• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What arcs in the anime do you wish they did/would do?

Blastmaster

Either missed opportunities from a previous series or potential new arcs for Sword and Shield.

I'll get the ball rolling:

I really wish BW had been more faithful to the games' plot. Not one-to-one exactly, but do something with the whole "is battling actually good for Pokemon?" theme, among others. Maybe have Ash catch some very weak Pokemon that he actually struggles to train, while N believes that he shouldn't be forcing them to battle. Could've been a worthy follow-up to Paul imo: both rivals in their own ways force Ash to doubt his training methods.

Ash should've gotten a Mega Ring in XY rather than Ash-Greninja. I actually like the way Greninja's arc was written, but they could've easily done the same type of arc with Charizard or Sceptile or whatever and not made Ash seem like such a special snowflake, lol. They could've also easily applied Korrina's arc to Ash throughout the series. Maybe even have Ash fail Mega Evolution so much that he gives up on it for a while. There's just so much potential they didn't use when Ash has multiple Pokemon with Megas...

As for arcs I'd like to see in the future:

As mentioned above, I'd still like to see Ash catch a Pokemon that's just so weak he can't seem to train it. They sort of do this with Gligar, but it evolves relatively quick and it's pretty smooth sailing after that. I wonder what they'd do with a longer arc for a Pokemon like Gligar.

On a similar note, I kind of want Ash or another MC to catch a Pokemon that flat-out dislikes battling. Not just occasionally wussing out like Oshawott, but doesn't want to battle period. Would they grow to enjoy battling? Would they leave the group because they're just too different? Either way, it's interesting.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
B1W1 N/Team Plasma plot for me. Also replace Trip with Cheren

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would've liked to have seen the original Plasma-dan plot from the games adapted faithfully in the Best Wishes saga. I realize that the earthquake and tsunami changed the writers' plans for the Rocket-dan and Plasma-dan conflict, but I think that they could've still gone ahead with showing the Plasma-dan at Electric Stone Cave for example.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I'm hoping once all the games are done ash still hasn't won a league and decides to go back where it all began, the kanto League. After hearing how much stronger the kanto gym leaders are now he can take them on in preparation for the league. He can get access to old Pokémon such as pidgeot (he can send another flyer such as staraptor to defend the forest while he uses pidgeot for a battle or two) and primape (who still stays and trains but can be called upon for a battle like squirtle). His main travelling team can be Pokémon like totodile, scraggy and gible who need more development and chance to evolve. While he uses his others for gyms and other big battles.

Gary can replace the 8th gym. Have him filling in temporary while they get someone permanent. He eventually wins the league and starts training for his battles against the elite 4. A chance encounter with champion Lance will result in ash learning of a training place at Mt silver so he goes there for 3-4 months of intense training with all his Pokémon.

He eventually returns for his elite 4 battles, showing off new moves and evolutions and defeating them.

But before the battle with champion Lance a strange figure appears who seems to be friends with professor oak and is here to watch ash's championship battle.

It's revealed this character is an old trainer from pallet town who became champion before losing to Lance. His name..... red. He had been training at Mt silver when ash appeared and had been helping him with his training.

After a hard battle ash defeats Lance finally becoming a Pokémon champion.

The final scene will be ash and oak sitting with all his Pokémon when a unknown Pokémon flies overhead. And ash sets off in the direction it was heading on his next adventure

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Honestly considering they cancelled the original TP arc and strangely wanted to use the BW 2 versions.... I don't know why they didn't just go all out; The frigate, the shadow triad, Colress and Ghetsis being more faithful to their game counterparts, Kyurem, White Kyurem...
And even a reference to Hilbert/Hilda having defeated them a few years prior(And setup for League rival lols)

I don't care that the original version wasn't used, I just wish Team Plasma was handled more faithfully rather than it being a weird mishmash of both versions but without Zekrom and Kyurem!

Also; the only arcs from the XY games I enjoyed.... AZ and Emma. Shame we didn't get neither of them. (And Eternal Floette will forever rest in event limbo >.> )

Episode Delta
And Lisia for Serena.... what a wasted potential for a special

And the Ultra Recon Squad! I was really wanting Dulse and Zossie to show up! Especially Dulse.... you could even have had Zossie being a 'spy' by enrolling in Ash's class(Hey, if Ash doesn't find indigo and violet hair strangers plus a midget suspicious, why would he find a extremely pale female suspicious? :p )

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I wished that the fears were better explained back in BW. It was pretty stupid having Dento scared of Purrlion yet not explain why.

Also TR vs TP arc.

They had a missed opportunity sharing Serena’s thoughts outside of her crush. She was well aware that she didn’t know what to do and put up with her mother teaching her PokeRide. Couldn’t she had done stuff that wasn’t so boring and stereotypically girly? If she wasn’t going to do anything, she could’ve been like Dawn where she would overpack on comfort stuff like when she was packing her hair dryer, shampoo, and needless crap until her mother called her out on it. That could’ve been a quirk or gag. They really missed an opportunity on Serena camping out by herself. That’s one of my favorite moments where she’s out getting scared by bugs and hurrying to find a PokeCenter before it gets too dark. She could’ve had a fear where she didn’t want to get out of her comfort zone and saw Ash as someone she could confide in until she came to the realization that she had no plan once she met him or no identity outside of someone that’s traveling with them.

Expand more on Meowth’s Nyagigator role.

Expand more on Paul... just more Paul.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I'm hoping once all the games are done ash still hasn't won a league and decides to go back where it all began, the kanto League. After hearing how much stronger the kanto gym leaders are now he can take them on in preparation for the league. He can get access to old Pokémon such as pidgeot (he can send another flyer such as staraptor to defend the forest while he uses pidgeot for a battle or two) and primape (who still stays and trains but can be called upon for a battle like squirtle). His main travelling team can be Pokémon like totodile, scraggy and gible who need more development and chance to evolve. While he uses his others for gyms and other big battles.

Gary can replace the 8th gym. Have him filling in temporary while they get someone permanent. He eventually wins the league and starts training for his battles against the elite 4. A chance encounter with champion Lance will result in ash learning of a training place at Mt silver so he goes there for 3-4 months of intense training with all his Pokémon.

He eventually returns for his elite 4 battles, showing off new moves and evolutions and defeating them.

But before the battle with champion Lance a strange figure appears who seems to be friends with professor oak and is here to watch ash's championship battle.

It's revealed this character is an old trainer from pallet town who became champion before losing to Lance. His name..... red. He had been training at Mt silver when ash appeared and had been helping him with his training.

After a hard battle ash defeats Lance finally becoming a Pokémon champion.

The final scene will be ash and oak sitting with all his Pokémon when a unknown Pokémon flies overhead. And ash sets off in the direction it was heading on his next adventure
Satoshi is red of the Pokemon anime show.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Considering how much time Ash's old teams are demanding some action, I'd be glad with a tournament that requires the contestants have at least 3 pokemon of each region, forcing Ash to call his old pals to flex muscles and kick some butts.

Redstar45

Yeah....no.
He is loose base on game red and that count in my book that and we don't really have see ref or green in anime do we ? Nope .

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Satoshi is red of the Pokemon anime show.

That's comparing an apple to an orange, they're nothing alike.
Except for the fact both own an electric rat

Redstar45

That's comparing an apple to an orange, they're nothing alike.
Except for the fact both own an electric rat
And lizrdon and rest of Kanto Pokemon ? Come on you know that unless you are in denial

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
He is loose base on game red and that count in my book that and we don't really have see ref or green in anime do we ? Nope .
Outside of similar character design, their similarities lessen. We’ve been shown before that Ash and Red are their own characters despite Ash’s design somewhat influenced by Red. Red appears in his specials and sometimes the games, Ash has his own show and only his Pokémon has cameos in the games in special events. I see them as separate characters, I’d rather not call Red “comic version of Ash” when their journey and aura aren’t similar. I could see why some people could see the player characters as having an anime, game, and comic version seeing as the anime stopped differing the designs as time passes but Ash is famous for stealing the male player character’s clothing or making his own while Red sports the same clothes and is older than Ash with a better character storyline.

Redstar45

Outside of similar character design, their similarities lessen. We’ve been shown before that Ash and Red are their own characters despite Ash’s design somewhat influenced by Red. Red appears in his specials and sometimes the games, Ash has his own show and only his Pokémon has cameos in the games in special events. I see them as separate characters, I’d rather not call Red “comic version of Ash” when their journey and aura aren’t similar. I could see why some people could see the player characters as having an anime, game, and comic version seeing as the anime stopped differing the designs as time passes but Ash is famous for stealing the male player character’s clothing or making his own while Red sports the same clothes and is older than Ash with a better character storyline.
He only had three outfit gen 1/2 /let go pe and frlg/hgss/bw2 and battle legend of smusum outfit (i don't consider masters is canon) and Satoshi have his own outfit ten better than stealing game counterpart outfit or at least give him red ones ? And i don't think that i agreement with that but i am log out forum as i am not back until Wednesday or Tuesday

DatsRight

I thought Ash and Red both derived from the NPC player in the original Gen 1, who was still in a more primordial state compared to either and had the choices to be called both 'Red' and 'Ash/Satoshi' in the name selection. It was the divergence in both anime and games that led to them being different like with many other adaptations made before the original media was fully developed.

Redstar45

I thought Ash and Red both derived from the NPC player in the original Gen 1, who was still in a more primordial state compared to either and had the choices to be called both 'Red' and 'Ash/Satoshi' in the name selection. It was the divergence in both anime and games that led to them being different like with many other adaptations made before the original media was fully developed.
No you have to remember that name selection is just that a name selection and we didn't really know gen 1 player character name is red until gen 2 era as kids in Japanese and North America think his name is Ash/Satoshi and no Pokemon special manga is not enough for character to be named "Red".

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Ultra Megalopolis.

Heck, I'd prefer the anime move to Ultra Megalopolis instead of Galar, and instead of traveling from city to city, the characters travel from Ultra World to Ultra World.

Pokemon regions have always been about exploring the same biomes and it's gotten old and bland. Every region has an ice area, volcano area, and some kind of island or sunken feature. This was done in RBY because that was intended as a stand alone game, but rather than have one Pokemon game be set during the winter (allowing ice-type captures) or summer (allowing fire-type), we get every region with ice/lava even if it doesn't make sense.

Ultra Megalopolis is the first area that really showed that the Pokemon World could get really wild if GameFreak wasn't so dead set on trying to ground each region with a real-life counterpart. Who cares? Show us to the limits of the imagination, not something of limited imagination.