• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime series are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dia406

Totally not gay!
The animes im currently watching are case closed(my favorite) naruto shippuuden and kudocha

Asrialys

The TV series is much better. That I can tell you. As for Rayearth OVA, what's bad about it? I only saw the Tv series.

I'm curious to know what you didn't enjoy about the Rayearth OVA.

Yes, the character design was slightly different. I personally enjoyed the new, 'Gothic' Umi more than I enjoyed the one in the TV series. The god mecha had improved designs. And Lantis was pretty schmexay too.

Storyline was different. But seriously, would you want to sit through a movie with exactly the same plot as the TV series you had already seen? Personally, I get bored when an OVA is just a shorter reguritation of the TV series. I need some significant differences in it.

Taken on its own, it's one of the more enjoyable OVAs out there. Good action, character design and plot.
Heh...to be honest, I can't really remember why I didn't like it much. It had nothing to do with its difference with the original, as I've only read the first manga series and have yet to see all of the TV series. Can barely remember what happened in the OVA. Maybe I should watch it again...

LittleRedRodeo

Candy Apple Red
Byousoku 5 cm, which my friend sent to me on disc. The animation was gorgeous; this was very beautiful to look at, but it was a sad story. I think I'll have to rewatch it tomorrow or monday to get better thoughts on it.

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
The Japanese R2 DVD DOES NOT have English subtitles.

The only one that does is an R3 release (I believe a Hong Kong release that IS actually official), and of course the upcoming release by Bandai Entertainment/Kadokawa USA.

Given the language options for Cantonese voice and a few types of chinese subtitles in addition to the japanese track, subtitles and english subs, not to mention that it only plays on my computer--I'm betting that's the version I picked up. That, and the region 3 symbol on it.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Byousoku 5 cm, which my friend sent to me on disc. The animation was gorgeous; this was very beautiful to look at, but it was a sad story. I think I'll have to rewatch it tomorrow or monday to get better thoughts on it.

ADV's DVD release is coming out next week.

Given the language options for Cantonese voice and a few types of chinese subtitles in addition to the japanese track, subtitles and english subs, not to mention that it only plays on my computer--I'm betting that's the version I picked up. That, and the region 3 symbol on it.

Check out AnimeOnDVD's forum and compare it to some of the images there. (There was a thread with pictures of the official Hong Kong R3 release.) You do likely have it, but I'd advised just to be completely certain that you do.

Marik Ishtar's Raykazuka

Sky Dragon Blast!
Inuyasha, my cousin told me about it and its a very good series. (what episode does sesshoumaru learn Rins name??)

Rave

Banned
Inuyasha, my cousin told me about it and its a very good series. (what episode does sesshoumaru learn Rins name??)

Too bad its an extremely long winded series that continues to grow so tiring.

Sammi

Banned
Uhm, I'm currently watching CLANNAD. Seems interesting so far; I wonder if it'll still continue to be interesting, though.

Rave

Banned
After finally finding some time for myself, I'm finally watching

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Too bad its an extremely long winded series that continues to grow so tiring.

I know. You know, everyone says it's such a bad series, blah blah blah, but I thought it was pretty good in the beginning. It wasn't the most original thing ever, but I was pretty new to anime, I liked the characters, and it had an interesting love triangle. But it just went on so long. The plot wasn't really going anywhere, and the characters started to get on my nerves because they argued too much. And there was too much emphasis on fighting, especially when the seven... guys showed up. I consider that whole arc a filler. I guess I should still finish it sometime, though, I was only a few episodes away from the end, and that one arc I hated was over.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Ghost Hound 14 - Holy ****ing ****.

Anyone reading this: Put a stop to whatever you're doing and start downloading this series. RIGHT NOW. A.S.A.P.

Best episode of the series so far, even better than the beautifully understated and emotional episode five.

This is compelling, immeasurably well-researched, and cohesive (i.e. not pretentious and actually relevant to the story and themes) in a way I thought not possible for anime. But, as always, Chiaki J. Konaka proves me wrong.

Goddamn I love this show.

Pokemon

I know, not original. It is the only anime I've ever watched

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I know what I'm about to do now. I've been waiting for this.

Episode 15 apparently ratchets up the tension even higher and has the most frightening scene of the series so far.

I am officially in fanboy mode.

buster123

im pretty new to anime atm im watching

tengou tenge
hajime no ippo
pokemon diamond and pearl

DBZ
Pokemon

I want to start watching Bleach soon.

Yeah, not much of an Anime buff. Mainly mainstream stuff. You know, I would be watching Shippuuden, but I lost interest how it took eight damn episodes to get to a fight and then eight damn episodes to finish it.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Currently at episode 10 according to the way the episodes were first presented

Marik Ishtar's Raykazuka

Sky Dragon Blast!
Oh, I watch DP also I used to watch Robotec it got boring when the cast was replaced though.

Status
Not open for further replies.