• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime series are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelesti

dancing queen
I'm watching Clannad.

I'm on episode eleven; during episodes eight and nine I cried 'til I couldn't cry anymore. The animé is really amazing and I love all the characters, they're really unique. xD

starrywater777

OK, I have one or two more episodes of VK, but I decided to watch an anime called Mai-Hime. I onlyu saw episode one, which was really funny. This anime may sound girly, but it contains bloody violence. I really liked it so far. After I'm finished with vampire knight, I'm going to continue watching Mai Hime

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Hellsing Ultimate IV - This may just be me, but I found the end of the battle between Alucard and Rip van Winkle far more painful to witness than in the manga. Maybe it was Rip's simpering expression or her cries of terror, or the fact Der Freischütz was playing in the background (then again, the whole fight is basically one big reference to it), though I think it's the third: reminded me of A Clockwork Orange.

This is the original version of course; the dub isn't too far away, although Kari Wahlgren does sound excellent from what I've (quite literally) heard.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Finished Nodame for the second time. That anime really has a lot of heart. It's funny and sweet, and has great music besides. I think I'm going to get one of the soundtracks soon... it's a nice collection of classical. All my classical CDs only have one composer apiece. Anyway, I really wish someone would license Nodame here, but it's never going to happen. Not mainstream enough. I'm thinking of getting the Chinese version since it's cheap and has English subtitles... but I don't know how good the subtitles are. But there's no way I can afford the Japanese version. The inflation in Japan makes DVDs there so expensive...

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I'm currently catching up on Naruto Shippuuden and One Piece, after being busy for quite a while, and then only watching Neon Genesis Evangelion for quite a while.

I decided to skip the entire "Sora Arc" of Shippuuden due to limits in my schedule and the fact that the arc was boring as hell. Now that the new arc is back on track with the main storyline, I'll be watching it again.

Miguel Gale

I watched quite a bit over the summer and I plan on rewatching a few soon.

Right now, I'm watching Gurren Lagann (as it comes on Sci-Fi.) It makes my Monday nights delightful.

I really want to rewatch CLANNAD, considering a new series is set to come out next month. It's that or rewatching Azumanga Daioh in Japanese (I saw the English version.) Either way, it's drama or entertainment. :/

ForeverFlame

I'm patiently waiting for Season 2 of Vampire Knight to come out in a couple of weeks... Can't wait for that one! I hope that they Anime isn't just 26 episodes, though. Why do all of the good Anime have to be short, and the bad ones have 150+ episodes?

Though VK has animation issues, I would consider it good just because of the manga. Without the manga, my expectations for VK would be low. :p

absoluteSoul

Yeah, 421 combos!
Honey & Clover. Actually, I'm just rewatching it. It has to be one of the most amazing anime I've seen so far.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I've finished Death Note as an anime yesterday, and I'm just re-watching it, especially at the parts I did not understand or catch the first time. Still wondering if I should even bother with the dub (I've gone through the Japanese w/ fan subtitles).

I just found out that Kirby: Right Back At 'Ya! shows in Canada, so I might be watching that.

I'm also watching Lucky Star. I love it. So random, it's awsome. ^-^

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I've been watching something called Mahou Shojo Tai Arisu. The episodes are all about nine minutes long, which is nice since you don't have to make a time committment. It has really nice animation, and I like the characters pretty well. Nice atmosphere to it. It's kind of... trippy. Which isn't really a bad thing.

Rave

Banned
As of today, I finally finished Haibane Renmei. (finally)

I personally liked it alot better than NeiA Under 7.

Like NeiA, it started to get good around the half way point, since it pretty much introduces you to the society and the characters at the time, and then finally begins to get into the nitty gritty around the halfway point. It was interesting to say the least. Its not like anything you'd usually see in anything else really. Also has a really great plot twist that makes it worth watching. Simply put, give it a watch, its definitely worth the time.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Ah, I really loved that one, too. I started Lain, but I don't know. It's a little too confusing for my tastes. I know what's going on, it just jumps around a lot. I think it should have started out relatively normal and gotten progressively weirder. But I do love all that stuff about subjective reality and collective consciousness and all that.

Oh, I also watched the first episode of Time of Eve, which is by the same people who did Pale Cacoon. It was really good. The animation and music were excellent, and the story was very interesting. It's a little like Chobits, only better and more maturely handled. Oh, and I watched one of their other works, Aquatic Language. It was odd. I picked up on some things, but I couldn't quite put them all together. Also still watching Mahou Shojo Tai Arusu. It continues to be strange.

Spookz

Lumos
This is the original version of course; the dub isn't too far away, although Kari Wahlgren does sound excellent from what I've (quite literally) heard.
It's out now- though I've yet to see the dub, I'm pretty broke at the moment. I hear the English dub of the Alucard and Rip scene isn't a good, but I don't know first hand.
I'm pleased with all of the voice actors for Hellsing so far. We'll see how they do with the new characters..

Still working on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, just over half way through now.

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Well, I finished Mahou Shojo Tai Arusu. It turned into all that crap about the power of love and friendship. Geez. I especially hate it when they're against fighting to defend yourself and others. I mean, sometimes there's no other choice. Letting bad things happen to yourself and others because you don't want to fight is just as bad as hurting an opponent. Geez. That's why I get so sick of miraculous endings. It's completely unrealistic. Oh, well. The animation was cool, and the plot was pretty interesting. It was mostly the end that was anti-climactic.

HoennMaster

This thread makes me sad. I really don't know many animes outside of the "big" ones like DBZ, Sailor Moon, Fruits Basket, Naruto, Pokémon, Digimon, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.