• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What annoys you about the show?

DuskAstral

- While Journeys is intended to promote all regions, most of the action still takes place in Kanto

- Satoshi's Rowlet did not evolve

- no gym trials (as in the manga)

- no characters like Moon, Blaise, Rosa and White
- no variation in appearance for Team Galactic and Team Flare grunts

-Team Aqua headquarters not shown

- Missing Rayquaza during Kyogre's fight with Groudon

- Team Plasma and Team Flare kicked out for last seasons.

- Serena's portrayal of being in love with Satoshi. I think it would be better if she didn't feel anything for him

Last edited:

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
The current show.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
That Goh is getting all the Pokemon that been better suited for Ash, aka Flygon, which Ash was on in one of the movies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think we kinda have threads like these already but whatever
Some early kanto episodes like The Kangaskhan kid, ghost at maiden's peak, etc
Most of his early gym battles
His indigo league loss setup
No GS ball plot conclusion
Fillers in Johto and how underused and underdeveloped Ash and Gary rivalry was
How Mays contests were handled in hoenn
Ash's "rivals" in hoenn and how the hoenn league concluded
MAX as a character
Team Aqua and Magma arc
Ash losing to gary after winning BF
ambipom being wasted
Tobias
Torterra being shafted hard
Dawn losing to Zoey
Ash reset in unova and pikachu losing to snivy, panpour and servine
That Elesa battle
No TR v TP conclusion
Alder's characterisation
Cameron and Trip's league battles
Decolore Islands wasted potential
How underdeveloped his johto and unova team is
Iris having no proper storyline in BW (Lots of dumb decisions around her tbh which sucks coz shes a great character)
Ash vs Roxie
Serena losing her sassiness
Ash being boring in XY
RIP Noivern and Goodra (his return sucked and his main storyline was rushed and conclusion to it bad thanks to TR)
TR in AG, XY and JN
Mega evolution special 4 and Alain's arc from there
No Malamar resolution
Showcases instead of contests
How serena's journey ended and Master class showcase
How Ash-Greninja's story culminated
Kalos league skipping battles and Ash losing
Ash artstyle in SM
How the Ultra Guardians arc wasnt utilised better
Ash vs Hapu and there being no trial beforehand
No UR squad even tho every other SM character was used
Ash vs Hau, Jessie vs James in alola league
Nagandel's return and that entire episode being so convoluted
Goh's goal being executed boringly
TR and the gatchat
Goh getting suicune
PWC being lost potential as is region skipping
Ash focus and his team focus and screentime being horrible

-I think Ash's design could be better
-Misty doing nothing during Johto, I really like her a lot but she should have done more things
-DP Brock
-There should be more ways to participate in a Pokemon league
-Skittysue and Squirtle vs Ariados
-The poor torterra
-Pokegirls are not allowed to earn a gym badge and ash a ribbon
-We're in a freaking world tournament, why the hell isn't Ash using his reserves?
-Goh should participate in the Kanto or Sinnoh League, his goal is great but too boring and without any pressure
-Continuity

DatsRight

* The formula kinda taking over and sapping life out of many episodes for a long time. Didn't matter what kinda story they hinted at, it wouldn't have an ending in favour of the usual shtick.
* Several jerk COTD who got away scot free simply because they're a lesser evil than Team Rocket (even worse if they bullied TR FIRST even). The show isn't that great at flowing character development for a lot of the COTD so it feels like they redeemed themselves, the twerps just had to do the right thing, which unfortunately due to the formula, always enables them.
* Similarly there's an awkward drift between the Pokemon being sapient enough to know what they are doing, or being allowed to attack or borderline murder their trainers because they're just animals and they're their trainer's responsibility, which generally conveys them more as enabled violently spoiled kids sometimes.
* This is a more obtuse one, but I'm not big on how many non-main event Pokemon battles just end up spam revolved curbstomps. I get there's only so many ways to choreograph a good battle, but nearly any filler battle tends to be REALLY lethargic and one sided in the protagonist's favour, even if they have nearly ZERO experience (like Serena and Mallow had barely any training at all but had all of ONE battle they got their ass kicked due to this). In some extreme cases it feels like plot armour contrives so they are cosmically prevented from having to struggle in any way. This is probably why Team Rocket face offs became so dull after a while, since shortly into the series they stopped doing many variations on evil showdowns in favour of just very generic battles, with maybe one in a blue moon where TR so much as land a hit or force the twerps to use actual strategy. Like there's tons of shows that have cartoony bungling villains, but the fact they kinda suck against the heroes doesn't mean every showdown with them is boring and repetitive, especially when they're used as a climax as often as TR are.

Ash in SM
Ash not aging or maturing
Torterra being winless
Ash not winning the Kalos League
Oh yeah, SWAMPERT LINE NOT APPEARING IN XY WHEN ALL THE OTHERS DID

Last edited:

DuskAstral

Ash not aging or maturing
- the fact of not aging can be applied to every character in the series.

- I do not agree that it does not mature. For example, Satoshi from the Indigo League could not accept defeat (he even fell into despair), with time he began to accept it and no longer reacts to it with such strong emotions as before.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Goh goals and the whole "If you dislike Goh you're a bad person vibe that has been arround the internet" or the whole If you don't like it don't watch it treatment (Really original guys....) I have been given is really sad

I will feel really bad the day he is gone.

200.gif

RafaSceptile

AG: Ash not having a proper rival until late Hoenn
DP: Ash's Torterra (as species) Battle Record
BW: Ash being resetted at the start of the series
XY: Amourshipping as a clickbait for a lot of episodes
SM: Inconsistent development and pacing between the main cast
JN: Lack of interactions and screentime between Ash and Goh's Pokémon

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
- Generic COTD/POTD episodes
- Ash getting smacked with the nerf bat in BW
- Serena mostly used as bait for her crush on Ash
- Torterra being the whipping boy win rate wise
- Journeys not having a lot of focus on Galar
- Brock in DP
- Lack of female rivals with a battling goal. Bea (to some extend) and some of the BW rivals are the closest we have now.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Nah I've seen all the info on SM and watched someone's reviews on it when it was airing, so I'm not blindly hating it.
......so you haven't watched it? Instead read someone else's reviews based on their own tastes and opinions and read info on SM (which basically loses the charm of the series, reading the plot instead of watching it) and based on that decided it's as a whole annoying and has no redeemable or good thing about it..... Yea I'd call that blindly hating on it

Sonnas

......so you haven't watched it? Instead read someone else's reviews based on their own tastes and opinions and read info on SM (which basically loses the charm of the series, reading the plot instead of watching it) and based on that decided it's as a whole annoying and has no redeemable or good thing about it..... Yea I'd call that blindly hating on it
Because I'd rather not sit through all the tediousness just to get to the "decent" parts of it. And it feel like it's not my cup of tea with how the anime usually is.