• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are some nitpicks/complaints about the series that you don't take so seriously?

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
The whole Dawn not high fiving Ash thing that people are still bickering over 2 weeks later. It's so insignificant and if people hadn't brought it up I wouldn't have even remembered that they used to high five each other a few times in the Diamond and Pearl series...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It happened a few times on DP and it had a song about it so in a way it was part of their dynamic. Not as integral as anything else? Agreed but considering the episode itself and how what their few times interacting, what else of the things besides the high five could've been used?

Nothing.

Training together? The series is alergic to that.
Sharing tips and strategies? No, let's talk about the Eevee taxi
Remembering about their shared experiences? No, it's all about the random legendary they want to show off so they can be trending
Dawn cheerleadering one of Ash's major battles? Too bad, this return is focused on Kantonian Mallow useless support character

If you want to appeal to nostalgia, at least make the danm research besides just drawing a few paralels to episode one and a random redrawn screenshot of a past episode.

It's less about the high five and more about the lack of... Just about everything else.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
And how many times did they actually do it in the series? Why is it this significant building block for their friendship?

Anyway this brings up nitpick I’ve been thinking about for awhile.

I don’t care about Chloe slander. Most of it completely ignores her character development and I can’t take most of it serious because most of the people criticizing her praises their fave for the same attributes. Most of Chloe’s development doesn’t even revolve around Eevee and instead just incorporates her into the development. Y’all gotta explain to me how Eevee is Chloe’s entire character when she didn’t get any attention concerning her evolution crisis (let alone any focus in general besides learning Tackle) in those Dawn episodes. How is her development revolving around Eevee? This isn’t at anyway in particular but I’ve just meaning to say this.
The fact that Eevee is tied to her development is what has people up in arms coz they don't like Eevee's spotlight which is a bit petty imo but eh, what can you do. People who call her an Eevee taxi ignore her development episodes so I don't really care at this point, Chloe is like a breath of fresh air I welcome in the anime, an original and well written character who I'm cheering for and have interest in

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
People blaming the writers(and creatives in general), for what is mostly marketing and management interfering with corporate media, when their pink slime anime isn't artisanal sausage.

Ishihara has done more damage than the writers by having TPCI override the brains multiple times, and, given how he is a programmer running a marketing and sales spinoff of a small game studio, it's blatantly obvious why he and TPCI are unqualified to run anime.

It's not the goddang writers fault orders from on high tell them to force changes to fill quotas and shill popular things for the merch market.

People think all anime is run like One Piece or other things like that, and it shows.

THOSE have BALANCED creative control.

Product shilling anime has no balance in any kind of favor of creatives.

At least Takeshi Shudo, for all of his batshit ideas for movies, had a unified vision of how things were to go and had the balance more fairly leaned towards the writers.

Y'all need to look past online circles, and learn how anime not from an independent source material is typically and actually made.

And it shows that a lot of you haven't worked office jobs and seen the wars between creatives/scientists and marketing/management.

RafaSceptile

The complains about Ash using Z-moves outside of Alola in the PWC and about using Pikashinium Z but not complaining about Ash using Ash-Greninja, another Ash's exclusive gimmick

Morax

King of heroes
People blaming the writers(and creatives in general), for what is mostly marketing and management interfering with corporate media, when their pink slime anime isn't artisanal sausage.

Ishihara has done more damage than the writers by having TPCI override the brains multiple times, and, given how he is a programmer running a marketing and sales spinoff of a small game studio, it's blatantly obvious why he and TPCI are unqualified to run anime.

It's not the goddang writers fault orders from on high tell them to force changes to fill quotas and shill popular things for the merch market.

People think all anime is run like One Piece or other things like that, and it shows.

THOSE have BALANCED creative control.

Product shilling anime has no balance in any kind of favor of creatives.

At least Takeshi Shudo, for all of his batshit ideas for movies, had a unified vision of how things were to go and had the balance more fairly leaned towards the writers.

Y'all need to look past online circles, and learn how anime not from an independent source material is typically and actually made.

And it shows that a lot of you haven't worked office jobs and seen the wars between creatives/scientists and marketing/management.
Sheesh, this Frankenstein of a show needs to die already, huh?
The complains about Ash using Z-moves outside of Alola in the PWC and about using Pikashinium Z but not complaining about Ash using Ash-Greninja, another Ash's exclusive gimmick
AG doesn't guarantee victory, pikashunium Z does ;p