• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

The Mega Champion

Assassination Classroom S2 is officially beginning tonight on Toonami. So I plan on watching it obviously since I watched S1 when it aired on there.

No... I don't know what took so long. You know about as much as I do.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’ve been watching Sgt. Frog for the past few weeks after seeing it mentioned on the Amphibia Reddit page. Some of the jokes & plots are a little too cringy for me due to the amount of fan service, but otherwise I’m having fun with this show. It has a lot of the insanity as some of my favorite comedies from the 2000s like Fairly Oddparents or Dave the Barbarian, while having a few heartfelt moments sprinkled in to balance everything out & make you actually care about the characters.

The dub also adds to the insanity and it’s the closest I’ve ever seen an anime dub match the level of chaos & comedy found in Ghost Stories. A few of the stand out performances in the dub have to be R. Bruce Elliott as the Narrator, Christopher Sabat as Giroro, & Cherami Leigh as Natsumi

The Mega Champion

Made in Abyss began airing on Toonami last night. I've heard good things about it. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint me.

Intriguing start so far I'd say.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
The reason I watched it was because someone wants me to do a crossover fanfiction with Pokemon and Violet Evergarden.

If I'm being honest here, I'm a little worried I won't be able to do it justice.
Ah, watching anime for the sake of wanting to write a crossover fic for them...or a fic in general...

I know the feeling.

Observer

Mostly watching
As long as you don't fall into the same quality as the Pokemon anime's, you should do extremely well.

I'm going with the AU Ash from movies 20, 21, and 23 because that way I be burdened with the anime cannon.

Plus I'm not going to half a$$ it or shy away from the more dark and mature subjects of Violet Evergarden.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Dude, I am posting stuff on the internet for people to read and judge, knowing full well what's in store for me will most likely not be kind.

I've been walking this path for a long time now, and I haven't stepped off yet.
Still, never bad to watch your step

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Don't forget video games, those can be an influence too. Slender The Eight Pages and Ico are two examples for me.

Oh gosh of course not because that happens a lot for me...or rather playing them so I can read fics without gettin spoiled. :V

Anyways back to the ACTUAL topic...

Still been keepin' up with Digimon Ghost Game and man am I enjoying it. I was legit hyped when one of the non-protag Digimons digivolved for the first time and there was one fight where I was legit hyped over and it was just a simple fight with Digimon of the week. Not to mention the slight horror elements to the show. Love it.

Observer

Mostly watching
Back in the summer or fall of 2021 I binged watched an anime called Yasuke, It's a fictional story about Yasuke who is supposed to be the first African Samurai. It was pretty good reminded me of Afro Samurai, plus Yasuke was voiced by Lakeith Stanfield who played L in the Netflix Death Note movie, don't hold it against him the guy is a good actor.

I don't know if this counts as anime, but I found Dota Dragons Blood to be a good watch and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Still haven't watched a single anime nor am I up-to-date on even the Pokemon anime
I haven't even watched TV in months
But I honestly think that sooner or later, I might try to watch some non-Pokemon anime that I've always been putting off for almost a year now

With Albedo in Genshin Impact and my Chemistry class that I'm finishing tomorrow, I might want to watch Full Metal Alchemist

Especially since my Chemistry teacher has actually watched it and I recently found 2 Genshin Impact memes that use Full Metal Alchemist material

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Oh I started rewatching Bakuman recently...like the fifth time already.

Still remember these days in my early university life when I waited week for week for episodes and chapters to come out and Dream of Life is still to this date my alltime favorite anime opening. It never gets old. I still want a remake that fix some of its smaller problems.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Still haven't watched a single anime nor am I up-to-date on even the Pokemon anime
I haven't even watched TV in months
But I honestly think that sooner or later, I might try to watch some non-Pokemon anime that I've always been putting off for almost a year now

With Albedo in Genshin Impact and my Chemistry class that I'm finishing tomorrow, I might want to watch Full Metal Alchemist

Especially since my Chemistry teacher has actually watched it and I recently found 2 Genshin Impact memes that use Full Metal Alchemist material
@345ash-greninja would be proud of that being your start into more anime. But seriously it's a great gateway into other series

Morax

King of heroes
nor am I up-to-date on even the Pokemon anime
Good. It's not worth it.

>Fullmetal alchemist
Absolutely. Give it a watch.

Oh I started rewatching Bakuman recently...like the fifth time already.

Still remember these days in my early university life when I waited week for week for episodes and chapters to come out and Dream of Life is still to this date my alltime favorite anime opening. It never gets old. I still want a remake that fix some of its smaller problems.
Bakuman is hands down one of the best romance anime i've seen. Azuki best girl (she kinda reminds me of serena tho).

Last edited: