• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are some aesthetic changes you’d provide to characters/the show in general?

Sham

The Guardian of War
I would of never given Serena that clown outfit and kept her original look
Once Lillie got Snowy, ditch her current outfit. The fact they were the exact same color and it was just white with bits of light blue was kinda unappealing.
When Ash co and visited Opelucid City... maybe make it more memorable? It looked like any other random anime city. I realize they were there for one day but the city looked lazy in comparison to games.
I would of switched May into her Emerald outfit as soon as they hit Kanto since I believe it’s the better out of the two.
Remove the trial badges from the classmates since trial captains never existed and it was kinda weird they still had them including Ilama

that’s all I can think of right now

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I agree with all of what you said except for Serena. While I did prefer Serena's old design, her new design was meant to represent character customization. I wish she had her long hair but considering the symbolism of the hair cutting scene, I'll let it slide.
I wish current ash word pants and gloves, otherwise I really like his design
Lillie should have permanently shifted to her Z powered outfit but I can also see why they didn't do it
Imo, this is for a future event but it would be cool that when ash manages to reach Leon after defeating other champions like Lance and Cynthia, he wears a new champion outfit

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Better design for Satoshi (os -Ag to dppt/bw/xy /sm/nj) and Serena by stay fathful to their design from their game counterparts Red and Game!Serena
All game pokegirls stay fathful to their design from their game counterparts too .
Same for Takeshi/kasumi and rest of the Female/Male gym leaders

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would've kept Serena in her default outfit instead of giving her a symbolic makeover that didn't quite look appealing [to me at least]. I also would've made Satoshi's [and pretty much everyone else's] eyes in SM bigger.

Redstar45

I would've kept Serena in her default outfit instead of giving her a symbolic makeover that didn't quite look appealing [to me at least]. I also would've made Satoshi's [and pretty much everyone else's] eyes in SM bigger.
And used original red gen 7 design for sm!Satoshi-Kun's look ? I mean it look served same purpose anyway just color to blue in vest .

Applecorp

I would've changed May's clothes to their Emerald design once the Battle Frontier saga began instead of waiting until Diamond and Pearl.

Ash would've gotten a make over too and worn clothes that looked like Red's outfit from LGFR.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My change is very simple: Ash would more red coloring on his clothes than blue. Also removed those lightning birthmarks on his cheeks. Never like them so that's why I like XY making them small and sometimes almost unnoticeable.

I like the idea of having May change to Emerald outfit earlier. It's the better of the 3 (I'm including ORAS version even if anime!May never used it)

Everything else I'm fine with even if it was somehow boring seeing most girls having pink on them lol

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
I would've changed May's clothes to their Emerald design once the Battle Frontier saga began instead of waiting until Diamond and Pearl.

Ash would've gotten a make over too and worn clothes that looked like Red's outfit from LGFR.

I agree that Haruka's clothing should've changed once the Houen saga was over, but I liked Satoshi's AG clothing, so I wouldn't have changed that.

Redstar45

I agree that Haruka's clothing should've changed once the Houen saga was over, but I liked Satoshi's AG clothing, so I wouldn't have changed that.
I would in os -bf -sm arc he always wear his game counterpart clothes. His houen look just red not blue .
Satoshi wear gen 1 and 2 looks and just wearing his ag in Red color and since bf arc he always wear his FrLg looks until sm arc he would wear red's battle Legend looks in new journey......a master looks for him .

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I would've kept Ash's original outfit.

I'd like to see other types of animations in certain scenes; like paint-on-glass animation for fire attacks, or pinscreen animation for psychic attacks.

I would've kept the water color backgrounds.

Redstar45

I would've kept Ash's original outfit.

I'd like to see other types of animations in certain scenes; like paint-on-glass animation for fire attacks, or pinscreen animation for psychic attacks.

I would've kept the water color backgrounds.
Always been Hate his original series looks so i would be give him a red Generation 1 look from the Rbgy games and manga

Redstar45

I liked the old animation before the change to digital animation in late Jouto. I especially liked the backgrounds in the old OS episodes, especially the landscapes and mountains.
Yeah but it cost too much on budget as they force to switch to digital.