• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are some huge points in the anime that you think completely destroys power scailing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Well not everything has to be spelled out in ABC ordering. Looking at the bigger picture Gorillander is Dande's main Galar starter mirroring his owning of one in-game and likely the most ideal way to show off the only non-final form Go starter in a cool way. It kicked off the M8 and only Daimaxed for the sake of hyping up the crowd (Dande is a showman) and despite being stalled still took out Brigarron. Alan finishes off the gorilla quick with his ace and a SE recoil move to be safe and we the ~amazing~ and ~hype~ Lizardon vs. Lizardon fight (showmanship) where he crushes even the Mega Evolved version of the species with his own in base, cementing his superiority as World Monarch. That battle felt more of a performance of Dande's theatrics and charm.

I'm not shocked, Dorapult + Ape destroying Carne's team and only being halted by Mega Sirknight feels about right. Again this monkey ran through Kairyu, destroying her SE Hurricane with simple drumming of all things (also dealing with her Seismic Toss clone "Kairyuuseigun") and straight up ate a Meteor Assault and just snatched Negigaknight's shield away and threw it back. It took a powered of version of the Frankestein fossil to get rid of this thing. We don't know what role Dorapult played either. But if it was Dragon Tailing and fishing for chip damage and having the monkey do clean up work like Satoshi, that would explain a lot.
Crazy how I can use the first sentence you quoted to address everything you just wrote. Don't even have to write anything new myself.
The point flew over your head anyway and you kept doing the same thing so whatever.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Crazy how I can use the first sentence you quoted to address everything you just wrote. Don't even have to write anything new myself.
The point flew over your head anyway and you kept doing the same thing so whatever.
Your issue is coming off the first match you couldn't buy Gorillander taking out so many of Carne's Pokemon (fair enough) as that's not realistic but you don't want to look at the full picture of its performance to understand or better justify why it was able to put so much pressure on her in the first place? It seems pretty fair the ape is simply that strong given the trouble it caused for Satoshi's dragons and duck.

Again, Lizardon-X was the Pokemon who won the Kalos League and defeated Satoshi's "ace" (Gekkouga) who was supposedly smacking around Carne's Sirknight (keep in mind Lizardon defeated Gekkouga 3x) It took out the monkey with a quad resistance and advantageous recoil move at that. It took Dande half his team to beat hers. We don't know Dorapult's utility but during Satoshi's battle it was mostly chipping away HP (even spreading paralysis, even scored a KO).

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So the Dragapult just somehow managed to deal with four entire different Pokemon, five assuming it touched up Goodra too, and it managed to tank all of their moves and counter all everyone tried against the Dragon Tail, and somehow chip them all enough to be on KO range for the gorilla.
Oh, and it was such a luckchad that through all that Gardevoir never popped up too.
Sorry, but that still sounds ****ing retarded.

I don't know about you but the assumption that she was completely manhandled by one single move while nothing of what she tried to do worked against it sounds like the definition of helpless.
You people are so ****ing annoying
Using buzzwords and overhyping other statements to push an argument that wasn't even there
All I said was that the Dragon tail + Rillaboom being a beast combo was probably used to weaken her as well, and here you are pushing your own fanfic on me and then saying it sounds dumb

Your issue is coming off the first match you couldn't buy Gorillander taking out so many of Carne's Pokemon (fair enough) as that's not realistic but you don't want to look at the full picture of its performance to understand or better justify why it was able to put so much pressure on her in the first place? It seems pretty fair the ape is simply that strong given the trouble it caused for Satoshi's dragons and duck.

Again, Lizardon-X was the Pokemon who won the Kalos League and defeated Satoshi's "ace" (Gekkouga) who was supposedly smacking around Carne's Sirknight (keep in mind Lizardon defeated Gekkouga 3x) It took out the monkey with a quad resistance and advantageous recoil move at that. It took Dande half his team to beat hers. We don't know Dorapult's utility but during Satoshi's battle it was mostly chipping away HP (even spreading paralysis, even scored a KO).
MCX owned AG. Ash-Greninja sucks.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Lets not forget that Ash's Pokemon took some heavy prior damage before Rillaboom beat them while we dont in which state Diantha's Pokemon were when they were beaten by Rillaboom.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
and here you are pushing your own fanfic on me
How ironic.

Funny cause I was just starting to take her seriously after she beat Lance, then they did this
It’s so sad that they’re so well aware that nobody cares about Diantha and they did this to her
But that's the thing. There was no need to do that to her. She could have just lost normally. Maybe have Leon still have two or even three Pokemon left. Just hide the damn scoreboard if you want to keep Leon's so oh surprising team a secret if that was the biggest issue
They took one step forward with her to then take ten back. Such a ridiculous over the top curbstomp was not needed at all. It was simply mean spirited.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
No specific event, the simple fact of Ash continuing his journey to the next gen affects power scaling already
After they had to come up with reasons for Ash to get rid of his Kanto team, one of the(multiple) reasons why Ash resets his team every gen and Pikachu is soft reset is to make him not start the season with his old team

Ryker101

But that's the thing. There was no need to do that to her. She could have just lost normally. Maybe have Leon still have two or even three Pokemon left. Just hide the damn scoreboard if you want to keep Leon's so oh surprising team a secret if that was the biggest issue
They took one step forward with her to then take ten back. Such a ridiculous over the top curbstomp was not needed at all. It was simply mean spirited.
Yeah like I said just show Mr Rime/Charizard battling, easy fix

They wanted to prove how strong Leon was. Unfortunately the Kalos trainers were perfect enough fodder. I remember hoping that Iris got Diantha or Lance but thank goodness she was on Ash’s bracket which just proves my point that they knew who they could get away with doing that.

I was hoping she’d at least do better than Alain but they both did about the same ratio given a half battle vs full battle. I wish they would’ve taken her seriously but all of this goes back to shilling that frog at Diantha’s expense so this was an issue way before Leon because nobody thought she had a chance of making it to the semi finals and an automatic win for who ever fought her. Leon just added on to what people already thought about her albeit it was still rough.

Do I feel bad or care? No
Was it messed up for Diantha and her fans? Yes

Tbh I kinda get throwing Diantha under the bus, she’s much less iconic than Lance/Steven/Cynthia and Lance has already lost to Leon anyway. Alain’s performance surprised me bc they brought him back just for this. I guess Leon just replaced his role, he basically had Alain’s traits but amplified (Ash’s goal, Charizard ace, strongest trainer, etc) so he might’ve felt redundant to them. They should’ve just given him the Iris treatment, ie battling Ash before M8 and having a full ep for his 3v3

Diantha is still my least favourite champion and honestly I doubt her M8 would’ve changed that. She’s just a joke in the games and doesn’t have that nostalgia factor for me anyway

Ryker101

They set it up so both Ash and Leon defeated three on each side. If you notice Leon fought Lance, Alain and Diantha while Ash defeated Iris, Steven and Cynthia. Thus making them defeat three on each side. Although you might argue that they gave Ash the more “iconic” Champions while Leon got the lesser important ones.

Steven was really the odd ball on why Ash got him. Like I understand Iris is a nostalgia trip and Cynthia has a pair of games out but why Steven? Besides that, Leon didn’t do anything but give people confirmation bias. Even Lance fans didn’t think he was losing. Her only purpose was to block another Lance and Leon rematch and after that they didn’t care. Honestly I didn’t care for a rematch between Alain vs Ash because it’s just too predictable and making Ash get that “aha gotcha” moment when he’s already defeated Champions. Sure it’s satisfactory for whoever cared about him losing but the bar would be at sea level if Ash beating Alain meant something. They’ve gone way too deep for it to mean anything.
Yeah I noticed that too, they also mirror opponents like Flint/Volkner, Diantha/Cynthia, Raihan, etc. I’m still in the camp that thinks Ash/Alain should’ve rematched at some point, it’s a no brainer to me. Like Ash is rematching trainers he’s already beaten but not the one guy he never has? Especially if they’re in the same tournament. But I’ll admit it’ll feel hollow without reserves and kinda boring seeing him fight 2 Charizards with Pikachu in M8. Ash would clear anyways but it’s baffling how they barely even interacted imo

It’s weird they set up Lance as Ash’s opponent with all the visuals showing M8 (back in hyper class), only for them to swap him last minute. If I had to guess it’s either bc Steven is stronger (higher ranked), Ash just faced 2 dragon trainers back-to-back, having Steven lose to Diantha would’ve been a tough sell (at least considering their aces) or that Ash/Lance are both kinda repping Kanto so they didn’t want them to overlap (like Alain not facing Diantha). But you could argue it was just for the shock factor. Honestly I like that matchup anyway, refreshing for type diversity and Steven is a cool champion from the games.

Anyway one was a league winner and the other was already known for being a “weak Champion” so they definitely knew what they were doing there. Diantha is just straight up boring but I’m guess since Cynthia was so excited about battling her… she put up somewhat of a fight?

I mean if Garchomp’s still running 3 dragon moves it’s screwed against Gardevoir lol

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yeah I noticed that too, they also mirror opponents like Flint/Volkner, Diantha/Cynthia, Raihan, etc. I’m still in the camp that thinks Ash/Alain should’ve rematched at some point, it’s a no brainer to me. Like Ash is rematching trainers he’s already beaten but not the one guy he never has? Especially if they’re in the same tournament. But I’ll admit it’ll feel hollow without reserves and kinda boring seeing him fight 2 Charizards with Pikachu in M8. Ash would clear anyways but it’s baffling how they barely even interacted imo
Journeys has done a good job at flanderizing characters so it’s not surprising they took Alain’s occasional stoicism and ran with it. I guess I could understand the perspective of a rematch but then I’m also like just not that interested. If this happened early on? Okay but once he started defeating Champions then I’m turned off from the whole thing.
It’s weird they set up Lance as Ash’s opponent with all the visuals showing M8 (back in hyper class), only for them to swap him last minute. If I had to guess it’s either bc Steven is stronger (higher ranked), Ash just faced 2 dragon trainers back-to-back, having Steven lose to Diantha would’ve been a tough sell (at least considering their aces) or that Ash/Lance are both kinda repping Kanto so they didn’t want them to overlap (like Alain not facing Diantha). But you could argue it was just for the shock factor. Honestly I like that matchup anyway, refreshing for type diversity and Steven is a cool champion from the games.
Given the power scaling in this games I wouldn’t be surprised. Diantha defeated the trainer who went head to head with Leon but got crushed by him. If the plot demanded it then I would be surprised if she defeated him but just Lance it would be a “wtf” moment.
I mean if Garchomp’s still running 3 dragon moves it’s screwed against Gardevoir lol
Which was just plain stupidity. They were so focused on promoting Volo’s ace that Garchomp got sidelined to the point of running three Dragon moves on a Steel Type and then setting up Stealth Rock on a Fighting and Steel Type.

Add on the whole Ash vs Cynthia to weird power scailing but mostly because Cynthia was a bozo rather than strength (kinda). You’re telling me that Leon is able to teach his Pokémon 20 different moves but she thought it was okay to only run Dragon Type moves + Stealth Rock? And then not even use it from the jump? At this point I wouldn’t surprised if Gardevior got far but definitely not because of strength.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Diantha is still my least favourite champion and honestly I doubt her M8 would’ve changed that. She’s just a joke in the games and doesn’t have that nostalgia factor for me anyway

Poor girl never gets a break does she, I remember that episode when Ash-Greninja sent her mega-gardevoir flying, and people immediately shunned her as the weakest champion.

I guess I could understand the perspective of a rematch but then I’m also like just not that interested. If this happened early on? Okay but once he started defeating Champions then I’m turned off from the whole thing.

If he and Ash were going to fight each other then it should've been outside the M8, because all anyone cares about there is Greninja taking down Alain's charizard, no other pokemon involved in the fighting matters, no matter how impressive or shameful they were in showing, all that mattered was Greninja getting revenge.

Ryker101

Journeys has done a good job at flanderizing characters so it’s not surprising they took Alain’s occasional stoicism and ran with it. I guess I could understand the perspective of a rematch but then I’m also like just not that interested. If this happened early on? Okay but once he started defeating Champions then I’m turned off from the whole thing.
Yeah fair enough
Which was just plain stupidity. They were so focused on promoting Volo’s ace that Garchomp got sidelined to the point of running three Dragon moves on a Steel Type and then setting up Stealth Rock on a Fighting and Steel Type.

Add on the whole Ash vs Cynthia to weird power scailing but mostly because Cynthia was a bozo rather than strength (kinda). You’re telling me that Leon is able to teach his Pokémon 20 different moves but she thought it was okay to only run Dragon Type moves + Stealth Rock? And then not even use it from the jump? At this point I wouldn’t surprised if Gardevior got far but definitely not because of strength.
Pretty silly no matter how you look at it. It’s weird how Paul’s had stone edge which I thought was meant to emulate theirs. Brick break, flamethrower, earth power, stone edge, they could’ve picked anything else lol. Also weird how Togekiss just spammed the same move in dmax, they hyped up the increased speed but didn’t do much with it. Stuff like that kept Ash vs Cynthia below my top 5 honestly

Sham

The Guardian of War
Maybe if Diantha actually mattered to the plot and this was actually somebody people cared about they would've thought twice about it but I just can't bother myself to care, it's not like the general public thought she was strong to begin (and this is semi confirmed since she needed double screens because her Pokemon couldn't tank anything).

I would've preferred if they hid the scoreboard as well because quite frankly we didn't need the still images + Rillaboom tanking a Fire Blast so that part I agree with but Leon honestly didn't do what people were already thinking in the first place. It's as odd as **** that she did no better than a league winner and they could've at least allowed her taking out three.

but EVERYBODY thought Diantha was a secured win for their favorite and that's telling.

Maybe if Diantha actually mattered to the plot and this was actually somebody people cared about they would've thought twice about it but I just can't bother myself to care, it's not like the general public thought she was strong to begin (and this is semi confirmed since she needed double screens because her Pokemon couldn't tank anything
Come on, don't tell me you're on the side that thinks her losing 6-2 is okay. I understand that she isn't the top favorite, but come on

Sham

The Guardian of War
Come on, don't tell me you're on the side that thinks her losing 6-2 is okay. I understand that she isn't the top favorite, but come on
Kinda just neutral. Said this, earlier do I care? Not really. Is it bad for her fans and just in general? Yep. I was saying if they had to show Leon's power in a "interesting" to the say the least, they picked the right trainers and were self aware. So yeah, not defending it but I also don't care because people have thought she was weak since XY anyways and she was an easy target. So again not defending it, I just don't care it happened.

I also said earlier idk what they were implying by letting Diantha and Alain both having the same ratio.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
They set it up so both Ash and Leon defeated three on each side. If you notice Leon fought Lance, Alain and Diantha while Ash defeated Iris, Steven and Cynthia. Thus making them defeat three on each side. Although you might argue that they gave Ash the more “iconic” Champions while Leon got the lesser important ones.

Steven was really the odd ball on why Ash got him. Like I understand Iris is a nostalgia trip and Cynthia has a pair of games out but why Steven? Besides that, Leon didn’t do anything but give people confirmation bias. Even Lance fans didn’t think he was losing. Her only purpose was to block another Lance and Leon rematch and after that they didn’t care. Honestly I didn’t care for a rematch between Alain vs Ash because it’s just too predictable and making Ash get that “aha gotcha” moment when he’s already defeated Champions. Sure it’s satisfactory for whoever cared about him losing but the bar would be at sea level if Ash beating Alain meant something. They’ve gone way too deep for it to mean anything.

Anyway one was a league winner and the other was already known for being a “weak Champion” so they definitely knew what they were doing there. Diantha is just straight up boring but I’m guess since Cynthia was so excited about battling her… she put up somewhat of a fight?
The reason they chose Steven is simply because in the Pokemon fandom, Steven is insanely popular as a Champion, moreso than Lance or Diantha. So they had him battle Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.