• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What annoys you about the show?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Luthor

When they go away from battles that could be fun to show something else going on that's less interesting. Like they skipped much of Ash's Quilava's battle with Nando's Armaldo to show team rocket selling food.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I hated how Ash catching Gibble ended up being a total waste. He really needs to let it back on his team and let it grow stronger. Ash has sooooooo many wasted potential Pokémon that they all need some time on his team in order to be fulfilled. The wasted Pokémon at Oak’s Lab are 28 of the Tauros (they all must know different moves and have different areas of personality and strength), Kingler, Muk, Boldore, Buizel, Corphish (I often forget that Ash has one), Scraggy, and Palpitoed (only had one major battle which it lost anyway).

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
When they go away from battles that could be fun to show something else going on that's less interesting. Like they skipped much of Ash's Quilava's battle with Nando's Armaldo to show team rocket selling food.
God yes, shoving Team Rocket into the plot of every episode just so the writers and animators don't have to do any actual work got old real fast

The only time they got Team Rocket "right" was in SM when they were allowed to finally be characters instead of plot devices

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
God yes, shoving Team Rocket into the plot of every episode just so the writers and animators don't have to do any actual work got old real fast

The only time they got Team Rocket "right" was in SM when they were allowed to finally be characters instead of plot devices
I think BW also had a good TRio up until the earthquake and tsunami happened and changed everything.

mockingjay

swift and lol
I get that having to create ~50 episodes yearly is a huge undertaking for any animation studio, but I hate that they are so unwilling to break the mold a little and do something different. There are so many plot lines that are just rehashed and it's clear that the writers are bored. We're bored too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Post-DP seasons pretending the OS never happened. Thankfully, Charizard's return in BW and Journeys is fixing that.
XY was the only saga that I can remember that didn't include at least one major OS callback, but I'm not seeing why that should be considered problematic. The writers weren't pretending that OS didn't exist at the time: they just had better things to do than pander to the OS fandom, and I say this as a huge fan of the OS episodes myself.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
That the show producers actually came out with this horrible sm artstyle and thought it was ok.
All the people I know that didnt watch Pokemon for years and saw Sm Ash were like: wtf happened to Ash’s face

DatsRight

The fact that Lana's Eevee and Mallow's Shaymin were completely wasted.
It's weird they didn't even evolve Sandy or give it a water type boost of some sort, even in Lana's return appearance, while poor Shaymin didn't even get to show off an attack besides Aromatherapy.

It took ages for the girls to get their secondary Pokemon in SM and then they didn't do anything with them.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I'm upset with the coronation series battles. I get pikachu is the mascot, but he doesn't use his other pokemon much at all.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The overall lack of/unclear worldbuilding makes this world feel alien and hollow. There's a difference between deliberately alien like the "not too distant future" and just bad worldbuilding. One is deliberate while the other stems from not thinking things through. We don't know how the League system works, what this World Coronation entails, and we certainly are missing a lot more details on just small things that would really strengthen the world itself rather keep it isolated.