• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What anime series are you currently watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
I've currently started watching Death Note. I am still on episode 6 though.
So far it looks like a truly amazing anime! :)

Surreal

DIRTY HACKERS
I've currently started watching Death Note. I am still on episode 6 though.
So far it looks like a truly amazing anime! :)

It goes down hill later.

I've caught up with Ghost hound.
I think I'm going to re-watch Pale Cocoon since the first time I was jacked on caffeine and had trouble paying attention.

Anything good that's worth watching out there?

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
Woah just watched the free download of Megumi. A Japanese government sponsored anime that looks into one girl ie. Megumi who was abducted by the North Koreans. It was interesting, and well I was expecting Japanese language with English subs but it turned out to be an English dub. The dub itself was fine. Although the mother was kinda weird, too sounding like Japanese whereas the other characters didn't really. As for how informative it was, I thought it was quite strange how they did it. At the start we looked at Megumi as she was growing, but when she is abducted, it takes a longer view of these abductions. The dates jump around a lot, which, was a huge surprise. It's also interesting I thought that they would occasionally slip in real life photos, I found when they did that, you knew it was factual. I love anime, I think anime can tell serious stories as in Grave of the Fireflies. But I actually don't think this story being animated was the greatest idea. For me, it just seemed to make it more unreal even though these are factual events and serious at the same time.

Anyway if you're bored and would like to watch something that is free to download and is legal. I would highly recommend this. Particularly if you're into history, Japanese history or something like that. Very glad that I watched it

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
If Blue Dragon is a anime. I saw one episode so far and I think it's good.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Ghost Hound 18-19 - Absolutely sick. The pay-off is coming but without it feeling like the revelations are rushed, and there are some impressive bits of subtle animation here, too. (The enlarging Snark in 18 and Taro's speech to Makoto in 19 are stand-outs.)

Only three more to go; can't wait.

They sort of already looked like that...

Um, how does this resemble the shoujo-oriented designs at all?

Her voice is annoying? She's all the things you describe her as, but she also isn't the completely serious type. Her demeanor, from what I've seen in the preview, pretty much matches the voice type.

No, from what I've read (and also what Andrew Cunningham has stated; he also thinks the voice is no ****ing fit) that type of tone and acting does. not. match. I don't want a demure fantasy-styled moe voice on helium, I want a strong, relatively realistic voice.

I blame the voice director.

After stopping around episode 5, I decided to re-download and re-watch Ghost Hound up to the current Genjo episode. They need to hurry up!

SS is faster and possibly better.

I'm currently in the process of 'acquiring' all of Spice and Wolf as well, and I've already got all 26 episodes of Denno Coil waiting for me to marathon.

Spice and Wolf is consistent with a few latter episodes due to the director's inexperience at handling remotely serious shows and screwing up the tone, but it's overall good. Bit disappointing considering the hype, but not bad at all.

Denno Coil, on the other hand, didn't even drop the ball -- it pile-drived it through the ****ing center of the Earth. The second half is a contrived, typical mess that while very, very compelling leaves an ending that oozes with such melodrama and retreaded themes I could not believe that the same creator as the utterly brilliant first half could have created it.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, but Denno Coil could have been so much more than what the final package is.

Anything else from the latest seasons I need to watch?

Anything good that's worth watching out there?

Anyway, Ghost hound is the only anime that I consistently follow right now.

Open to suggestion, though.

Since you all are watching Ghost Hound, from 2007:

Baccano!
Mononoke
Moyashimon
Shigurui

And anything that you three and anyone else reading this haven't seen from my anime list that is rated a "Masterpiece" or "Excellent" needs to be seen. Now.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Just watched the raw for Itazura na Kiss, it looks pretty good even though I hate all the characters except for Kotoko and that fat girl who makes everything funny. Naoki is a complete ***, I hope he comes back crawling and begging on his knees for Kotoko. With only 13 episodes, I'm guessing they're not going to go further than their high school lives. ><

The last ep of Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei was pretty good. Miku even made an appearance! :O I couldn't really tell if they were using her Vocaloid voice or not, but they probably were. I didn't want this to be the final episode because they did a better job with this season than last season. T_T (I say that because they had an EVA parody this season. Mwahahaha.)

Remind me to never get any anime recommendations from my friend Joseph. I just asked if he had any anime that he'd recommend and he pretty much threw his DVDs of Kodomo no Jikan at me.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I didn't want this to be the final episode because they did a better job with this season than last season. T_T (I say that because they had an EVA parody this season. Mwahahaha.)

I've seen the Lilith-referenced screens. Vaguely makes me want to pick it up, even though the first series lost its luster after a few episodes.

Remind me to never get any anime recommendations from my friend Joseph. I just asked if he had any anime that he'd recommend and he pretty much threw his DVDs of Kodomo no Jikan at me.

He's a lolicon who thinks melodrama is great, right?

Ikito

Well, seeing as you two think I should. *re-watches FLCL*

I WAS going to watch Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann, but I can't find episodes anywhere on the internet that will load ): *screams*

andandand Still watching BLEACH and Kateikyoushi hitman reborn :\

Leomon

The digital warrior
i am currently looking at digimon frontier, it is a pretty good anime, i will watch episode 29 later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.