• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

RetroPokeFan

Since I spent two weeks off not watching anything, I decided today's the best kind of day so the usual round of Shaman King, AMAIM, Number24 and Yu-Gi-Oh SEVENS, except I watched four episodes of Shaman instead of the usual two to make up for it.

Observer

Mostly watching
I just watched the first Sword Art Online Progressive movie. Its so much better than the main series lmao.

Alicization is great too. Really gave kirito some depth there.

Alright I was finally able to watch the Progressive movie right after I got done watching the Bob's Burgers Movie, which by the way if you're a fan of that show you might enjoy the movie.

The progressive movie was pretty good, some parts were a little slow for me but still good none the less. Asuna and Mitio's friendship was sweet and I'm glad that Asuna didn't hold a grudge against her because the girl felt guilty enough as it was. Asuna's inner struggle of coming to terms of with the new reality she's now in was handled nicely it wasn't rushed or dragged out which was very refreshing to see, all in all I am glad I watched it and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

As for Alicization I thought it was a movie and not 24 episodes, but I'll break it down to at least 3 or 4 episodes a day and get back to you on that.

Also SWORD ART ONLINE: PROGRESSIVE MOVIE - KURAKI YUUYAMI NO SCHERZO and Oridnal Scale are they worth checking out?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Alright I was finally able to watch the Progressive movie right after I got done watching the Bob's Burgers Movie, which by the way if you're a fan of that show you might enjoy the movie.

The progressive movie was pretty good, some parts were a little slow for me but still good none the less. Asuna and Mitio's friendship was sweet and I'm glad that Asuna didn't hold a grudge against her because the girl felt guilty enough as it was. Asuna's inner struggle of coming to terms of with the new reality she's now in was handled nicely it wasn't rushed or dragged out which was very refreshing to see, all in all I am glad I watched it and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

As for Alicization I thought it was a movie and not 24 episodes, but I'll break it down to at least 3 or 4 episodes a day and get back to you on that.

Also SWORD ART ONLINE: PROGRESSIVE MOVIE - KURAKI YUUYAMI NO SCHERZO and Oridnal Scale are they worth checking out?
Yes, the second progressive movie isn't out yet though.

The Mega Champion

I've been watching Platinum End this week. I've seen 3 eps so far. I know people have been saying this anime is dogshit but I'd rather watch it and judge it for myself. It is a little... weird but it's interesting as well. We'll see how I feel when I finish it.

The Mega Champion

With Shaman King 2021 finally finished on Netflix... I need something to watch while I wait for Edens Zero S2 and the next Shaman King anime (sequel or whatever).

So I ended up deciding to watch Dragon Pilot. It's short so that ended up being one of the key factors. I can't really say much about it yet as I've only seen one ep.

Well, I decided to watch another anime, this time the not-so-well-known Altair

and it has proven to me that I probably would want to watch more historical fantasy animes

It is always fun trying to figure out what each country is based on, some are obvious, while some aren't obvious, and some probably aren't exactly based on a country

Torqye is obviously based on the Ottoman Empire (or Turkey)
The Balt-Rhein Empire is obviously based on Germany (and Austria)
Florence is Florence
Phoinike is based on Byzantium and Phoenicia (and Ancient Greece)
Venedik is obviously just Venice
That place in the south is based on some African nation (I can't remember the name of it)
The Sultanlus are probably based on the many Beyliks that were in Anatolia (or even the Mamluks in Mizrak's case)
Argyros is probably based on a specific Russian city (like Moscow)
The Far East is based on China (Can't remember the country's name...)
Urado is probably based on some Slavic nation (or Hungary and Romania)
L'Isolani could honestly be any trade city-state in Europe (like Genoa)
Scoglio is probably based on Belgium (or France)
Cuore di Rumeliana is based on the Holy Roman Empire (if it was Italian)
Campana is probably based on Portugal (or some Spanish place)
Tauro City is probably based on Aragon (or some other sort of Spanish place)
Chielo is probably based on Castile (or some other sort of Spanish place)

Also, I do wonder where the Altair anime ends in the manga...

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I watched Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.

It's genuinely one of the best anime I've ever seen in years and it will hit you very hard in the feels. How do I best describe it exactly? It's one of those animes made with such great passion and writing that it will rekindle your love for anime that you probably haven't experienced in years. It is one of those anime that will remind you why you loved anime in the first place.

Morax

King of heroes
I watched Cyberpunk: Edgerunners.

It's genuinely one of the best anime I've ever seen in years and it will hit you very hard in the feels. How do I best describe it exactly? It's one of those animes made with such great passion and writing that it will rekindle your love for anime that you probably haven't experienced in years. It is one of those anime that will remind you why you loved anime in the first place.
How’s the animation?

shoz999

How’s the animation?
It's studio trigger animation of course, directed by the same guy who made Gurren Lagann and Promare. So the animation is top-quality, better than most top-quality anime out there.

Non-stop absurd over-the-top action that makes great use of camera angles, scenery and color. It takes full advantage of its cyberpunk setting, but I'd say the difference between previous Studio Trigger projects is that there is a lot of blood, this can get stylishly gory. Think Berserk levels of gory. This anime does not shy away from the frequent brains, guts, ribs splattered across the streets. Not for the faint of heart.

Speaking of "not for the faint of heart." The anime does a really good job of taking this idea seriously. That you're not out to save humanity or the world. Humanity is not interested in being saved. You're out to save yourself. I suppose that's another thing that makes it different from other Studio Trigger anime, or heck. Most sci-fi/fantasy anime these days.

Last edited:

Observer

Mostly watching
Well I spent most of last week binge watching High School DxD seasons 1-3 and I plan on watching season 4 today. I can see why it has a dedicated fanbase and it's pretty funny at times, but it is just one scene away from being considered something else.

I'm also watching the Dub of "Higehiro After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway" the anime is pretty wholesome and I really like the chemistry between the two main characters. The dramatic moments especially in later episodes do not shy away from their topic.

Morax

King of heroes
It's studio trigger animation of course, directed by the same guy who made Gurren Lagann and Promare. So the animation is top-quality, better than most top-quality anime out there.

Non-stop absurd over-the-top action that makes great use of camera angles, scenery and color. It takes full advantage of its cyberpunk setting, but I'd say the difference between previous Studio Trigger projects is that there is a lot of blood, this can get stylishly gory. Think Berserk levels of gory. This anime does not shy away from the frequent brains, guts, ribs splattered across the streets. Not for the faint of heart.

Speaking of "not for the faint of heart." The anime does a really good job of taking this idea seriously. That you're not out to save humanity or the world. Humanity is not interested in being saved. You're out to save yourself. I suppose that's another thing that makes it different from other Studio Trigger anime, or heck. Most sci-fi/fantasy anime these days.
Just watched a first 5 episodes of Edgerunner and …..i don’t see the appeal. The animation is great but the story? Meh

shoz999

Just watched a first 5 episodes of Edgerunner and …..i don’t see the appeal. The animation is great but the story? Meh
I don't want to spoil it and I understand if you feel five episodes are enough but if you can, watch the entire season. The second half of the season is when things get really interesting. Of course, that's just me. I wish I could spoil it but it's a brand new anime that's singlehandledly reviving the Cyber Punk 2077 video game playerbase.

Morax

King of heroes
I don't want to spoil it and I understand if you feel five episodes are enough but if you can, watch the entire season. The second half of the season is when things get really interesting. Of course, that's just me. I wish I could spoil it but it's a brand new anime that's singlehandledly reviving the Cyber Punk 2077 video game playerbase.
So far it seems like your run-of-the mill love story in a cyberpunk setting tbh. I was expecting something more Matrix-esque…