• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are some anime and manga similar to Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTypeStarter

Themed around adventure, fighting for your friends, stopping villains, making discoveries, a full of colorful mysterious monsters and animals, etc.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Digimon. Mon Colle Knights. Medabots. Dinosaur King. Monster Rancher. Flint the Time Detective.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Then for your info I hate these kind of jokes (been trolled on other sites in times when I desperately needed serious answers) so refrain and only answer if you are going to do it seriously.
Shadow Star NaruTaru has elements similar to what you're looking for, it's just super dark. The anime doesn't even begin to cover what the manga gets into, but it's a stepping stone to see if you're interested in knowing where the story is heading.

As a cruel joke, it never got a finished English translation on top of being censored, so you'll need to sail the high seas on a Hoshimaru-shaped surfboard for it. Cowabunga.
e6c16ed461ff82144d6e24c16304b18d6ccdfc1c.webp

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Themed around adventure, fighting for your friends, stopping villains, making discoveries, a full of colorful mysterious monsters and animals, etc.
Speed Racer has everything, except the "mysterious monsters and animals, etc."

There are a few other similar-sounding series, like Time Bokan or Paul's Miraculous Adventure, but they were never translated, so I can't be sure they're what you're looking for.

Almost forgot about Fighting Foodons & Kirby, Right back At Ya. Those are options.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Themed around adventure, fighting for your friends, stopping villains, making discoveries, a full of colorful mysterious monsters and animals

Well if you want all of the above, the only ones I personally know are Digimon, Bakugan and Yokai Watch, and can only really vouch for the former two. And even then I can only vouch for some of the series of Digimon and only, like, first season of Bakugan.

Oh and if you haven't read it already, cuz I don't know if you have or not, there's always the Pokémon Adventures/SPECIAL manga if you wanna give it a whirl.

Okay admittedly I don't know much in the way of anime and manga compared to others here but individually... yes i'm goin bits and pieces cuz that's what i do too when looking for stuff: pick one part of something i already like then go with it

Themed around adventure,

One Piece. And yes I'm totally saying this cuz I recently got into it but it's quintessential adventure to me.

fighting for your friends, stopping villains,

Naruto, Dragonball, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia. Basically most shounen will have this. Just take your pick which ones you like the most.

Personally would rec Gurren Lagann as one and fairy tail but i know some find it terrible so your choice.

making discoveries,

Okay I admittedly don't know that much, but Made in Abyss is on my to-watch list and from what I can tell it has "making discoveries" as one of its themes. And there's already the aforementioned One Piece.

a full of colorful mysterious monsters and animals, etc.
The others already mentioned Digimon and Dinosaur King, which I second, and I already mentioned Yokai Watch and Bakugan so yeah.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Dragon Century, tho that’s not a children’s anime, & it’s incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.