• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are Pokemon that you DON'T want Ash to catch (or wish that he hadn't caught) ?

Leonhart

Imagineer
His 29 other Tauros... Does anyone know why Ash caught the entire herd? I get that the episode was caught due to guns, but... nothing else was told about them.

I feel like it was supposed to be Ash & Pikachu versus the Tauros herd's leader, Ash battle and caught it... and then the rest decided to treat Ash as the new leader, comically prompting Ash to catch them all.
He accidentally caught 30 Kentauros because each time he saw a Pokemon that caught his attention, the Kentauros herd would intercept his thrown Safari Balls. It was simply a [rather unfunny] comedy gag and nothing more. There was no practical reason for him to have caught 30 Kentauros, and I consider that to be one of the most redundant and questionable plot elements from the original series.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
It’s Snivy for me , under Ash she didn’t get much attention and being overshadowed by Leavanny battle wise ,
I much prefer Snivy come under iris care, its fit the dragon elements and her personality is match with iris , and I wish Emolga never been caught not because I hate her , cause I know the reason it’s captured for the sake of pika clone being in main cast, I wish Clemons got it or Serena in XY series , would be great have 3 pika clone familiy in the cast

Also Gible , Despite Ash and Garchomp look good together ( thanks SM ) the fact his purpose just for only dragon meteor gag is unbearable, his biting gag can be replace by ash totodile Which have same biting gag

Ash Totodile, if I’m not wrong ash only use totodile only in Whitney rematch, and the rest is just being there , I wish misty get it , She will get much focus if she get totodile , Ash should just never left his squirtle and evolve his to wartortle

Last edited:

DatsRight

Rowlet. Litten was the only Alola he should have trained. I think Rowlet would have been better for Mallow.
I remember wondering if Ash would trade Rowlet to Mallow later on in SM given its Grass typing and the smacking gag with Steenee (which oddly DIDN'T develop into a love/hate friendship like lots of similar bickering gags do).

Granted if Mallow barely did anything with her battle fruit queen or mythical hedgehog, I think Rowlet would have been doomed with her. At least Rowlet got some good grand trial matches and brought Meltan onto Ash's team.

I admit I'm not fully set on Ash just getting handed a fully tamed and trained Dragonite that never loses after all the development Iris got to earn her's. Yeah I get Iris' has a crappy temper, but still, would have been nice if Ash at least had to work up from a Dragonair a bit longer.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I admit I'm not fully set on Ash just getting handed a fully tamed and trained Dragonite that never loses after all the development Iris got to earn her's. Yeah I get Iris' has a crappy temper, but still, would have been nice if Ash at least had to work up from a Dragonair a bit longer.
They just had to rush it, because Goh catching a Pokémon nobody cares about is far more important than giving Ash's team some much-needed development.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Grotle and Torterra. And by that, I don't mean he shouldn't have caught Turtwig; I just think evolving it was an incredibly poor decision in hindsight. The poor thing didn't get any memorable wins post-evolution, and has mostly just jobbed hard.
tbh that's less due to the evolution and more due to over-focusing on good ole' Monke. And also the writers abandoning Grotle's training in defense for some reason. That was just odd

Blood Red

【推しの子】
tbh that's less due to the evolution and more due to over-focusing on good ole' Monke. And also the writers abandoning Grotle's training in defense for some reason. That was just odd
Intellectually, I know it's because they wanted to focus on Infernape. Still, it's hard not to blame it on evolution since that's when Turtwig's decline started.

DatsRight

I must also admit I kinda want Ash to make up for SM and get the Pikipek line. I do like Rowlet, but I thought it was a shame that one of the regional birds with the most personality was barely used.

Maybe the Corviknight line as well for its creepy nature. Really it's a shame Ash stopped getting the regional birds just as they stopped being bland.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Don’t wanna sound like a hater or basic when I say this but Ash’s entire Journeys team.
I can agree, considering Journeys is the most divisive anime series ever. Lucario and Pikachu stole all the spotlight to the point the rest of this team is lacking in development, not to mention my saltiness towards Goh having all three Galar starters. While it’s nice to see Ash catch some Pokémon that fans had wanted him to use in a very long time, the writers once again played favourites and that’s one of the worst things in the anime.

Samantha Sparks

Hard to say. Every possible answer like Oshawott can be answered with "I wish it evolved" and even Torkoal had some entertainment value. His Journeys team's problem is that they're a bit rushed but that can be remedied with pacing.