• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are Pokemon everyone wants?

OnceDone

I want to start trading a lot more and start filling out Dex's and just amass a collection of beast Pokemon. What Pokemon are people usually looking to trade for?

PokemonTrainerKaden

Most legendaries are big ones, Scizor, Metagross, Tyranitar, Salamance, those are all some popular pokemon as well. You can really trade anything.

OnceDone

Most legendaries are big ones, Scizor, Metagross, Tyranitar, Salamance, those are all some popular pokemon as well. You can really trade anything.

I'm guessing Scizor and Metagross, and all these with certain Natures?
And will they be good enough to even get shiny pokemon and legendary pokemon with in trades?

PokemonTrainerKaden

Yeah, a lot of people take in stats, natures, and abilities, but a lot of people (such as myself) use Pokemon Online to battle and the DS to collect Pokemon and will take anything just for their Pokedex. Your best bet is to just post on the trade forums that you have something or want something and then arrange a trade with someone eventually.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Pretty much any Dragon type Pokemon. Don't think I've ever seen anyone complain or accuse Dragon type Pokemon of being uncool, ugly, or terribly weak and useless.

PokemonTrainerKaden

^^ He's got a pretty good answer. I think a big thing people are looking for now are pokemon with dream world abilities. If you have any of the even DW pokemon, or even just a DW pokemon you can get a lot.

Practically people do want Zekrom or Reshiram that is level 9 and under...;)

XXD17

Draco rex
Disregarding the obvious trolls where people request stuff like low-levelled legendaries and such, the most sought-after pokemon, besides version exclusive legendaries and event pokemon, would probably be certain dream-world pokes like vulpix, poliwag, bulbasaur, eevee, torchic, dratini, and since pokes like hydration vaporeon, magic bounce espeon, speed-boost blaziken, and multiscale dragonite are in high demand not to mention the the always common drought-tales and drizzle-toed...some other dream-world ones like shroomish and bagon are pretty popular as well...If you have any of those, you should be able to get some pretty good stuff in return...but of course if you have shinies of any rare or strong pokemon like any starter, zorua, any powerful dragon poke, beldum, save any shiny legendary, the people will completely eat that stuff up...If you really have any of those pokemon, you should be good...

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Anything that annoys the hell out of people *Cough*Whimsicott*COUGH*Terrakion*cough*

Ryan7437

Banned
I actually always trade for Eevee. Most trade for foreign Dittos imo.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
I want to start trading a lot more and start filling out Dex's and just amass a collection of beast Pokemon. What Pokemon are people usually looking to trade for?

i'd say flawless iv's, no ev's used, and/or shiny pokemon are a big plus. Anything difficult to obtain or version exclusive is probably good.

ClumsyRaichu

Aura Guardian
anything you dont find in ou -.-

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
anything you dont find in ou -.-

This. That's because a lot of the cooler Pokemon are in the lower tiers. (I know it's just an opinion, but a lot of the Pokemon in OU I think are either pretty ugly or boring looking.) *inb4 "Thanks for telling us your opinion for the umpteenth time, Mugo"*

Also, Eevee.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Thanks for telling us your opinion for the umpteenth time, Mugo.

Other than Eevee(lutions) and Lucario, legendaries. After that it's just personal preference.

Greatemboar

The White Warrior
Well DW Vulpix and Ninetales are popular during Regionals for running the Sun teams DW Politoed and regular ability Kingdra are requested for use in a Rain team and do I need to say the pokemon for a sandstorm team? After those its the obvious hazers, walls and rapid spinners

Colt45

Cobalt
Well, I want an Electivire (once I figure out how to conenct my DS to the internet, could you help me evolve my Electabuzz, OnceDone)? I already have an Electrizer

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
Bidoof I imagine that it's any that have good stats, natures, moves, etc. Also shiny/rare/legendary Pokemon are a common thing to look for.