• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime series are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Judgment

鐘を鳴らして 君を捜すよ
Just finished watching Yume Tsukai and it was pretty good aside from the weird relationships.

Besides Spice and Wolf, Ayakashi also seems to be pretty good for this season...

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
1) Read the manga.

2) There isn't any romance (at least between any members of the crew) in One Piece, though I guess you always have fanfiction.

Eh, I feel to lazy to read the manga. I read so much more manga than anime anyway, and I don't want to add another long series right now. And anyway, my friends tell me that there're definitely strong Luffy/Nami hints. I guess it really depends upon what you call romance, though. All I need are some solid hints. I mean, my favorite ship is Pokeshipping, so I definitely don't mind stuff being subtle.

I know I'm gonna watch Spice and Wolf sometime. It looked very character driven, which is what I like.

Anyway, I'll look into Haibane Renmei some more. Maybe I'll get it if a good price comes up on Amazon. I'd rather get the box set than buy them one at a time. You know me and boxes...

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Eh, I feel to lazy to read the manga. I read so much more manga than anime anyway, and I don't want to add another long series right now. And anyway, my friends tell me that there're definitely strong Luffy/Nami hints. I guess it really depends upon what you call romance, though. All I need are some solid hints. I mean, my favorite ship is Pokeshipping, so I definitely don't mind stuff being subtle.

One Piece is shonen, so don't expect much romance, if any.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
One Piece is shonen, so don't expect much romance, if any.

Lots of shonen has at least hints of romance. Just look at Naruto. And Bleach. And Inu-Yasha. And Rurouni Kenshin. And I'm only really familiar with the latter two. I could go on, but you get the point. Romance is different in shonen, that's true. It's usually more subtle and it's not the focus of the anime. But that doesn't mean it's not there. Actually, I kinda prefer it that way. It usually doesn't get as mushy and melodramatic as in shojo.

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Eh, I feel to lazy to read the manga. I read so much more manga than anime anyway, and I don't want to add another long series right now.

The pacing of shounen anime makes the glaciers look like the Flash. Not to mention those fillers.

Trust me, I think you should check out the manga.

And anyway, my friends tell me that there're definitely strong Luffy/Nami hints. I guess it really depends upon what you call romance, though. All I need are some solid hints.

If you see it that way. OP is too platonic for me to actually fiddle around with relationships and whatnot -- the appeal is the adventure, really.

Basically if I wanted great romance in anime, I'd watch Honey and Clover or The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (WHEN WILL THEY BE RELEASED, DAMMIT!?).

I know I'm gonna watch Spice and Wolf sometime. It looked very character driven, which is what I like.

The main appeal is the dynamic between the two leads. It's really effortlessly done.

Anyway, I'll look into Haibane Renmei some more. Maybe I'll get it if a good price comes up on Amazon. I'd rather get the box set than buy them one at a time. You know me and boxes...

The Haibane box is purdy. Best R1 anime box aside from the Texhnolyze and Patlabor 2 ones.

Not enough.

QFT, and that good jazz.

Chaozaru

Kaiji
Kekkaishi
Hakaba Kitarou
Persona ~Trinity Soul~

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro too, but I kinda gave up on it after Madhouse messed it up five billion times and just check out scenes I'm interested in seeing animated.

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
I finally got around to finishing 'Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne'.

The first season was too fluffy. The second season was more entertaining because the tone became much darker. I enjoyed seeing Maron find out that everything that she had used to define herself was fake.

Animation-wise, I was not impressed. So now I'm on the prowl for something new....(sigh).

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Pokemon DP
Death Note
Yugioh GX
Bleach
Erementar Gerad
One Piece
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Go Go

Last edited:

Asrialys

About to start the final volume of Ultra Maniac. This series has turned out to be quite entertaining, despite not following the manga. There are a few manga parts I miss. Since the manga had less of a focus on magic than the anime, it seemed more dramatic. The anime still does well, regardless, and I still like the characters and direction. Although, I do miss that female character that at first hated Nina from the manga. I think Maya replaced that character to be Nina's rival in the anime. And Yuuta is around less and plays a different role, so I don't know if he'll get his pairing like in the manga. I'll just have to wait and see.

T_T And since my laptop's hard drive crashed and burned (well, not literally), I can no longer use it and play fansubs (home PC pretty useless except for Internet). And all that data is gone. Well, these past two weeks have been fine without it, but I've fallen behind on Shugo Chara, Clannad, and a few others. And Mai-Otome 0~Sifr just started, and I can't wait to see that. But new computer coming next wekk ^_^ Also, I will start backing up my data now :p

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Watched the first episode of Ghost Hound, too early for me to judge it but so far I like it.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Subtle is not the correct word here as it is a positive aspect. Most shonen anime romance are retardedly underdeveloped and are usually inserted there to keep the fans happy.

Maybe and maybe not. In either case, I tend to get most obsessed with ones that focus on friendship with some hints thrown in. Then I have to imagine what should happen for myself. I think that's how it goes with me.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Just watched Naruto, One Piece, and DragonballZ (Man, I like Cell Game!) on Toonami and Death Note and Blood+ on Adult Swim. I didn't get to watch some anime yesterday morning on Kids Box or something, but then again, who cares since they weren't worth watching.

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
Right now I'm watching Spice and Wolf, Gundam 00 (which is turning out to be epic), and H20-Footprints in the Sand. S&W is simply amazing, and H20 has actually turned out decent. As I said, Gundam 00 is getting pretty epic right now, especially since it looks like the spoilers released for the rest of the season are actually true.

I'm on-and-off rewatching Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

HellKorn said:
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (WHEN WILL THEY BE RELEASED, DAMMIT!?).

Oh, and I rewatched that last night too. That might be the only anime item besides Texhnolyze that I've tracked down purely on recommendation, but I agree with HK-- that is a wonderful, wonderful movie. Impossible to find, but definitely worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.