1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What arcs in the anime do you wish they did/would do?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Blastmaster, Aug 19, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

There's not really a lot in the Pokemon anime that strike me as interesting but I do wonder if anyone here is interested in exploring the adventures of Delilah Ketchum in her kid years as a trainer. If I recall, she did a Pokemon Journey too so I always thought it was strange how the anime never mentions a single Pokemon she may have caught. She's clearly decent and confident at her battling skills so it's unlikely she went on a Pokemon journey without Pokemon.

2. Emelie

Emelie Bookworm

I think she used to be a model. The novelization by Takeshi Shudo goes more into depth regarding her backstory. Funny how people still want Satoshi's father to appear when the novelization makes it clear that he abandoned them when she was pregnant and that she doesn't want him in their lives anymore.

The novelization really makes you feel for Hanako/Delia. She made so many sacrifices for Satoshi. Life as a single mom is hard. :(

shoz999 likes this.
  3. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

For many, the role of motherhood is a job on it's own so imagine taking on another job just to support that role as a single mother. Would be a story worth exploring though I don't think Delilah is a single parent in the anime.

Emelie likes this.
  4. Emelie

Emelie Bookworm

I think she owned a restaurant in Shudo's novel. Apparently Professor Oak comes in every evening, eats his noodles and leaves without a word. :p

5. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Are those novels even canon? I heard that Ash's birthday was revealed in one of those novels, but I doubt that Shudo's comments are the word of god for the anime series no matter how respected he still is.

Redstar45 and Firefo×Fennekin like this.
  6. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Sword and Shield

They should have completed that GS ball plot, instead of just forgetting it due to change in plan.

Lunalah, MockingJ and KenzeyEevee like this.
  7. Emelie

Emelie Bookworm

Mabye they were canon at some point but aren't anymore. They are pretty old and obscure after all. Hanako/Delia doesn't get much screentime so it's hard to tell. I don't think there is anything that contradicts the anime plot, it just expands on it. Most characters are the same, Shudo just focuses more on certain aspects in the novel.

I like some scenes in the novel better than the anime though. I think Kasumi/Misty gets a better introduction in the novel when Shudo showcases both her hot-headed side and her kind side. In the Japanese version she basically just slaps Satoshi but in the novel she picks up Pikachu and tries to heal it while looking really sad and worried. The novel portrayed her as a layered character from the beginning.

Musashi/Jessie is also a layered character in this. Shudo focuses more on her backstory and her vulnerable side in the novel.

Leonhart likes this.
  8. saradanaruto

saradanaruto Member

Does anyone remember the Sevii Island plot that was being built up in Chronicles? I wish that had been expanded since Ritchie was doing well as the focus character at Mt. Ember and we should've seen more of his Sevii Island adventures.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I'm actually glad that the GS Ball was never touched upon again, because I wouldn't have seen the benefit of yet another Celebi subplot, which is almost certainly what it would've amounted to unless the writers had changed the GS Ball's purpose, which would've been odd given what the GS Ball was used for in Crystal version.

MockingJ likes this.