• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime series are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
In case you didn't know, volume 4 comes out tomorrow.

Yes, I'm pretty well aware of this. Negima! Vol.6 (DVD) also comes out tomorrow.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
This is the stuff from Japan that I'm watching right now. And they're all awesome!

Onegai My Melody

Yes, I'm not kidding. I went into the thing expecting some little childrens' Hello Kitty spinoff that I'd watch once. But instead, OMM is an anime so twisted at times that Naota from FLCL would pull them aside and tell them to get a grip (and I don't say that lightly). Let's put it this way. In the first episode, the girl's violin tries to EAT her! And I believe that they accidentally destroy the world in another episode. Even stranger yet, this anime's really fun to watch.

Otogi Jushi Akazukin

I don't know what it is, but there's something about bizarro Disney worlds that's just appealing. Seeing Cinderella as the main enemy is just so new and refreshing for some reason.

Boukenger

Live action, but it's Japanese-made. You'll know this one as Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive. But this is the strangest Sentai I've ever seen. There's still five of them, with a sixth one getting added later. But come on! The robot uses a pickaxe and shovel as its main weapons! That's one of the most original thing's I've seen Sentai do in recent years! I won't say much about the villains, since they'll probably be changed in the US version, but if you get a chance see the Japanese version. Not as much CG in this one either (thankfully), and it's used well where it is.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon

Live action Sailor Moon! Nonbelievers, beware. Watch one episode of this and you'll be hooked. Though the show looks cheesy on the outside, the plot's probably one of the best I've come across in awhile. Even if you've seen the Anime, it keeps you guessing. And yes, it's quite different from the Anime. Oh yeah, did I mention they did a live performance too? (really good music, and it gets really funny when Jadeite, Nephrite and Kunzite get in on the action) Now I gotta go. Beryl's flirting with the four knights again.

Madan Senki Ryukendo

This is another Sentai-like show from Japan, but with a bit of a more serious edge to it. Also, they've done away with giant robots in this, which is actually a good thing here since they get a new attack in practically every episode. Some of the attacks will make your jaw drop.

Last edited:

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
Only seen the first episode but it seems interesting enough with all the fighting with a mecha body part thing.

Soukou no Strain
Really liking this series. I'm interested to know how Emily the doll and the girl are related and how Sara gets her brother back/killed. It sucks that everyone that starts to like Sara get killed so quickly though.

Le Chevalier D'Eon
I don't think I need to say anything about this. :p

Rockman.EXE Stream and Beast
I'm a little apprehensive on how Beast will play out but it seems good so far. Stream also looks good at the moment even with all the Cross Fusion abuse. Totally can't wait to see Dark Rockman and more of Forte.

Detective Conan
Follows the manga very closely and even the fillers are awesome. Not much else to say on this one.

Ryusei no Rockman
It's going great so far; the fights are pretty much made of awesome even if the new way they do it take some getting used too. A bit more serious then .EXE was and the combining to be actually Rockman is not so bad. It also seems not everything is run by the net now like how it was on .EXE.

Shounen Onmyouji
The show's setting is early Japan, I say it's a little bit before the Mejin era; sort of like R. Kenshin. This show like to give only the vaguest details despite playing like a average shounen show. Very interested on how it'll play out since it's beginning to be one those 'find and kill a monster every episode' type of shows.

Eyeshield 21
Blah, American football. I waiting for them to hurry up and get the Christmas Bowl so we can see more action.

Red Garden
Very confusing show, I don't know if there's even a good guy and bad guy anymore. I wish we could see more the girl's kicking butt action instead of them crying, angsting, and talking about the same old thing. But, the idea is very original.

Mimori Kiryu

Current anime series? Okay....

Le Chevalier D'Eon: Been watching this on Youtube and its the best historical anime I've seen to date.

Black Cat: I would be if FYE in the mall would get it in...Youtube works though.

Trinity Blood: I've heard that's its a Hellsing ripoff or the other way around, but I enjoy it. It's almost over though. ;;

Bleach: The dub version is getting better and better.

Eureka Seven: I LOVE THIS SERIES. Current #1 favorite right now. :3

Tadah.

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
This is the stuff from Japan that I'm watching right now. And they're all awesome!

Onegai My Melody

Yes, I'm not kidding. I went into the thing expecting some little childrens' Hello Kitty spinoff that I'd watch once. But instead, OMM is an anime so twisted at times that Naota from FLCL would pull them aside and tell them to get a grip (and I don't say that lightly). Let's put it this way. In the first episode, the girl's violin tries to EAT her! And I believe that they accidentally destroy the world in another episode. Even stranger yet, this anime's really fun to watch.

Otogi Jushi Akazukin

I don't know what it is, but there's something about bizarro Disney worlds that's just appealing. Seeing Cinderella as the main enemy is just so new and refreshing for some reason.

Boukenger

Live action, but it's Japanese-made. You'll know this one as Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive. But this is the strangest Sentai I've ever seen. There's still five of them, with a sixth one getting added later. But come on! The robot uses a pickaxe and shovel as its main weapons! That's one of the most original thing's I've seen Sentai do in recent years! I won't say much about the villains, since they'll probably be changed in the US version, but if you get a chance see the Japanese version. Not as much CG in this one either (thankfully), and it's used well where it is.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon

Live action Sailor Moon! Nonbelievers, beware. Watch one episode of this and you'll be hooked. Though the show looks cheesy on the outside, the plot's probably one of the best I've come across in awhile. Even if you've seen the Anime, it keeps you guessing. And yes, it's quite different from the Anime. Oh yeah, did I mention they did a live performance too? (really good music, and it gets really funny when Jadeite, Nephrite and Kunzite get in on the action) Now I gotta go. Beryl's flirting with the four knights again.

Madan Senki Ryukendo

This is another Sentai-like show from Japan, but with a bit of a more serious edge to it. Also, they've done away with giant robots in this, which is actually a good thing here since they get a new attack in practically every episode. Some of the attacks will make your jaw drop.

Boukenger was eh for me.

The only great thing was El' Rockin' Guitar Blue and the henshin scenes where they slide phones on metal and **** like a Teck-Deck.

Oh, and Black's teeth were hilarious.

Makes the English teeth look awesome.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Red Garden
Very confusing show, I don't know if there's even a good guy and bad guy anymore. I wish we could see more the girl's kicking butt action instead of them crying, angsting, and talking about the same old thing. But, the idea is very original.

Gantz did a better job with it from what I saw of both series... Ironically, Gonzo animated that as well.

I dropped Red Garden at about episode nine. The fact that the animators at Gonzo believed all Americans to either be blondes or have dyed their hair purple or white was bugging me, not to mention the inclusion of random singing bits in the already lackluster story.

Gantz did a better job with it from what I saw of both series... Ironically, Gonzo animated that as well.

I dropped Red Garden at about episode nine. The fact that the animators at Gonzo believed all Americans to either be blondes or have dyed their hair purple or white was bugging me, not to mention the inclusion of random singing bits in the already lackluster story.

dude, Japan in general has that general stereotype belief. Notice how majority of the Americans in animes are only blondes. Hardly you see a brunette or even red head and definetly hardly any black haired(unless they are black themselves)

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions

Ugh... The singing bothered me to no end; when I first heard it, it almost killed me. I think all the story really has for it was the confusion and all the questions it brought which if you wanted answers to had the watch it all the way.

And the blondes must be because how everyone and their mom has some type of blonde in their hair; mostly highlights.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Boukenger was eh for me.

The only great thing was El' Rockin' Guitar Blue and the henshin scenes where they slide phones on metal and **** like a Teck-Deck.

Oh, and Black's teeth were hilarious.

Makes the English teeth look awesome.

Yeah, what was up with Black's teeth?

And yes, the scenes where they slide their phones on enemy swords and stuff was awesome.

I just check out a bit on Red Garden seems interesting especially some of the small tibits like showing poster Wicked and other NYC references.
Like Cipher, I'll probably like this as I love looking for NYC stuff since I live near/go there.

Saur

im watching digimon and naruto on youtube

Z_N-Freak

I <3 Samus Aran
One Piece:
Teh lawal humour, but at the moment I am at episode 237 and it is a bit of a sad part. Hopefully it is going to be a happy ending for this part of the story =(

I really like this anime, especially Tony Tony Chopper, a Reindeer with a Blue nose :D He is just so funny when he gets complements. xD

Bleach
My favourite anime and currently I am at episode 113. I still have to watch to epi's but I don't like waiting for one epi every week, so I'll just watch One Piece and wait for Bleach to have several episodes again so I can watch them in a row.

My favourite character is KON (King of Newyork, lol ). He is the most funny ehh.. thing! =x that is in Bleach.

Naruto
And I mean the new season. Though I did not watch them yet, with the same reason I am not watching Bleach now, I think this will be fun to watch just like the origional (non filler) Naruto episodes. =)

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
One Piece:
Teh lawal humour, but at the moment I am at episode 237 and it is a bit of a sad part. Hopefully it is going to be a happy ending for this part of the story =(

I really like this anime, especially Tony Tony Chopper, a Reindeer with a Blue nose :D He is just so funny when he gets complements. xD

Bleach
My favourite anime and currently I am at episode 113. I still have to watch to epi's but I don't like waiting for one epi every week, so I'll just watch One Piece and wait for Bleach to have several episodes again so I can watch them in a row.

My favourite character is KON (King of Newyork, lol ). He is the most funny ehh.. thing! =x that is in Bleach.

Naruto
And I mean the new season. Though I did not watch them yet, with the same reason I am not watching Bleach now, I think this will be fun to watch just like the origional (non filler) Naruto episodes. =)

Shouen Trinity...

Original.

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Kuwabara magically got his sword after stealing a guy's wood.

But he worked for that wood.

And worked to make it very much longer.

Ichigo just needed mother fruckin' Cat Lady to make his bigger. Stupid Ban Kai.

Status
Not open for further replies.