victims. We see many people gets hurted or murderd by the demons.

Dr. Stone: I wathing the series witht a friend. Now im on Episode 8 and i think this series really good.

Appare Ranman: Yeah, i like the Style, the music and the story. I watched all episodes. I hope they making a Season 2.

Akudama Drive: Well i watched 3 episodes and the series sounds intresthing.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Just finished binging Overlord. It's a pretty good show, I like the premise and the characters, but it has one glaring flaw that knocks it down from great to just pretty good: its plot doesn't have a lot of focus and it hasn't really done much to progress the main plot thread and premise.

The whole series is about Ainz, his NPCs, and his hideout being transported to another world and he's trying to reach out and see if there's anyone else from Yggdrasil trapped in this world. And at the end of Season 1, we got a hint that there might be with the World Level Item that brainwashed Shalltear, but two whole seasons after that and that plot thread hasn't progressed at all. Almost makes those 2 seasons feel like filler.

I can excuse Season 3 to a degree because Ainz mentioned in Episode 2 that he might want to take over the world as a means to spread his guild's name out there and hopefully reach another player from Yggdrasil, so in that respect it fits the core premise, but a lot of this stuff with going undercover as a member of the Adventurer's Guild and involving himself in some of the Re-Estize kingdom's affairs has much less to do with that core premise and feels like fluff that distracts from the main plot. Doesn't seem like good writing to me.

Morax

King of heroes
Just finished binging Overlord. It's a pretty good show, I like the premise and the characters, but it has one glaring flaw that knocks it down from great to just pretty good: its plot doesn't have a lot of focus and it hasn't really done much to progress the main plot thread and premise.

The whole series is about Ainz, his NPCs, and his hideout being transported to another world and he's trying to reach out and see if there's anyone else from Yggdrasil trapped in this world. And at the end of Season 1, we got a hint that there might be with the World Level Item that brainwashed Shalltear, but two whole seasons after that and that plot thread hasn't progressed at all. Almost makes those 2 seasons feel like filler.

I can excuse Season 3 to a degree because Ainz mentioned in Episode 2 that he might want to take over the world as a means to spread his guild's name out there and hopefully reach another player from Yggdrasil, so in that respect it fits the core premise, but a lot of this stuff with going undercover as a member of the Adventurer's Guild and involving himself in some of the Re-Estize kingdom's affairs has much less to do with that core premise and feels like fluff that distracts from the main plot. Doesn't seem like good writing to me.
It’s meant to be a parody of the isekai genre so Ainz will probably never struggle for anything. It’s self-insert fantasy for otakus. I think you’re approaching it with the wrong mindset

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It’s meant to be a parody of the isekai genre so Ainz will probably never struggle for anything. It’s self-insert fantasy for otakus. I think you’re approaching it with the wrong mindset
Usually a parody is supposed to make fun of the things it's imitating. Overlord doesn't really do that, its comedy is more focused around Ainz's generals misinterpreting his wishes. Still just seems like bad writing to shift the plot towards the Adventurer's Guild and Re-Estize, whatever the reason they had for writing those plot threads they haven't done a good job justifying the huge amount of focus. If they wanted to make fun of isekais and have him be a mockery of those protagonists they should do more to show that Momon's actions are personally benefiting Nazarick in more than just income. If they wanted it to be an "otaku villain protagonist rules the world" plot (which is what I thought this would be more like going into this show) they should've just made the show like Season 3 to begin with. They're introducing too many characters and plotlines at once and it doesn't really tie together well.

Either way, there's no excuse for them to leave the World Level Item plot thread hanging for this long. That's a threat to everything he's doing and ties into the main premise of the show and how he ended up in this world to begin with. So furthering that plotline and having him investigate the truth behind it, even if it doesn't result in him meeting someone from Yggdrasil, would give the plot a sense of progression.

Morax

King of heroes
Usually a parody is supposed to make fun of the things it's imitating. Overlord doesn't really do that, its comedy is more focused around Ainz's generals misinterpreting his wishes. Still just seems like bad writing to shift the plot towards the Adventurer's Guild and Re-Estize, whatever the reason they had for writing those plot threads they haven't done a good job justifying the huge amount of focus. If they wanted to make fun of isekais and have him be a mockery of those protagonists they should do more to show that Momon's actions are personally benefiting Nazarick in more than just income. If they wanted it to be an "otaku villain protagonist rules the world" plot (which is what I thought this would be more like going into this show) they should've just made the show like Season 3 to begin with. They're introducing too many characters and plotlines at once and it doesn't really tie together well.

Either way, there's no excuse for them to leave the World Level Item plot thread hanging for this long. That's a threat to everything he's doing and ties into the main premise of the show and how he ended up in this world to begin with. So furthering that plotline and having him investigate the truth behind it, even if it doesn't result in him meeting someone from Yggdrasil, would give the plot a sense of progression.
it IS supposed to be a parody according to the author but it takes itself too seriously. I loved the first few episodes but then it started going full political and i lost interest. Too pretentious for me

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
it IS supposed to be a parody according to the author but it takes itself too seriously. I loved the first few episodes but then it started going full political and i lost interest. Too pretentious for me

So that is bad writing then. I don't mind it getting political (as long as there's some actual action and not just sitting around and bickering). My only issue is with the lack of focus in the plot. It sounds like the author isn't really good at keeping the plot consistent with their vision for the series, and that's sad because the premise has a lot of potential to be great but it just hasn't been realized.

RetroPokeFan

Finally finished both VRAINS and Kuroko's Basketball last year.

VRAINS is a pretty decent series, not my all time favourite Yu-Gi-Oh series but there's a lot of great characters and moments. That said though, Season Three (or the whole Ai/Roboppy arc) is probably the weakest season but that's mostly because Gallop's production issues finally caught up to them resulting in them leaving the franchise for good. Had that not got in the way I could have seen this going on for longer and having some other stuff thrown into it. It's not all bad though. I do think Ai and Roboppy are pretty fun in their human forms and the final three duels are bangers (especially Soulburner and Revolver's duel).

Kuroko's Basketball might be one of my favourite anime series now too. A fun entertaining basketball series that I really enjoyed... and I'm not even a sports guy so I'm surprised at myself that I was able to watch it all the way through to the end. The Last Game movie was great too with it being a worthy conclusion to the show.