1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What are all TCG references made in Pokemon Adventures?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by ShinyPokemon inc., Nov 29, 2018.

1. ShinyPokemon inc.

ShinyPokemon inc. The Lighting King

Exactly as the title says. I know of some refernces such as Sird and the Kadabra Imposter Oak but I'm interested in knowing any other references.

2. lolipiece

lolipiece ウソです3: スイレンの逆襲 Staff Member Moderator

Just off the top of my head.

Super Rising Thunder, the move Gold's Pichu used to defeat the Mask of Ice is a reference to the Rocket's Raikou card, which had an attack named "Rising Thunder".

Two of the machines Carr uses in chapters 277 and 278 are based on the Pow! Hand Extension and Swoop! Teleporter cards, respectively.

In chapter 107, we actually see someone play the TCG at the Goldenrod Game Corner.

The ancient star language that Misty's Starmie wrote to send the message about the Elite Four getting the Badges and when it translated Suicune's words is based on the Ancient Mew card from the second Pokemon movie.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    shoz999 likes this.
  3. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

During Blue the female protagonist's first appearance, Blue scams Red by giving him a lot of fake items. A couple of them resemble TCG item cards, one of which Blue mentions is a Plus Power item.

4. lolipiece

lolipiece ウソです3: スイレンの逆襲 Staff Member Moderator

Plus Power is the Japanese name of X-Attack. That was just a mistranslation.