1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Anime Series Would You Recommend to Watch?

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by DanChimchar, Oct 26, 2008.

?

What Anime Should I Watch?

1. Sailor Moon English Dub All Seasons (Last one Fan Dub)

11 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. DragonBall Z and GT English Dub

20 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Naurto English Dub

21 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Other Must Be English Dub

51 vote(s)
    49.5%
  1. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

Oh come on. We're trying to get him to LIKE Anime, not hate it.

I'd say Fullmetal Alchemist would be a good start.

2. many form man

many form man Falcon Punch!!

O RITE, because just because you don't like it, it's terrible.

*leaves topic to prevent further flaming*

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Absolute Beginner

Chris will rip you in two, SBaby.

I'll just break down your post from PokeCommunity. Yeah.

Mr. Fantastic's powers in turn were taken by Elastic Man.

Oh yes, because he's stoic and serious that makes him emo. Give me a friggin' break. And he uses the death of his friend as motivation: he doesn't dwell on it or mope about it, he uses it to keep him going. That sound emo to you, moron?

The 4Kids dub doesn't count. And Usopp's an awesome character: he doesn't have any superpower like the others and is the most human there: he's cowardly, but he always tries.

So Cross Epoch is a lie then, is it? Luffy is basically Goku, minus the Oozaru, and their artwork is cartoony, which is no bad thing. Actually, it's some of the best currently out there.

Fire was also a big help in combatting you as well:

The link, if anybody's interested.

4. Chris

Chris Old Coot

If you're going to talk out of your ***, know what the hell you're talking about. Do you even know who Huckleberry Finn is? Did you even read the books? Clearly you didn't because Luffy's father isn't a drunk, Luffy doesn't just lay around and then join up with someone in adventures (Luffy's generally the one who starts said adventures), Luffy isn't adopted by anyone nor is he rich, etc. You're basing this off of what? Similar hats? Please.

[IMG139]http://i37.*******.com/3161zi9.gif[/IMG139]
    Zoro sure is emo.

Once again, speaking out of ***. They said FUNimation dub, not 4Kids dub.

You did not just confuse Naruto with One Piece.

One Piece follows the same guidelines Toriyama set up with Dragon Ball; meeting new people, going on adventures, beating up bad guys (and monsters), and searching for the world's best treasures.

Hell, just listen to the lyrics of Makafushigi Adventure. One Piece's basic theme fits it quite well.

5. chihaya01

chihaya01 Thank you my prince!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya they have it in eng dub

6. Kipcha

Kipcha Well-Known Member

A really good anime is Fruits Basket, and lucky for you, if you want to watch, on Youtube a person just posted all 26 episodes on Youtube, and if you are going to watch it, I would do it soon. The second Youtube staff finds them, they're gone.

Oh, and a few people on here are recommending Cardcaptor Sakura on here. If you watched it, it really would be better to watch it subbed since they cut out 60% of the story, and completely changed the general audience (No offense to Cardcaptors lovers...) but the dub kinda ruined the show.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  7. The Doctor

The Doctor Absolute Beginner

Or better yet, buy the DVDs.

The second movie had an excellent dub but I see your point. Animax dubbed it into English but it was only shown in South/Southeast Asia.

8. sceptilianmaster

sceptilianmaster Unconstrained

Shakugan no Shana.

... I liked it. The first season at least.

It's only sub though currently (I think?). Youtube's your friend though.

9. shayminboy133

shayminboy133 Wada ya looking at!?

um shaman king english dub

10. UmbreonLord

UmbreonLord 5th Gen OU

Watch naruto and bleach, they're both awesome

11. i hate to say this but with shaman king your better off reading the manga but id have to say bleach or blood plus very good serious they have some dull moments but overall really fun or if you like crime scene investigators or death gods Death Note is a good choice perverbial game of cat and mouse very exciting to watch

12. chihaya01

chihaya01 Thank you my prince!

I also recomend chobits they have dub and sub on youtube

13. Satoshi

Satoshi リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー

It's dubbed AND out on legitimate DVDs.

I wouldn't believe you to be a good source of recommendation for watching anime to begin with, anyway. The fact that you just admitted to watching anime on YouTube really says it all. If you want to be a pirate, do it the smart way, aye matey?

14. sceptilianmaster

sceptilianmaster Unconstrained

Sorry then.

Although I don't really mind. My country is airing it on free-to-air channels and I just wanted to jump ahead :/ Still supporting it.

And I've only watched them subbed, since the channel does that, so wasn't too sure about the dubbed DVDs.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  15. EnteiFirecracker

EnteiFirecracker Destiny Calls

Despite Sailor Moon being one of my favourite Animes, I wouldn't suggest the Dub. Japanese all the way :)

As for what I would suggest, Dragonball/Z/GT!

16. kidpunk

kidpunk I IS NO NEWB.

I would definitely recommend Fooly Cooly.
    There were only 6 episodes, but they will sit in your memory forever. They are funny, dramatic, and just plain stupid at times, but it works. The english dubbing voices are some of the best I have ever heard. It is my favorite anime series by far, and I sadly don't think I will ever see an anime like it.

17. Zero-Wolf

Zero-Wolf Lost my memory....

I have watched animes a lot. Cuz, I am asia. Hehehe... I choose other english dub. But Lucky star DUB won't be coming to US. =( Azu Manga is similar to that like school. xD Adult swim(require blood and violent(only adult).

18. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

I've never met another continent before.

19. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

I fail to see how being "asia" means that you have to be an anime buff :/

20. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Like hell it is. This is Death Note in a nutshell:
    [IMG139]http://i34.*******.com/zxqq02.jpg[/IMG139]

It's not entertaining to watch. It gets stale really quickly. If you want a better investigative anime that actually makes you think about who did it and how they did it, I'd suggest watching Detective Conan/Case Closed instead.

**** no, Z and GT are not best watched in their English dubs. I'd recommend either the original Japanese version or at least the Latin-American dub. Mainly because Z and GT are VERY different from what they've been presented as in America. Especially with music changes, script changes and even character personality changes.