• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime series are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayindree

Deviously deviant
It's not a "season", it's a series. A series that has nothing to do with the Duel Monsters series. Nor is it called "The Shadow Games" (why do I feel the redundancy of calling it that when all the other series, outside of the cash-in spinoffs which I've barely watched, focuses on the Games of Darkness as well?).

It /is/ called The Shadow Games because that's what it's more based around, that's what everywhere I've seen calls it at least, and it does have to do with the Duel Monster series since it's based off the first few mangas.

Also, it /is/ still a season, just the very 'first' one. =w=

If you've seen the uncut anime for the first few episodes, you'll see that some parts are the same for the first few or so episodes. They just cut out Miho-chan. >.>

Last edited:

ankokuryu

EpiC PhAiL
Ongoing series I'm currently watching are as follows
-Allison and Lillia
-Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
-Code Geass R2: Lelouch of the Rebellion
-Zero no Tsukaima: Princesses no Rondo

This season's series aren't much, like I've said before. R2 has it's good episodes from time to time, but the plot is becoming convulted with each passing week. I'm quite glad that it's nearing its end. Hopefully Sunrise won't make the god awful mistake of making Code Geass R3. Seriously, if they make it... *shudders* Anyway, next season should be somewhat better, with a line up of series such as Toradora! and Gundam 00: Second Season. Just don't screw up Gundam anymore - Sunrise, I'm begging you.

Other than those, I'm currently watching the following series
-Noein ~To Your Other Self~
-Crystal Blaze

Noein is an interesting series, to say the least. However Crystal Blaze is just... horrible. Flat, annoying characters and an over-done boring plot. Not to mention
MAIN FEMALE LEAD HAS MEMORY LOSS NO WAI
Eh. What more can I say.

Monksea

Twinleafshipping!
Mermaid Melody Pichhi Pichi Pitch and Saintail i watch them on youtube though i also watch Yugio and Yugioh Gx

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
It /is/ called The Shadow Games because that's what it's more based around, that's what everywhere I've seen calls it at least, and it does have to do with the Duel Monster series since it's based off the first few mangas.
It's a FAN name. If you've been paying attention to the manga, the WHOLE FRANCHISE aside from the spinoffs are heavily centered around Games of Darkness.

[IMG139]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7337/yugiohtoeilogooc0.gif[/IMG139]

Do you SEE the kana for "yami no game" in there? No? k.

Way to completely ignore what I just said. Just because it has the same source material, DOES NOT mean that they're related to each other aside from that fact. According to your logic, then all those movies based off the story of Cinderella are sequels of one another. Which they're not.

It's incredible how so many people lack the common sense NOT to see how unrelated they are. Kaiba suddenly got brown hair, Dark Bakura is somehow completely forgotten, Anzu inaccurately remembers how Yuugi saved her (perverted camera dude? wtf?), and Shadi and Yuugi go through deja vu in Duelist Kingdom. Makes total sense. Oh, right. IT SHOWS THE BEGINNING! Doesn't make a difference, actually. The way the Duel Monsters anime was adapted rendered those events USELESS.

Also, it /is/ still a season, just the very 'first' one. =w=
If it was a damn season, do you think they had a good reason to reset the episode count? And replay events that already happened? No? kk.

If you've seen the uncut anime for the first few episodes, you'll see that some parts are the same for the first few or so episodes. They just cut out Miho-chan. >.>
Which is proof enough that it takes place in a different ****ing universe. ;/

This is like saying all the Tenchi Muyo! anime are individual seasons. Or the Kanon 2002 series (coincidentally, also made by Toei) and Kanon 2006 series made by Kyoto Animation, even. Totally a NO.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I saw the first episode of Soul Eater because I was bored. Twas good.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I watched the third volume of Haibane Renmei again. Picked up on some more stuff.
[SPOIL]On that website Hellkorn gave me, it said that it's important that Reki smokes, because fire can represent burning away the past. Which is something that Reki tries to do. If that's true, her name might have more signifigance, because it can mean "history" if written with a different kanji. Also, that site said that the scene where Rakka gets her wings is parallel to birth. The scene after the well was very similar to that one, and that's important because it symbolizes rebirth. Actually, the first scene wouldn't really have to be directly related to birth for that to be so... but I think it is. Oh, and I was wondering if there were some Buddhist themes in there. There are lots of references to circles and cycles, and the Haibane Renmei mentioned "breaking the sin cycle." That sounds akin to breaking the cycle of reincarnation to me.[/SPOIL]

Ayindree

Deviously deviant
It's a FAN name. If you've been paying attention to the manga, the WHOLE FRANCHISE aside from the spinoffs are heavily centered around Games of Darkness.

[IMG139]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7337/yugiohtoeilogooc0.gif[/IMG139]

Do you SEE the kana for "yami no game" in there? No? k.

Way to completely ignore what I just said. Just because it has the same source material, DOES NOT mean that they're related to each other aside from that fact. According to your logic, then all those movies based off the story of Cinderella are sequels of one another. Which they're not.

It's incredible how so many people lack the common sense NOT to see how unrelated they are. Kaiba suddenly got brown hair, Dark Bakura is somehow completely forgotten, Anzu inaccurately remembers how Yuugi saved her (perverted camera dude? wtf?), and Shadi and Yuugi go through deja vu in Duelist Kingdom. Makes total sense. Oh, right. IT SHOWS THE BEGINNING! Doesn't make a difference, actually. The way the Duel Monsters anime was adapted rendered those events USELESS.

If it was a damn season, do you think they had a good reason to reset the episode count? And replay events that already happened? No? kk.

Which is proof enough that it takes place in a different ****ing universe. ;/

This is like saying all the Tenchi Muyo! anime are individual seasons. Or the Kanon 2002 series (coincidentally, also made by Toei) and Kanon 2006 series made by Kyoto Animation, even. Totally a NO.

Look who cares really anyway?

You didn't need to make such a big deal about it. =w=

To me, it's still related partially, and it's still season '0'

Okay? So just end of story already. It was just a simple post. >.>

Anyway, I've stopped watching it again and started to watch Matantei Loki Ragnarok again. <3

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Look who cares really anyway?

Using the wrong term repeatedly just gets incredibly irritating.

You didn't need to make such a big deal about it. =w=

You chose to pursue the matter further.

To me, it's still related partially, and it's still season '0'

Why can't we just call it Yu-Gi-Oh! The Pilot Series and be done with it already? The term Season Zero (they're called series in Japan; considering you called a character "Miho-chan", I think you'd have done your research) implies it's a prequel, but it isn't; it's a different continuity. Does the fact that Kaiba has green hair one series then dark brown in the next not suggest this at all to you?

And calling it The Shadow Games and using "Well, it revolves around Shadow Games so we'll call it The Shadow Games!" to justify it is ridiculous. The Duelist Kingdom arc has Shadow Games. The Battle City arc has Shadow Games. The Millennium World arc has Shadow Games. If we apply that logic, why don't we just call the whole series Kage no Kaado Gemu (Card Game of the Shadows) or something to that effect?

Okay? So just end of story already. It was just a simple post. >.>

You were unlucky to call it The Shadow Games. I didn't even peg Satoshi as a Yu-Gi-Oh! fan. Basically, you just posted the wrong thing unintentionally, which is easily forgivable.

On a trip to London, I decided to pick up a copy of Texhnolyze. It more than lives up to the praise that it's been given. Considering Ichise expresses his emotions through body language rather than dialogue, and I had recently seen WALL-E, I've got a real like of silent film moments. As I have an interest in acting, stuff like this can only be a good thing if I take that career further. The only thing I regret is that I didn't have enough money to buy all the DVDs there.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Picked the first DVD up as well; love Kyon's sardonic commentary and the voices in both versions fit the characters. Mikuru is just too much of a moe stereotype to be convincing as a character, but Stephanie Sheh matches her original voice excellently. It's overrated, but it's good fun.

Should probably get into Soul Eater at some point. Reminds me of The World Ends With You. And I like that game.

Last edited:

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Well I finished Death Note yesterday, so now I'm onto Fullmetal Alchemist. So far it's very good. Much different to Death Note though (other than that plot that is lol).

I'm starting to get into this Anime stuff ;)

Asrialys

I just finished watching Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki OVA 3. I was actually quite excited under the belief that we'd find out who Tenchi picked. After the first episode, I came to the unfortunate realization. In the end, I was somewhat disappointed in the story. There were just too many questions, and the conflict in the second volume was just confusing. Fortunately, the character profiles on Wikipedia were pretty helpful. Also, perhaps I should have watched GXP first to understand a few references here and there. Then again, that series is supposed to be a sequel. The final episode, episode 7, sort of redeemed the show for me because it was just too funny. I was laughing most of the episode, especially when learning about Tenchi's mother.

I wish there was some continuation to the story. Not for who Tenchi picks, but to see more of how all the characters are connected. And I especially want to learn about Misaki's future fate of being something terribly powerful. Aw, I want to real those (unfortunately untranslated) novels...

Last edited:
I currently watch:

FullMetal Alchemist
I came to episode 17 on two days! Its that awesome =O

Mimori Kiryu

X, Rahxephon, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, BLEACH, Moribito and the infamous Naruto.

CG keeps getting more interesting - Saturday's cliffhanger really made me and my friend a little p*ssed off. D: I must know what happens!

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
About to watch Love Hina Again. Not that great anime.

SapphireSwampert

Worldend Dominator
After watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, I started watching Azumanga Daioh, thanks to a certain someone''s signature. >,>
But, still, I can't decide if it's better than Lucky Star...
Also thinking about resuming with Elfen Lied, since I stopped it after the first episode, but does anyone have any recommendations? I'm rather leniant on Anime, so anything is pretty much fine. ;D

ChloboShoka

Writer
I'm stil watching Vampire Princess Miyu, I still adore the show and still find it interesting. I am also watching Azumanga Diaoh, which I love as well, I think Chiyo is awesome.

Fruit baskets is also quite good as well.

I'm gonna try and watch bleach soon, the rest of death note and then try and watch KnM and Claymore.

Claymore's manga really pulled me in, so I hope the anime will be just as good.

lunar legend tsukihime - I have volume one at home, I watched some of the rest, I think it is very good. It is based on the game melty blood. The characters are very good and the main character Shiko Tohno, is very interesting. I also had sympathy for him.

I've been looking on a few yuri anime as well. I need to research some yaoi ones as well, I've looked up a few clips on Joujou romantica (apologies if I misspelt that.).

I'm putting some research on this quite raunchy anime named Yuri koko

Very interesting and very cute and sexy anime characters as well.

Spookz

Lumos
Claymore's manga really pulled me in, so I hope the anime will be just as good.
I haven't read the manga, but I watched the anime this summer. It's a good series over all; the last few episodes aren't very satisfactory though.

Status
Not open for further replies.