• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I've watched Tokyo Revengers because it was recommended by friends and I was eager to see a gta sa in anime format.

And I liked it. I am honestly quite suprised about me liking it that much mainly because the setting and overall clima of the series hand in hand with the characters makes the story actually so unpredictable. Mixed in with decent pacing, you just can't stop watching. I also like the time traveling twist here without the infinite "tries" like in Re:Zero. Makes the conflicts more intense and is less repetive.

Yes there are quite some unrealistic things in the series (except...you know...the time traveling) but other than that...yeah it was fun for me. Clichee but in a weirdly good way

Well, there's one flaw. Takemichi's character needs to develop now. I heard there's a big twist in the manga but right now he's that type of guy making the same mistakes over and over again in a loop of "oh I messed up" and "I need to get my ass up".

Last edited:

Observer

Mostly watching
Now that I've finished FMA, I don't know what sort of anime I could watch next...

Trigun is a classic, Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note, one of the Marvel Anime series like Ironman, Wolverine, Blade, X-Men, Black Widow and The Punisher Confidential, or maybe something from the Saiyuki series?

Card captors, Violet Evergarden, and Silent Voice are good.

For Slice of Life there's My Dress Up Darling, Smile Down The Runway, Komi Can't Communicate, Uzaki-Chan wants to Hangout, and Haruhi Suzumiya along with Don't Toy with me Miss Nagatoro.

Honestly there is a lot to choose from, just pick what interests you.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Rewatching Tokyo Ghoul and I have to say it's just as good as when I first saw it few years back but it's far from being a masterpiece.

Sailor moon
Trigun is a classic, Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note, one of the Marvel Anime series like Ironman, Wolverine, Blade, X-Men, Black Widow and The Punisher Confidential, or maybe something from the Saiyuki series?

Card captors, Violet Evergarden, and Silent Voice are good.

For Slice of Life there's My Dress Up Darling, Smile Down The Runway, Komi Can't Communicate, Uzaki-Chan wants to Hangout, and Haruhi Suzumiya along with Don't Toy with me Miss Nagatoro.

Honestly there is a lot to choose from, just pick what interests you.
I also kinda want to know what exactly it is about so that I can see if I'm interested

I actually only remembered to ask this question only because an alternate history YouTuber I watch has an Attack on Titan Lore video apparently for some reason

and also because I've been seeing a lot of people playing a HOI4 mod that has Girl und Panzer stuff in it apparently...

The Mega Champion

Tomodachi Game intrigued the hell out of me. So I gave it a try. It's pretty much Danganronpa except without all of the murder (potentially at least). So I'd say I enjoyed it and will try to stick with it.

The Mega Champion

Since everyone keeps claiming it's so good... I tried watching Spy x Family.

I can't really say much honestly. I feel sorry for the kid though tbh. The guy just seems like a jerkass.

Observer

Mostly watching
Lupin III Part VI is now out in the Dub so I'm going to be watching that.

Saiyuki Reload Zeroin Dub is almost done so I'm looking forward to how it ends.

So far the second season of Komi Can't Communicate is off to a good start.

Well, I can't seem to find a history anime to watch that isn't either TV-MA (which I don't particularly like) or has a female-only cast (Which I think is very weird and would also end up being very weird and would probably make me uncomfortable...)

I wonder what other history animes exist out there... (Other than the TV-MA Fate and Hetalia and the Female-only cast Girl und Panzer and Azur Lane)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Spy x Family just ended the first cour before it returns in October with the second set of episodes this year.

Do I still have to say how great the anime is? It's still early for me to say it since the summer season has just started, and I am sorry for Kaguya-sama 3, but anime of the year has to be Spy x Family for me.

And for good reasons. It's probably peak comedy genre, has the best atmossphere and the series for once don't take place in Japan in a typical high school or in a fantasy world/isekai but instead in the 1960s of Germany when east and west still was splitted. It's just a rare setting and I always wanted to see more of it in the anime without having a dead serious plot about war. There is actually that reasoning for Operation Strix to secure world peace and to prevent war, but it's not over the top and the series is also very lighthearted, while still having darker moments and a couple of subplots and arcs, that adds onto the main plot including adding more characters while not introducing to many and these characters are gold with multidimensional characters here and there (I mean the whole "gimmick" of the series is based on having two side of the same coins characters. But they are also less static and there are references to their "other sides" everywhere. Yor, Loid, Anya, Damian, Henderson, Yuri etc. are all awesome and even Franky has so much of a fun character. There's exactly one thingm I am not fond off and that was the explaination why Yor has to marry a guy. Because it makes you suspicious to live alone? I don't know if that has a historical background in germany or if it was something Endo came up with but eh?

Other than that the pacing is perfect, soundtrack is perfect, art style + shading is perfect and what really amuses me is how the animation is even better than the most actual shonen battling series and isekai while it doesn't have near as many fight sequences.

Well that's it for this mini review. I could still write a lot more about the series but I rather continue reading the manga.

Observer

Mostly watching
I just got done watching the Dub of "Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games Is Tough for Mobs" and I really enjoyed it a lot, after the first few episodes I started reading the manga and the light novels. For the record I'm still on volume 9, I really hope it gets a second season because I can't wait to see the rest of series animated.

Spy x Family just ended the first cour before it returns in October with the second set of episodes this year.

Do I still have to say how great the anime is? It's still early for me to say it since the summer season has just started, and I am sorry for Kaguya-sama 3, but anime of the year has to be Spy x Family for me.

And for good reasons. It's probably peak comedy genre, has the best atmossphere and the series for once don't take place in Japan in a typical high school or in a fantasy world/isekai but instead in the 1960s of Germany when east and west still was splitted. It's just a rare setting and I always wanted to see more of it in the anime without having a dead serious plot about war. There is actually that reasoning for Operation Strix to secure world peace and to prevent war, but it's not over the top and the series is also very lighthearted, while still having darker moments and a couple of subplots and arcs, that adds onto the main plot including adding more characters while not introducing to many and these characters are gold with multidimensional characters here and there (I mean the whole "gimmick" of the series is based on having two side of the same coins characters. But they are also less static and there are references to their "other sides" everywhere. Yor, Loid, Anya, Damian, Henderson, Yuri etc. are all awesome and even Franky has so much of a fun character. There's exactly one thingm I am not fond off and that was the explaination why Yor has to marry a guy. Because it makes you suspicious to live alone? I don't know if that has a historical background in germany or if it was something Endo came up with but eh?

Other than that the pacing is perfect, soundtrack is perfect, art style + shading is perfect and what really amuses me is how the animation is even better than the most actual shonen battling series and isekai while it doesn't have near as many fight sequences.

Well that's it for this mini review. I could still write a lot more about the series but I rather continue reading the manga.

I really like it too and like you said it's nice having an anime that doesn't take place in Japan or have the main character be a high school student for once. Plus the amount of Isekai anime that's been coming out lately is just staggering, so yeah.

Also I believe that back in the 50's and 60's people would accuse one another of being a spy or a communist for the most flimsiest of reasons without any proof of evidence. Sadly that train of thought is still present even in today's society, but yeah it does have some historical background in every country.

The Mega Champion

Nothing from the current simuldub season has legitimately interested me. So... while I wait for Shadows House S2 to start english dubbed...

I decided to finally watch Odd Taxi. Pretty interesting so far honestly. It's basically anime Zootopia with social media lol

Observer

Mostly watching
I just watched the first Sword Art Online Progressive movie. Its so much better than the main series lmao.

How so? I only watched the first episode of Sword Art Online several years ago on Toonami on Demand and didn't even bother with the rest of the anime.

I might consider watching it if it's worth it or not.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
How so? I only watched the first episode of Sword Art Online several years ago on Toonami on Demand and didn't even bother with the rest of the anime.

I might consider watching it if it's worth it or not.
Its more fleshed out story of the aincrad arc and is in Asuna's point of view.
And the second arc of the 1st season in the original anime series was terrible (the elf/fairy arc).

Observer

Mostly watching
Its more fleshed out story of the aincrad arc and is in Asuna's point of view.
And the second arc of the 1st season in the original anime series was terrible (the elf/fairy arc).

Honestly I always thought of the series as a .Hack rip off, and people saying that the anime isn't really that great as others make it out to be, and it's been 9 years so.

Alright I guess I could give it a shot, is there anything I should know or be on the lookout for before jumping in?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Honestly I always thought of the series as a .Hack rip off, and people saying that the anime isn't really that great as others make it out to be, and it's been 9 years so.

Alright I guess I could give it a shot, is there anything I should know or be on the lookout for before jumping in?
Well the Progressive series only has 1 movie of the retelling so far, while the main series has several seasons.