• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So far it seems like your run-of-the mill love story in a cyberpunk setting tbh. I was expecting something more Matrix-esque…
Run-of-the-mill love story? If those are your expectations, perhaps it's not too late for you to change your opinion. As in, there are still plenty of surprises that could surpass your expectations.

Morax

King of heroes
Run-of-the-mill love story? If those are your expectations, perhaps it's not too late for you to change your opinion. As in, there are still plenty of surprises that could surpass your expectations.
Ok i just finished the whole thing and it’s good, 7/10 for me. Definitely not as great as Akira, ghost in the shell or cowboy bebop tho.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Just watched Weathering With You. 10/10. Great movie. I know everyone says Your Name is better (I think even the creator said he was afraid he'd peaked with it) but I just have no interest in watching it.

EDIT: Thought Your Name was Shinkai's first movie, but apparently it was his sixth. Didn't realize he did 5 Centimeters per Second or Children Who Chase Lost Voices.

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Finished rewatching the masterpiece that is Monster 9/10,it was just as great as it was when I first discovered it back in 2016ish,at the time it was really hard to get my hands on the series due to limited places to purchasing it online,I'd imagine it's just as expensive now to buy the complete series.Johan Liebert is still the greatest anime villain in my eyes and also one of the smartest characters in all of anime,he was a genius even as a kid and I'd put his IQ over both L's and Light's from Death Note which is another series that I own,the guy is a walking gary stu.It also has other good characters like Inspector Lunge,Roberto,Dr.Tenma,Eva,Grimmer and Martin.

The Mega Champion

My Hero Academia S6 has officially started (english dubbed as well). Great start so far. Hopefully I can enjoy it more than last season.

The Mega Champion

Spy x Family P2/S2/whatever you want to call it has started as well. I have to admit... pretty good start so far. We'll see.

The Mega Champion

It finally happened everyone... Chainsaw Man english dubbed started yesterday. I have no idea what the hell I just watched... but I LOVED it in some kind of way. Either way... looks like this is going to be a BLOODY good time :p

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I might've mentioned this show before, but I recently watched some episodes of Chargeman Ken. This is admittedly a guilty pleasure of mine, because even though the episodes can easily be found, I would never under any realistic circumstance recommend that anyone even watch a minute of this.

Imagine the worst animated series you've ever seen in your life with the worst animation you've ever seen, and then magnify how bad it is by about a hundred or so. That's basically what this is. It makes The Room look like Lord of the Rings by comparison.

Ken is a superhero fighting against aliens, he has a robot sidekick that barely does anything, and nothing is ever explained. There is an episode called 'Dynamite in the Brain' where Ken ejects a scientist out of his vehicle and has the guy explode on one of the alien ships to destroy it. And in another episode, he pretends to be mentally handicapped in order to sneak into an insane asylum. And in yet another episode, his sister tries to kill him. And after she's stopped, she is sent with Ken to confront the villain that mind controlled her into doing it.

This show is really just... surreal. But as I said it is a guilty pleasure of mine, and it's like watching a trainwreck.

The Mega Champion

And so begins Made in Abyss S2. I can see why watching Movie 3 is required now at least lol. Can't say much yet as it has just started obviously but honesty I feel like it's going to be impossible to top the arc that Movie 3 covered.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Spy x Family - such a wholesome show.

Mobile Suit Gundam - The Witch from Mercury.

And I'm waiting for Eighty-Six's next batch of episodes.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I might've mentioned this show before, but I recently watched some episodes of Chargeman Ken. This is admittedly a guilty pleasure of mine, because even though the episodes can easily be found, I would never under any realistic circumstance recommend that anyone even watch a minute of this.

Imagine the worst animated series you've ever seen in your life with the worst animation you've ever seen, and then magnify how bad it is by about a hundred or so. That's basically what this is. It makes The Room look like Lord of the Rings by comparison.

Ken is a superhero fighting against aliens, he has a robot sidekick that barely does anything, and nothing is ever explained. There is an episode called 'Dynamite in the Brain' where Ken ejects a scientist out of his vehicle and has the guy explode on one of the alien ships to destroy it. And in another episode, he pretends to be mentally handicapped in order to sneak into an insane asylum. And in yet another episode, his sister tries to kill him. And after she's stopped, she is sent with Ken to confront the villain that mind controlled her into doing it.

This show is really just... surreal. But as I said it is a guilty pleasure of mine, and it's like watching a trainwreck.
Ah, you were intrigued by that one YouTube video reviewing it too.

The Mega Champion

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War has started english dubbed now as well. I'm going to really miss this franchise once it finally ends. I really am. I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts. I can't wait to see how all of this ends. :D

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Ah, you were intrigued by that one YouTube video reviewing it too.
Actually to be honest, I saw a clip a few years back from an episode where he pretends to be a patient in an asylum and looked to see what the name of the show was, but couldn't find it. It was only after the video that I learned what the name of the show was.

Last edited:

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Chainsaw man- This anime was one of the most anticipated upcoming anime and it didn't disappoint. Also MAPPA did a really great job animating it.

SpyxFamily- The first part was great and it started off pretty good in the second part as well.

Mob Psycho III- Its my personal favourite of this season

Blue Lock- I've really been looking forward to this anime. I heard some great things about this anime and it's really good so far.

My Hero Academia Season 6- It seems they are going to adapting almost everything from the manga this season and the animation has been pretty good

shoz999

Spy x Family - such a wholesome show.

Mobile Suit Gundam - The Witch from Mercury.

And I'm waiting for Eighty-Six's next batch of episodes.

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday... to you... Ha... ppy... Birth... day... to...

shoz999

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War has started english dubbed now as well. I'm going to really miss this franchise once it finally ends. I really am. I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts. I can't wait to see how all of this ends. :D
Bleach Fans: Should we tell him? About the new hell arc?

The Mega Champion

With Dragon Pilot finished I began watching the other Netflix anime that has a similar episode count this past Friday. Godzilla Singular Point or Godzilla S.P. for short.

I've only seen one episode so I can't say anything too much yet. But at least it seems interesting enough?