• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime are you watching thread 2.0 ~ Now with more upcoming weeaboo nonsense.

The Mega Champion

Trigun Stampede has apparently started english dubbed and I've already caught up with current dubbed episodes. I can't really say much so far. Not sure how it compares to the original... but it is a little unfair to compare it to the original. I'd say it's okay so far. I also don't know if it more closely follows the manga or not.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Once again surprised how many isekai started/continued this season and imo there were already to many of them in the last season. But well... here are a couple of isekais I think were okay-ish/decent in their first three episodes:

-First a continuation: By the grace of gods 2 is still wholesome but very SOL focused so it can still feel very slow sometimes.
-Saving 80000 in another world has an interesting concept but the pacing is a bit meh-ish.
-Campfire Cooking also has an interesting concept of food having a greater impact to the people. It's not exactly Food Wars x Isekai like people tend to say though.

By no means on the same quality level as lets say Mushoko Tensei, but these were the ones I'll continuing watching sooner or later.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Several episodes into the first season of Sangatsu no Lion and it's shaping up to be another Shaft classic. Show is generally very easy on the eyes and ears.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah 3-Gatsu is a great show though not my personal favourite. Definitely one of the very best if not the best Shaft work.

I aspire to rewatch it someday if I do recover enough to be able to return to anime someday.

SatoSereFan224888

I’ve watched the dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! Sevens. It’s good but I feel VRAINS had a better story. Sevens is a bit too cartoony, but not as much as Zexal. Zexal is by far my least favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I kind of fell behind on watching Spy x Family and Witch from Mercury. I really need to catch up on those.

My local library system actually has an anime selection, so I’ve been browsing that.

I was going to watch A Certain Scientific Railgun. The premise seemed interesting, but I got 10 minutes in and “noped” that right back to the library. It was…uh…problematic.

I also have “The Sacred Blacksmith,” which also seems interesting and might be something I can mine for D&D/Pathfinder TTRPG ideas.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The Sacred Blacksmith
I bought the "Justice of Light" (the opening theme) on iTunes Japan simply because Mayumi Gojo's done it and the song itself is quite a banger. I lost count of how many times I've listened to it.

Yet, I've never watched the show lol

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Well this season is pretty mediocre. Watched the first two episodes of a lot new anime and the most of them are okay/decent but there's no outstanding one I develop a desire for more episodes.

Expectable since the Winter seasons usually aren't that spectacular but still.

The Mega Champion

I started Junji Ito Maniac this week. I've only seen one ep so I can't really judge it yet obviously. Right now though... I'd say it's more 'weird' than 'scary'

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Just started G-Witch, I'm on episode 6 now. Really excited for what this has to offer, and it gives me an excuse to buy more model kits.

YelST

Mitsuha Yamano Fan Account
I've not found too much to watch this season, Urusei Yatsura and Pokémon continuing as always, and only picked up Tomo-chan and Saving 80,000 Gold. Urusei Yatsura has spiked in quality in cour 2, Tomo-chan has finally found its feet and Saving 80,000 Gold has gone under the radar as an exceptional anime.

Movie-wise this season I travelled to see Kaguya-sama and SAO Progressive. Kaguya was excellent and had real payoff and SAO Progressive was how you effectively adapt a light novel. All 3 original SAO movies are really good to be fair.

I've taken the time to go back and rewatch the Rebuild of Evangelion movies and End of Evangelion. They're not as good as especially the final 6 episodes but show real quality throughout. 3.33 is a contender for me for worst written anime movie of all time, when Anno gets it wrong he gets it wrong.

Before the new season starts I want to get FLCL and Gunbuster watched and maybe finish Cowboy Bebop. I also need to get onto Rising of the Shield Hero. There's still plenty to watch even if it isn't from this all around disappointment of a season. Maybe there's other anime I can pick up, I'm always open to trying new ones.

The Mega Champion

The Nier Automata anime finally started in english dub so I started watching it obviously. Honestly... it's pretty great so far. I know it's only one episode but still. I feel like it's doing a great job covering the game so far. In fact... they even covered one of the 'parody' endings during the ending/preview lol. I also really like how the anime is acting like it's still a video game. It really is great and I'm loving it so far. I hope it keeps this up.

Morax

King of heroes
The Nier Automata anime finally started in english dub so I started watching it obviously. Honestly... it's pretty great so far. I know it's only one episode but still. I feel like it's doing a great job covering the game so far. In fact... they even covered one of the 'parody' endings during the ending/preview lol. I also really like how the anime is acting like it's still a video game. It really is great and I'm loving it so far. I hope it keeps this up.
Tbh I don't think it's a good adaptation. The game is still the best way to experience the story and Yoko taro's brilliance

The Mega Champion

Dr. Stone S3 has officially started dubbed. Yep. It has. Pretty fast honestly. Works out great for me though. Make sure you watch the one-hour-ish 'Ryusui' special as it takes place between S2 and S3 and is important. I already did luckily. Either way... can't wait to see where this anime goes. But it's doubtful it can match that last season. Oh well I guess.

Welp, Pokemon Horizons has got me into another "anime mood"

I, of course, don't know what to watch for similar reasons before

and I think I realize I have been a bit hypocritical about something...

Also, I'm not worried about whether it is a historical anime or not, I like other genres like fantasy, sci-fi, and time travel (which is probably not a "genre")