• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What arcs in the anime do you wish they did/would do?

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Actually, Red is based off Ash, not the reverse.

https://imgur.com/a/hd3YIGz

Starting with Generation VI, we also saw Ash take on characteristics of the new player characters that go beyond just the clothes.

For example, like the Gen VI hero, Serena is the childhood friend. And for Generation VII, Ash is the "boy from Kanto who moved to Alola".

Leonhart

Imagineer
Revolver Furious Dragon said:
He's based on red but isn't red. They could easily introduce a different version of red into the show if they wanted

They could, although the fact that they haven't done that thus far [aside from the brief cameo from the Red in the movie shown in AG086] implies that the writers don't have much interest in introducing Satoshi's game counterpart in the anime. The Red from Origins is probably the best we can hope for even if that mini-series isn't canon.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I want to see team rocket succeeded and actually steal Pikachu.

It could lead to an emotional arc where ash and his friends have to storm a rocket base, the friends dealing with the grunts while ash rushes through to find Pikachu

DatsRight

I want to see team rocket succeeded and actually steal Pikachu.

It could lead to an emotional arc where ash and his friends have to storm a rocket base, the friends dealing with the grunts while ash rushes through to find Pikachu

I'd actually love if they ever plopped that onto the end of a series and the whole return trip to Kanto is Ash gradually chasing down TR as they desperately try to get Pikachu all the way to headquarters. That would be real interesting in terms of tension, both in terms of Ash getting back his friend and also 'will they FINALLY make it and give him to the boss (even if only temporarily)?' Imagine if they dragged the chase out a few episodes, with a few times the twerps catch up or Pikachu nearly escapes but TR keep pulling out a backup plan or 'not so harmless' counter, getting super persistent because they're THIS close this time. Plus you know, Giovanni getting a rare moment as the final boss again.

Interestingly they DID do it one side media, the Pokemon Live stage show. :p

Last edited:

Revolver Furious Dragon

I'd actually love if they ever plopped that onto the end of a series and the whole return trip to Kanto is Ash gradually chasing down TR as they desperately try to get Pikachu all the way to headquarters. That would be real interesting in terms of tension, both in terms of Ash getting back his friend and also 'will they FINALLY make it and give him to the boss (even if only temporarily)?' Imagine if they dragged the chase out a few episodes, with a few times the twerps catch up or Pikachu nearly escapes but TR keep pulling out a backup plan or 'not so harmless' counter, getting super persistent because they're THIS close this time. Plus you know, Giovanni getting a rare moment as the final boss again.

Interestingly they DID do it one side media, the Pokemon Live stage show. :p

It would be a good reason to have ash fight Giovanni again. Maybe even a full battle between the two with Pikachus fate on the line. Heck ash could of switched in his powerhouse team for it

It would also be great development for Jessie and James. There not exactly bad guys so they would be happy at first but then they will see what effect there actions have had on Pikachu and later ash and would come to regret it after realising how much they have hurt them

Last edited:

MockingJ

Banned
Actually, Red is based off Ash, not the reverse.

https://imgur.com/a/hd3YIGz

Starting with Generation VI, we also saw Ash take on characteristics of the new player characters that go beyond just the clothes.

For example, like the Gen VI hero, Serena is the childhood friend. And for Generation VII, Ash is the "boy from Kanto who moved to Alola".

The original Red design was the basis for Ash's design though. Obviously the newer versions of Red have been inspired by Ash's design a little bit, but Red is still the main inspiration for Ash's motif in the Original Series.

Emelie

Bookworm
I have a lot of ideas so I made headlines. :p

Female protagonist with a battle oriented goal

I would have liked to see a tournament arc for Misty and Iris that was similar to the Grand Festival. I think the concept of a Grand Festival in itself is nice but it would also be nice to see something similar but for a girl that battles. Mabye in Sword and Shield this will finally happen? With the focus on gyms and tournaments in the games it would be a missed opportunity otherwise.

I would also like to see a movie that focuses on the female protagonist again. The only one I can think of is the Manaphy movie but Haruka was still a damsel in distress at the end.

Silver/Paul

I would also like to see some game plots adapted into the anime. I think Silver (and the plot with his father) should have replaced Paul. While Paul is my favorite rival, he had a weak backstory and motivation. In the concept art you can even see Silver in place of Paul! What does this mean? It would have been good advertisement for HGSS too. His personality would mostly be the same I think.

Emma in the anime

I would also like to see Emma adapted into the anime in place of Shauna since she has a little more depth. It would be interesting to see a homeless girl become the Kalos Queen.

Emma could also have been involved in the Team Flare plot with Alain, which would also give Serena something to do since she ended up in the background while the other companions Clemont and Bonnie played important roles. It would also give Serena an interesting relationship outside of Satoshi which might make her more likeable to non-shippers?

BW1 game storyline adapted into the anime

I would also like to see the storylines from BW1 and SM adapted faithfully. I'm not sure if Satoshi should be the one to fight N though.

Mabye Hilda/Touko could have been like Alain and had an arc dedicated to her before meeting Satoshi and becoming his rival? Then Team Plasma attacks the league like in the games and she awakens the dragon. Mabye Iris helps her awaken the dragon which would also be a good way to showcase her development as a dragon master?

Sun and Moon game storyline adapted into the anime

I would also like to see SM's plot adapted. I would ditch the school and have a traveling aspect. The trial captains keep their roles from the games. The group would be smaller consisting of three people: Lillie, the female protagonist from the SM games and Satoshi.

Female protagonist would have a battle related goal involving tournaments while Satoshi has to complete all the trials. Female protagonist is the one who supports Lillie emotionally when they fight mommy dearest (who is more like her game counterpart) and shows a wide range of emotions (unlike her game counterpart :rolleyes:).

Revolver Furious Dragon

Something I have wanted ever since sinnoh is a small 1-2 episode arc when they arrive at the regional league.

Like they arrive and register and everything but before the main tournament begins a smaller tournament is held between.... The elite 4 members.

It would mean we get a chance to see what the elite 4 can really do in the anime against someone of the same skill and power level. It would be a great way to hype the audience for the league and a reminder for the trainer's of what there up against if they win

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd love a subplot that focuses on Pikachu being stolen by the Rocket-dan, and Satoshi and his friends having to infiltrate the Rocket-dan's main HQ to get him back. I'm mostly interested in that idea because we've seen the Rocket-dan's base from Kanto in a few episodes, and I've always wanted Satoshi's group to go there and fight Sakaki, Matori, and the other Rocket-dan members. It would also give us a chance to see Habunake, Muskippa, and the other Pokemon that Musashi and Kojirou left there.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I'd love a subplot that focuses on Pikachu being stolen by the Rocket-dan, and Satoshi and his friends having to infiltrate the Rocket-dan's main HQ to get him back. I'm mostly interested in that idea because we've seen the Rocket-dan's base from Kanto in a few episodes, and I've always wanted Satoshi's group to go there and fight Sakaki, Matori, and the other Rocket-dan members. It would also give us a chance to see Habunake, Muskippa, and the other Pokemon that Musashi and Kojirou left there.

I never even though about that aspect. Seeing all the rockets old pokemon again would be fantastic
Especially since it's highly unlikely we will ever see them again, unless Jessie and James need to have full battles for some reason, or they decide to bring back yanmega or carnivine/ mime Jr for potential sinnoh remake promotion ( but that is incredibly unlikely)

MockingJ

Banned

I don't think we'll ever really see Jessie's and James's other Pokemon again though. The writers got rid of them for a reason but I wouldn't mind if we get another big showdown between Ash and Giovanni at some point.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Revolver Furious Dragon said:
or they decide to bring back yanmega or carnivine/ mime Jr for potential sinnoh remake promotion ( but that is incredibly unlikely)

That's probably one of the few chances that we have to see those old Gen IV Pokemon, although given that none of the Rocket-dan's [or Satoshi's] Gen III Pokemon appeared in XY for OR/AS promo reasons, I'm not too confident that the writers would bring Megayanma, Muskippa, and Manene back for D/P remake promo purposes.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
@shoz999 You have many things to say about this, don't you?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
@mehmeh1 lol.

To be honest, don't really see much of a point to this thread. I did had a list typed half-way but by Gen 4 I'd realized many of the arcs I've always wanted to see adapted from the games have already been done in another medium, Pokemon Adventures. After that I wondered what was the point of wishing for something that not only already exists but has done the games justice multiple times. I suppose it's different for fans who only watch the anime and are not interested in what other adaptations have to offer but as someone who just wanted to see the games brought to life, I pretty much already got what I wanted.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I want something simple:
An entire season dedicated to Ash, his friends, and all their Pokèmon. Could be at Oak’s, on an island, idrc. Would be an easy way to see new companion and Pokèmon dynamics. And to avoid having a cast much bigger than Alola’s, you could have episodes dedicated to certain groups (i.e one episode is about Cilan and Kiawe with a subplot of Hawlucha meeting Torracat). Would fit best as an off season or as a final season. Would probably never happen but I’d like it

Revolver Furious Dragon

I want something simple:
An entire season dedicated to Ash, his friends, and all their Pokèmon. Could be at Oak’s, on an island, idrc. Would be an easy way to see new companion and Pokèmon dynamics. And to avoid having a cast much bigger than Alola’s, you could have episodes dedicated to certain groups (i.e one episode is about Cilan and Kiawe with a subplot of Hawlucha meeting Torracat). Would fit best as an off season or as a final season. Would probably never happen but I’d like it

I'm really hoping something like that happens near the end of the series. It would probably never but happen but bringing back as many of ash's friends and rivals as possible would be great for the fans. Especially older ones there since the beginning.

They could do something like it's ash's birthday of he has finally won a major league so his mom and oak reach out to his travelling companions and old rivals like Gary and throw a huge celebration.

MockingJ

Banned
I want something simple:

This kind of reminds me of the Decolore Islands arc except with more going on. I like the idea but the writers seem to hate bringing back old characters and Ash's old Pokemon.