• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime series are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC

sleep researcher
Currently watching Eden of the East and Shangri-La. I'm thinking about picking up Ristorante Paradiso and Guin Saga. As for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, I'm watching it, but it's getting boring somehow.

EDIT: Oh and Basquash! Wholeheartedly recommend it.

Last edited:

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
Code Geass (almost done), .hack//Legend of the Twilight (almost done), Death Note, & Blood+ (almost done). Gonna be starting two new anime once I finish Code Geass & Blood+. Gonna finish the .hack// series once I finish Legend of the Twilight.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Watched Bleach x2, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, and Death Note last night.

I'm just glad that new CG: LotR R2 episode is back. I just watched DN just for the heck of it since I've already watched it before.

Also watched Ah My Buddha: Vol.2 - The Two Uncovered Paths I got yesterday. Has plently of humor in it, but not good enough to watch it anyway. :/

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
Finally, no more giant "BUNNIEBARE!!!!" chimera Tucker and the soulless dolls and all that shit. How many episodes are out, again?

1st was a mission, 2nd was the failed human transmutation and the test, 3rd was Lior, and 4th was the Tucker / Nina episode, IIRC. That's it so far for my country. Man, waiting for one new episode every Friday is kinda a drag. Ah well, it'll cheer me up at the end of the week once school starts.

EspadaL

Bleach ;D
Its on The Best Arc :D

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Rumbling Hearts.....
it was on my local anime channel but I never got around to watch it..

I'm watching it from other sources now....

Palamon

Silence is Purple
1. Inuyasha
2. Bleach
3. Mew mew Power (On youtube.)
My favorite one of all three of these is definitively bleach.
Mew mew power is okay but its for younger children.

Lior is the one where they meet the fake prophet dude with a ring containing a crappy stone, right? I'll have to catch up on that sometime, but as always I'm either too lazy or too busy, so I'll catch up in summertime when a good 10 or so episodes will be out. Gonna be a big waste of time considering I have read the manga to well around the 21st volume already, but at least it'll give me a good excuse to kill time without just goofin' around. Or not...

Mimori Kiryu

Lemme think...

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - I've seen up to episode three, so I need to catch up on FUNimation's video portal. I like the pacing of these episodes better and the art was hard to get used to, but I've seen past that now. It's almost like a new series.

Skip Beat! - I bought the manga recently and realized that the anime series was on Crunchyroll legally, so I checked it out. OMG, it makes the series so much better. Miyano Mamoru plays his role as Sho Fuwa AMAZINGLY. Sho is like the mix of Tamaki, Light and Zero into one body. LOL. Then again, I'm a Miyano fangirl, so maybe only I see it. The series has better pacing and it's seems more catchy.

Jyu-Oh-Sei - I went back and watched this series over again and I love it even more. This series has so much to poor into just eleven episodes; it's worth the ride over and over again. Still...the ending bugs me. I want something more, though I know I'll never get it.

xxxHOLiC - Something kept telling me to watch this series. I own and watched all of Tsubasa, so when my friend told me she bought this series, I asked her to borrow it. OMFG, I can't believe what I've been missing! This series is so cute; Watanuki has easily climbed the ranks of my favorite male anime characters. He's so...amazing. The series has an interesting flow; the theme is so catchy too. The second ending is one of my favorite songs I've heard in Japanese.

Get Backers - I rewatched this series again and all I can really say is that I want another season. I think this story is a little different from the manga, but I dun care. I want more. :<

Code Geass R2 - I'm so glad that [adult swim] finally aired new episodes of this series. Albeit, it was only one, but a good one. Lelouch has proven to me again how different he is compared to other characters who have a "power" like his (Mostly Light Yagami since I have a fangirl living near me who won't shut up about how Lelouch and Light are exactly the same. I want to push her off a cliff. :<)

Yeah, I'm probably watching more but that's all I remember.

degausser

In the Cookie Jar
Still watching Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya after god knows how long. It's pretty awesome I just don't have the time to watch it. Really funny despite watching it is a bit of a pain since the order is crazy.

Has it ever been anything but boring? The only riot it's ever spawned would be how badly the author relies on strapping ridiculously large breasts on every female character or antagonist in the fucking series and distributing skank images of them in every other chapter and its second cousin, and the rest is just pure garbage that doesn't even merit that crappy letter Akira sent to Kubo to get his gig going, period.

gymleadermya19

place: saphire city
watching saikano almost done with it though i am on volume 3 of the dvds (only 4 in the series)

At suggestion of my brother, I'm going to be watching Eden of the East and/or Shangri-La soon. I hear good things about K-ON!, but I suspect it's just fangirling. Is it really any good?

wcgold

I'm currently watching Casshern Sins.

I hear good things about K-ON!, but I suspect it's just fangirling. Is it really any good?
Some people don't like K-On! because of its really slow pace (ie. the first four episodes was hardly related to music, despite being an anime about music). But the 5th episode was at least worth a damn, so I think the pace will pick up.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - God, I love FUNimation. Legally streaming anime for free and it doesn't matter what country you're in.

Moving on; I'm watching episode 3 and I can't help but mouth the dub script at times. I've gotten used to the art style but...I dunno, it feels a bit rushed. Although I guess it's comparative; the Tucker arc was done in one chapter, so it feels a bit weird having it done so quickly.

Bleach - I really like the dub voices of Shinji and Ulquiorra. Shinji is voiced by Roger C. Smith, who I only know as voicing moody gits like Guilford and Chris Valentine; good to see him playing against type, as he does a light-hearted character extremely well. Also, I was NOT expecting Tony Oliver as Ulquiorra but...damn, it's great. It's slightly higher pitched than Namikawa, but it's very sinister, which is very appropriate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.