• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime series are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Exiled/

EternallyParadoxical
Just watched the final episode of Death Note...

;;

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Started watching Kage Kara Mamaru! ep.1-2. It was pretty interesting one and it's about the ninja that protect this family for over 400 years. The descendants of the original ninja must protect that family (particular the person a ninja is assigned to) from any kinds of dangers. However that person has no idea that a ninja that she never knew about is her childhood friend she half knew about.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Received the first volume of Phoenix today. Dawn has been enjoyable so far, and I have to say, the animation and soundtrack are excellent.

Rave

Banned
Received the first volume of Phoenix today. Dawn has been enjoyable so far, and I have to say, the animation and soundtrack are excellent.

I always thought you were talking of the manga version this whole time for some odd reason.

I just watch Naruto and One Piece. Used to watch Mar on Toonami Jetstream but tired of it. Also used to watch Zatch Bell until they took that off. And DBZ for a bit but not for too long.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Ghost Hound 12 - The scene with Taro's psychriatrist seeing that... thing... scared the bejeezus out of me.

Slowly starting to come together, with more and more questions being continually raised...

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Boogiepop Phantom Ep. 1 - My friend just shoved this in my face during 2nd period and told me "WATCH THIS. YOU'LL LOVE IT." I love the background music, I've only gotten to 15 minutes into the first episode due to time limits on the computer but this anime is definately interesting.

Stephy

candies!!!11
Finished watching episode 18 of Death Note. xD

IT ROCKS : DDD

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Boogiepop Phantom

Cool.

It's no lain or Texhnolyze, but it's a very satisfying, cerebreal series that's nicely structured, directed (both in the traditional sense, the art, and sound), with a lot of accessible symbolism.

Check out the light novels (Boogiepop Phantom isn't an adapted of them, but fits within their continuity), as well. The first three have been released by Seven Seas in English, with them being re-released later this year, along with two more books in the series.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
It's no lain or Texhnolyze, but it's a very satisfying, cerebreal series that's nicely structured, directed (both in the traditional sense, the art, and sound), with a lot of accessible symbolism.
Hmm, maybe I should ask for the other 3 evolutions.
Check out the light novels (Boogiepop Phantom isn't an adapted of them, but fits within their continuity), as well. The first three have been released by Seven Seas in English, with them being re-released later this year, along with two more books in the series.
:eek: *jots down*

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Watched FLCL (final episode) on Monday night and Kage Kara Mamoru! ep.5-8.

Should've watched Appleseed on SciFi Channel last night. >_> Didn't know that it appeared on that time...

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Finished Phoenix vol. 1 last night. Dawn, while an interesting tale, didn't really interest me that much in the end. The setting certainly didn't help. Resurrection seems much more promising, and I can't wait to finish to it.

Mimori Kiryu

Finished Someday's Dreamers sometime yesterday. It seemed a bit cheesy to me, with it being short and trying to use all the characters.
Yeah, that's the same thing I thought. Is is only me, or do you think that they could've made the anime better if they had used the second season (or series) of the manga since its five manga long instead of just two that they did use?

And as of now, I'm watching Naruto: Shippuuden, Gundam SEED Destiny, Bleach, Naruto, Blood + and Death Note. Whenever I finally get paid, Lain will probably be on this list too.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Watched Naruto Shippuden ep.47 and Memories Off ep.1

In ep.47 of Naruto Shippuden, looks like they're getting closure to where it began in ep.1

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
I've been sick all day, so I've managed to watch:

-Pale Cocoon
-The Girl who Leapt Through Time

They were both awesome. I liked 'The Girl who Leapt Through Time' the most, but Pale Cocoon is such a beautifully done anime.

I think Pale Cocoon has more development in one short OVA than most anime get in a whole season. :X

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Spice and Wolf 06 - Predictable yet very cool for a variety of reasons.

The first novel has been wrapped up, and it looks like the anime will be covering the second one before finishing its 12 episode run.

I've been sick all day, so I've managed to watch:

-Pale Cocoon
-The Girl who Leapt Through Time

There are no words to describe the amount of win this is made of.

They were both awesome. I liked 'The Girl who Leapt Through Time' the most, but Pale Cocoon is such a beautifully done anime.

Same, though both are respectively my top two favorite anime films ever. Sadly only one of them has been licensed for release stateside (Tokikake) but I have the R2 DVD of Pale Cocoon that has English subtitles, so I'm good.

I think Pale Cocoon has more development in one short OVA than most anime get in a whole season. :X

I've been saying that ever since I've watched it. It's really an incredibl work -- probably the best short film that I've seen.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Watched dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX this morning and Naruto, One Piece (Wyler? What the heck?), and DragonballZ on Toonami.

Also watched Memories Off ep.2-3 and subbed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX ep.131 (out of boredom, I guess).

Asrialys

After finishing Kaleido Star (It's over T_T), I decided to start Ultra Maniac. They turned a manga with a magical girl into a magical girl anime. Oh well, I'll see where it goes from there. Personally, I liked how Ayu and Nina met in the manga than how they met in the anime. And I wanted to hear Nina's line about things can always get worse (I laughed so hard when I read that and Ayu's reaction). Hm...maybe they placed it somewhere else in the anime? Hard to determine since there's actually some plot rather than romance trouble.

Yeah, that's the same thing I thought. Is is only me, or do you think that they could've made the anime better if they had used the second season (or series) of the manga since its five manga long instead of just two that they did use?
Sorry for the late reply. Haven't looked in here since my last post. Unfortunately, I have yet to read the manga. I've been planning to.

Surreal

DIRTY HACKERS
Ghost hound episode 6: This series is too good. I'll probably catch up by tonight. It's been a while since I've had this much time on my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.