1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What anime series are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé (Hidden)' started by HK, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-GAME

A-GAME Insert Coin(s)

I've currently started watching Death Note. I am still on episode 6 though.
    So far it looks like a truly amazing anime! :)

2. Freya

Freya Noam Chompsky

I am currently re-watching Lucky Star on Episode 13 I believe
    Watching Gintama, on 22
    And I plan to start Potemayo not sure when though...

3. Surreal

Surreal DIRTY HACKERS

It goes down hill later.

I've caught up with Ghost hound.
    I think I'm going to re-watch Pale Cocoon since the first time I was jacked on caffeine and had trouble paying attention.

Anything good that's worth watching out there?

4. firepokemon

firepokemon Fire and Ice

Woah just watched the free download of Megumi. A Japanese government sponsored anime that looks into one girl ie. Megumi who was abducted by the North Koreans. It was interesting, and well I was expecting Japanese language with English subs but it turned out to be an English dub. The dub itself was fine. Although the mother was kinda weird, too sounding like Japanese whereas the other characters didn't really. As for how informative it was, I thought it was quite strange how they did it. At the start we looked at Megumi as she was growing, but when she is abducted, it takes a longer view of these abductions. The dates jump around a lot, which, was a huge surprise. It's also interesting I thought that they would occasionally slip in real life photos, I found when they did that, you knew it was factual. I love anime, I think anime can tell serious stories as in Grave of the Fireflies. But I actually don't think this story being animated was the greatest idea. For me, it just seemed to make it more unreal even though these are factual events and serious at the same time.

Anyway if you're bored and would like to watch something that is free to download and is legal. I would highly recommend this. Particularly if you're into history, Japanese history or something like that. Very glad that I watched it

5. Asrialys

Asrialys Well-Known Member

Just saw the DVD version of the final episode of School Days. Some of the blood looked rather...off...

6. Aqua_Maiden

Aqua_Maiden Queen of the Abyss

If Blue Dragon is a anime. I saw one episode so far and I think it's good.

7. HyperCyber

HyperCyber FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT

hi thar, i herd u liek solja boy?

Anyway, Ghost hound is the only anime that I consistently follow right now.

Open to suggestion, though.

8. HK

HK Radiance of Shadows

Ghost Hound 18-19 - Absolutely sick. The pay-off is coming but without it feeling like the revelations are rushed, and there are some impressive bits of subtle animation here, too. (The enlarging Snark in 18 and Taro's speech to Makoto in 19 are stand-outs.)

Only three more to go; can't wait.

Um, how does this resemble the shoujo-oriented designs at all?

No, from what I've read (and also what Andrew Cunningham has stated; he also thinks the voice is no ****ing fit) that type of tone and acting does. not. match. I don't want a demure fantasy-styled moe voice on helium, I want a strong, relatively realistic voice.

I blame the voice director.

SS is faster and possibly better.

Spice and Wolf is consistent with a few latter episodes due to the director's inexperience at handling remotely serious shows and screwing up the tone, but it's overall good. Bit disappointing considering the hype, but not bad at all.

Denno Coil, on the other hand, didn't even drop the ball -- it pile-drived it through the ****ing center of the Earth. The second half is a contrived, typical mess that while very, very compelling leaves an ending that oozes with such melodrama and retreaded themes I could not believe that the same creator as the utterly brilliant first half could have created it.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, but Denno Coil could have been so much more than what the final package is.

Since you all are watching Ghost Hound, from 2007:

Baccano!
    Mononoke
    Moyashimon
    Shigurui

And anything that you three and anyone else reading this haven't seen from my anime list that is rated a "Masterpiece" or "Excellent" needs to be seen. Now.

9. Asrialys

Haha, just saw the first episode of The Tower of Druaga -the Aegis of URUK-. It's one of Gonzo's shows being subtitled legally, so you can watch it on YouTube. Seriously, it's funny. Well, at least the first episode wasn't taken as seriously.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  10. ~Heaven Help Us~

~Heaven Help Us~ Well-Known Member

rahxephon im in ep 6

11. Asrialys

Watched 5 Centimeters Per Second. Pretty great stuff. Made me feel lonely :p And kudos for Toono for being strong. If I were him, I'd have gone and looked. Ah...reminds me I need to buy the other Shinkai movies.

12. Umi Mizuno

Umi Mizuno ☠ one girl army

Just watched the raw for Itazura na Kiss, it looks pretty good even though I hate all the characters except for Kotoko and that fat girl who makes everything funny. Naoki is a complete ***, I hope he comes back crawling and begging on his knees for Kotoko. With only 13 episodes, I'm guessing they're not going to go further than their high school lives. ><

The last ep of Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei was pretty good. Miku even made an appearance! :O I couldn't really tell if they were using her Vocaloid voice or not, but they probably were. I didn't want this to be the final episode because they did a better job with this season than last season. T_T (I say that because they had an EVA parody this season. Mwahahaha.)

Remind me to never get any anime recommendations from my friend Joseph. I just asked if he had any anime that he'd recommend and he pretty much threw his DVDs of Kodomo no Jikan at me.

13. HK

HK Radiance of Shadows

I've seen the Lilith-referenced screens. Vaguely makes me want to pick it up, even though the first series lost its luster after a few episodes.

He's a lolicon who thinks melodrama is great, right?

14. Ikito

Ikito Well-Known Member

:/ Watching Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn at the moment. Thinking about re-watching FLCL...

15. HyperCyber

HyperCyber FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT

Do it.

Do it.

16. Freya

Freya Noam Chompsky

Its not like time will be Wasted, it should take 3 hours at most.

17. Ikito

Ikito Well-Known Member

Well, seeing as you two think I should. *re-watches FLCL*

I WAS going to watch Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann, but I can't find episodes anywhere on the internet that will load ): *screams*

andandand Still watching BLEACH and Kateikyoushi hitman reborn :\

18. Leomon

Leomon The digital warrior

i am currently looking at digimon frontier, it is a pretty good anime, i will watch episode 29 later today.

19. Luffy must Die!!!

Luffy must Die!!! Well-Known Member

Your an ass

20. That Scary Clefairy

That Scary Clefairy I <3 HK & BF

You're back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.