• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are some nitpicks/complaints about the series that you don't take so seriously?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Roxie vs. Ash was mentioned and I just remembered how much I loved that battle. It was such a unique and fun setup and the way the match was presented felt genuinely tense and atmospheric. I wish more Gym Battles had some kind of caveat to them, because the whole 6 vs. 3 thing definitely made the battle feel exciting. If anything, out of all the Unova matches that one should be one of the least hated.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Roxie vs. Ash was mentioned and I just remembered how much I loved that battle. It was such a unique and fun setup and the way the match was presented felt genuinely tense and atmospheric. I wish more Gym Battles had some kind of caveat to them, because the whole 6 vs. 3 thing definitely made the battle feel exciting. If anything, out of all the Unova matches that one should be one of the least hated.
I KNOW, right?! It was so darn cool!

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Ash not catching legendaries or other forms of special Pokemon(before Sun & Moon) has always been a complaint that never mattered much to me.
Agreed. Just like in the games, characters catching Legendary Pokémon shows that they’re a strong Trainer who can take care of their Pokémon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I've been harsh on Ash vs Roxie in the past here, but honestly when I first watched the episode back then I really enjoyed it and looking back it was a fun battle
The main thing is that it really made Ash seem weaker which is jarring considering how BW treated him as a whole. Plus some Ash's mons could have really used a win here instead of jobbing like usual and giving Pikachu the win
But it was a fun battle, also Iris and Cilan wearing makeup and cheering him on was so cute

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash not catching legendaries or other forms of special Pokemon(before Sun & Moon) has always been a complaint that never mattered much to me.
I never cared about that either considering that they would've ended up just like all the other reserves and likely been dropped off at Okido-hakase's lab, regardless. It still rankles me that Melmetal got that treatment, but at Kukui-hakase's lab instead.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Seeing discussions on another thread, I don't think it's been mentioned but here's another one:

Ash's match against Alain on Kalos league was rigged duo to that mega evo energy collecting thing Alain was doing.

I don't think it's the case. Alain won because the people who own and make the show wanted him to. There's no cheating involving.

RafaSceptile

Seeing discussions on another thread, I don't think it's been mentioned but here's another one:

Ash's match against Alain on Kalos league was rigged duo to that mega evo energy collecting thing Alain was doing.

I don't think it's the case. Alain won because the people who own and make the show wanted him to. There's no cheating involving.
It was just the Denial stage of the five stages of grief after that battle

Sham

The Guardian of War
Oh I have one. I never cared that Iris caught Emolga and Excadrill. Excadrill was literally her starter Pokémon she received it before she realized her dream. What she was suppose to do...release it because it was a Dragon type? People still would of complained over that. Not to mention he served as a perfect counter against Ice Types and later Fairy so that nitpick made no sense. Secondly SOMEONE had to get the Pika clone and I assume they didn’t think she fitted Cilan, Ash has Pikachu so only Iris was left.

RafaSceptile

After watching a Pokémon Leagues analysis and rereading part of the Ranking the Pokémon Leagues thread, I have another one:

The complains about a battle being interrupted for some speech of the trainers in the battle of for people in the public. Some people argue that it ruins the pacing and tension of the battle, especially with Ash vs Paul and Ash vs Kukui that were the two longest battles and the ones with the biggest speech-time, but in fact, I think this is mainly a good thing: Having the trainers talk to each other shows how much they are involved with each other in the context that the battle is develops, meanwhile having other characters reacting to the battle shows that this is an actual event where all the people is expecting a result, and helps adding details that otherwise we would have ignored.

So, I think this speech time for the most part complements the actual battle, and it adds more value than some people gives credit for.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The way Lillie was able to touch Pokemon after seeing Type Null. I fear that's just a nitpick that people came up with for no reason. The entire point of her coming to a realization that Nihilego was the one who kidnapped her was that she no longer had to be in confusion where her trauma came from. Faba hypnotized her and despite him doing that the feelings of fear were still there and because she didn't know where they originated from she associated it with all Pokemon. Finally being able to remember plus the momentum from her friends and family allowed her to face her fears.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The way Lillie was able to touch Pokemon after seeing Type Null. I fear that's just a nitpick that people came up with for no reason. The entire point of her coming to a realization that Nihilego was the one who kidnapped her was that she no longer had to be in confusion where her trauma came from. Faba hypnotized her and despite him doing that the feelings of fear were still there and because she didn't know where they originated from she associated it with all Pokemon. Finally being able to remember plus the momentum from her friends and family allowed her to face her fears.
Is it weird that Faba only got a slap on the wrist for letting a small girl have this very important kind of trauma for years.

Then again, the Alolan Police Force sucks ***.