• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Good. It's not worth it.

>Fullmetal alchemist
Absolutely. Give it a watch.

Bakuman is hands down one of the best romance anime i've seen. Azuki best girl (she kinda reminds me of serena tho).
I never saw Bakuman as a romance anime and I honestly can't see Serena in her lol.

Morax

King of heroes
I never saw Bakuman as a romance anime and I honestly can't see Serena in her lol.
?? Bakuman is essentially a romance anime.

>i can’t see serena in her
images

images

Are you kidding me, son?

The only difference here is that moritaka is an infinitely better protagonist than Ass ketchup lol.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
?? Bakuman is essentially a romance anime.

>i can’t see serena in her
images

images

Are you kidding me, son?

The only difference here is that moritaka is an infinitely better protagonist than Ass ketchup lol.
The romance subplot literally became a long distance textchat relationship very early. That romance had some moments but definitely not the focus on the show.

Serena is more outgoing while becoming like that self in the picture you posted when shes with Ash or when shes complimentee. Azuki is the typical nice japanese school girl all the time.

But yeah I like Bakuman. Still in my top 5 over a decade of new shows.

Morax

King of heroes
The romance subplot literally became a long distance textchat relationship very early. That romance had some moments but definitely not the focus on the show.

Serena is more outgoing while becoming like that self in the picture you posted when shes with Ash or when shes complimentee. Azuki is the typical nice japanese school girl all the time.

But yeah I like Bakuman. Still in my top 5 over a decade of new shows.
I mean the romance is literally what kickstarts it all. Moritaka is trying to be a mangaka because he wants to marry miho.

I wasn’t really talking about their personality but the archetype they are based on.
>has a crush on the MC
>is too beta to tell him about it
>surprises the MC with a kiss at the end of the anime

Serena and Miho are pretty much the same character with a different flavor.

But yeah bakuman is a brilliant story.

Observer

Mostly watching
I just got into the new anime "My Dress Up Darling" I enjoyed the first three episodes so much that the other day I read all 69 chapters of the manga, I haven't read a manga since "Naruto" ended.

The main characters Marin and Gojo are really fun to watch, especially with how supportive they are to each other. Marin with her cosplay and Gojo with his passion for making Gina dolls.

Then there's the overall message of being able to do what you love and not having to care about being judged or feeling ashamed about it.

Also I want to point out that Marin sort of looks like Risa from "The Power of Us" movie.

See?

Well, I've found Fullmetal Alchemist somewhere where I could watch it, but now the problem is actually pressing the play button, which is way way way more difficult than I thought

I've been trying to press that play button for literally almost a day and yet I still haven't been able to press it

I finally pressed that play button on Fullmetal Alchemy after about 44.5 hours since finding where I could watch it

So now I've at least seen the first episode, this does look like something I would continue watching

Also, I do wonder, how many animes keep the Japanese opening in the dub? Cause Fullmetal Alchemy surprised me with a Japanese opening, and due to being used to how Pokemon does things...

The Mega Champion

I still don't get or accept the BS excuse that Demon Slayer is now 'too expensive to air on Toonami' and it just seems like a ridiculous excuse to me.

Either way Demon Slayer S2/Demon Slayer Entertainment District Arc officially started with an english dub via Funimation subscription only yesterday. Luckily I have one. So I guess I'll watch it this way since there's no choice clearly.

Either way this anime is still HYPE

Observer

Mostly watching
I still don't get or accept the BS excuse that Demon Slayer is now 'too expensive to air on Toonami' and it just seems like a ridiculous excuse to me.

Either way Demon Slayer S2/Demon Slayer Entertainment District Arc officially started with an english dub via Funimation subscription only yesterday. Luckily I have one. So I guess I'll watch it this way since there's no choice clearly.

Either way this anime is still HYPE

Wait, so you mean to tell me that it won't be airing on Toonami?

That sucks major donkey balls.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Somebody spoil him the ending :3
This season is adapting to 131 only anyway so.....yeah, this season is certified peak. What I'd really question is watching AoT dubbed (seriously Yuki Kaji and Koyasu are unmatched as are the other VA's)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I'm currently watching Baki (2018), and I honestly find it a little too overly violent just to be edgy. I'm also watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stone Ocean. It's a decent season, but it's not as strong as some of the other ones, but I'm enjoying it. Joleyne is pretty cool.

Well, looks like I've finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (dub)

As for my opinion on the show, I don't have much of one

Instead, I like trying to compare things to history cause I'm that kind of person

For one thing, the story seems to take place in 1914 and 1915, I saw the year on Hughes's grave, which was the year of WWI

As for the other thing, we got Führer Bradley, which does seem to maybe be some WWII reference, and not just because he is an evil Führer
The homunculuses think they're better than everyone else, just like how the Nazis thought they, as Aryans, were better than everyone else

As for Xing, Xerxes, and Drachma, they seem to be more based on older civilizations (Since the last dynasty of China died in 1911)

Xing is obviously some Chinese Dynasty, which has always had the problem of having their emperor die, cause then all their sons would fight for the throne, which is referenced with the whole thing with Ling Yao trying to find immortality

Xerxes seems to be based on Ancient Greece mainly due to the scientific advancements they had, their architecture, the clothing, and how alchemy came from there

As for Drachma, we didn't see much of it, but I'd guess they're either based on Vikings or the Swedish Empire that existed in the 17th century

and of course, I'd say Amestris is obviously based on Germany

and I'll just skip the Ishvalans

Observer

Mostly watching
I just watched the first two dubbed episodes of Saiyuki Reload Zeroin and I am glad to see the Sanzo group back in action again.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Finally getting around to watching Sora no Oto (2010) on Crunchyroll. Cute girls doing cute military things in a declining world. It does well to merge life in a Basque-esque city with the futility of working on tech you can no longer produce but the hope of a better tomorrow.

It is definitely worth a watch.

Now that I've finished FMA, I don't know what sort of anime I could watch next...