• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are some nitpicks/complaints about the series that you don't take so seriously?

DatsRight

Is it weird that Faba only got a slap on the wrist for letting a small girl have this very important kind of trauma for years.

Then again, the Alolan Police Force sucks ***.
It sticks out because they only did THAT after he tried to steal Nebby again.

It's only not a really blatant idiot ball within the show itself because they tend to do this sort of crap ALL THE TIME with bad guys (ones they can't blast off anyway).

Seriously, I feel like Lillie's backstory got a last minute do-over, Faba's such an obvious plot device within it and NO ONE questioned it.

Rune Knight

The door to properly make something out of the story is always open for continuation.

What if one day, Lillie returns to Alola only to find out that Faba is up to his old antiques. So she has Snowy use ice-beam on him, then exposes his frozen body to the hot-sun effectively melting him in front of the public eye.

Everyone is met with shock and even Gladion who pondered a deep hatred for the man is left terrified by such action, causing no one to dare threaten her family or the wellness of Alola ever again. She goes on to become the Mad Queen.

Kind of like what Superman became during the Injustice Storyline.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The door to properly make something out of the story is always open for continuation.

What if one day, Lillie returns to Alola only to find out that Faba is up to his old antiques. So she has Snowy use ice-beam on him, then exposes his frozen body to the hot-sun effectively melting him in front of the public eye.

Everyone is met with shock and even Gladion who pondered a deep hatred for the man is left terrified by such action, causing no one to dare threaten her family or the wellness of Alola ever again. She goes on to become the Mad Queen.

Kind of like what Superman became during the Injustice Storyline.
Why is Lillie Daenerys :p

Pokemonfan5

The bullsh*t complaint of Ash not being veteran trainer in SM just because of his art style not because of how he performed in battles.
Ash had factually better performance in SM than any other series, rarely lose battles, face more powerful opponents throughout series, before JN SM is the only series where Ash shown using past series experience, even become champion and beat a champion tier trainer.

But no Ash art style suck so he isn't good trainer.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The bullsh*t complaint of Ash not being veteran trainer in SM just because of his art style not because of how he performed in battles.
Ash had factually better performance in SM than any other series, rarely lose battles, face more powerful opponents throughout series, before JN SM is the only series where Ash shown using past series experience, even become champion and beat a champion tier trainer.

But no Ash art style suck so he isn't good trainer.
I always thought it was because Alola royally sucked at having strong trainers instead, so much Grand Trials aren't as important as they are in the games. Ash was simply cruising through the Kahunas almost all the time that I couldn't take all of them seriously (Nanu appeared to be more dangerous, but then his 3-man team gets taken down by one dog with a surprise Sitrus Berry).

Pokemonfan5

I always thought it was because Alola royally sucked at having strong trainers instead, so much Grand Trials aren't as important as they are in the games. Ash was simply cruising through the Kahunas almost all the time that I couldn't take all of them seriously (Nanu appeared to be more dangerous, but then his 3-man team gets taken down by one dog with a surprise Sitrus Berry).
Alola doesn't have high number of powerful trainers but the opponents Ash faced/beat is obviously more powerful,

Ash got a rival Tapu Koko who is beyond champion opponent in games or anime and Ash battle him throughout SM, beside Alan charizard x not a single rival Pokemon even during their league can hold a candle against Tapu Koko, Gladion from the start show really powerful trainer even had a legendary, Kukui another rival is literally like in game Champion, Ash beat Misty's mega Gyarados with almost ZERO damage on Pikachu, he beat UBs Nihilego in it's home world in less than half series which is the feat Ash only achieve in last season in past, battle Dia and his Mythical Zeraora like 3 times, Ash beat Gladion to win the league and Gladion is more powerful than some league winners like Tyson and Virgil while Kukui+Tapu Koko was literally the high champion opponent.

Compare Ash gym performance to Kahuna, Ash shown fodder trainer in DP-XY first gym battle where he lose badly for some bs reasons while Ash beat both of Hala's trials like a real professional trainer and Hala was even more powerful than his game counterpart during his trials, already said how big difference Ash shown in Misty's gym battle, Nanu's battle was use to shown Lycanroc strength and endurance which is shown even later series, Lycanroc also recover some health with the berry Tapu bulu given, Olivia grand trial shown Ash's amazing skills in battle and even use his past series strategy to win, Ash shown his creativity from DP series with Electroweb.

Those feats are factually higher than past series.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Alola doesn't have high number of powerful trainers but the opponents Ash faced/beat is obviously more powerful,

Ash got a rival Tapu Koko who is beyond champion opponent in games or anime and Ash battle him throughout SM, beside Alan charizard x not a single rival Pokemon even during their league can hold a candle against Tapu Koko, Gladion from the start show really powerful trainer even had a legendary, Kukui another rival is literally like in game Champion, Ash beat Misty's mega Gyarados with almost ZERO damage on Pikachu, he beat UBs Nihilego in it's home world in less than half series which is the feat Ash only achieve in last season in past, battle Dia and his Mythical Zeraora like 3 times, Ash beat Gladion to win the league and Gladion is more powerful than some league winners like Tyson and Virgil while Kukui+Tapu Koko was literally the high champion opponent.

Compare Ash gym performance to Kahuna, Ash shown fodder trainer in DP-XY first gym battle where he lose badly for some bs reasons while Ash beat both of Hala's trials like a real professional trainer and Hala was even more powerful than his game counterpart during his trials, already said how big difference Ash shown in Misty's gym battle, Nanu's battle was use to shown Lycanroc strength and endurance which is shown even later series, Lycanroc also recover some health with the berry Tapu bulu given, Olivia grand trial shown Ash's amazing skills in battle and even use his past series strategy to win, Ash shown his creativity from DP series with Electroweb.

Those feats are factually higher than past series.
The problem here is, all those were almost always Pikachu or Sunny D-roc. You tell me if the other four even come close to those two. I could close my eyes on the other four and almost nothing would change.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The problem here is, all those were almost always Pikachu or Sunny D-roc. You tell me if the other four even come close to those two. I could close my eyes on the other four and almost nothing would change.
Incineroar defeated Kukui's Venusaur and Incineroar, won Ash the akala trial against Lurantis and battled in the battle royale episodes against opponents as well while also taking out Guzmas Scizor and putting a good fight against Golisopod. It's strength is established pretty well, esp with defeating Incineroar
Rowlet defeated Hala's crabhawler and retired from battle (wasn't defeated) helped against Olivia and was knocked out by rockruff instead of by Olivia, helped in the Lurantis trial, took out Ryuki's Pokémon, defeated decidueye and Kukui's braviary which was shown taking out Golisopod in the past. It's strength is established
Meltan helped take out Ryuki, defeated Hala's Hypno which was a gag battle but also was established to not be weak with Gladion so it being one shotted is good, and then put up a great fight against Silvally and destroyed Kukui's Empoleon
Nagandel did nothing as a poipole but came back evolved, helped push back guzzlord, defeated Kukui's Lucario and put up a great fight against Tapu Koko. Despite its mishandling it was still established in strength

All of Ash's mons in Alola, despite less battles compared to each other, had their strength established and their own standout moments. No Mon was the weak link.

Pokemonfan5

Torracat/Incineroar beat Kukui's Incineroar who is more powerful than legendary Silvally, Rowlet is the weakest link but he beat his fully evolved form and Braviary, Melmetal and Naganadel was OP because they're Mythical and UBs, Melmetal was close to Silvally who is even more powerful than Midnight Lycanroc, Naganadel put a decent fight against Tapu Koko after battling Lucario.

Also which other team had same feats among all the members? Like none of Sinnoh Pokemons come close to Pikachu and Infernape, none of Kalos Pokemons come close to Pikachu and Ash-Greninja, same with Hoenn at the end of BF.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Torracat/Incineroar beat Kukui's Incineroar who is more powerful than legendary Silvally.
Very subjective on the comparison there because it took Melmetal to weaken Silvally (and episode length affects power level). Also, Torracat literally just existed to fight Incineroar and was lucky enough to get an extra bout against Guzma, because otherwise the only other good fight it had was against Lurantis. (Their rivalry was the long version of Rowlet's rivalry, really.)
Rowlet is the weakest link but he beat his fully evolved form and Braviary.
Wasn't Braviary weakened by Sunny D-roc.
Naganadel put a decent fight against Tapu Koko after battling Lucario.
Naganadel was too much of a very random addition and doesn't count much, as it also allegedly trained by itself.
Also which other team had same feats among all the members? Like none of Sinnoh Pokemons come close to Pikachu and Infernape, none of Kalos Pokemons come close to Pikachu and Ash-Greninja, same with Hoenn at the end of BF.
So we agree that Ash isn't powerful but just the two team members that get all the glory.

Pokemonfan5

Very subjective on the comparison there because it took Melmetal to weaken Silvally (and episode length affects power level). Also, Torracat literally just existed to fight Incineroar and was lucky enough to get an extra bout against Guzma, because otherwise the only other good fight it had was against Lurantis. (Their rivalry was the long version of Rowlet's rivalry, really.)

Wasn't Braviary weakened by Sunny D-roc.

Naganadel was too much of a very random addition and doesn't count much, as it also allegedly trained by itself.

So we agree that Ash isn't powerful but just the two team members that get all the glory.
Kukui's Incineroar beat Melmetal more easily than Silvally and Kukui is obviously more powerful than Gladion even without Tapu Koko, Torracat also beat revengers Pokemons, beat Guzma scizor and bring Golisopod below 50% that same Guzma is much stronger than a Kalos league trainer Illima, Torracat trained alot every day along with Lycanroc that's why he become so strong, it's like how Charizard after returning from Charicific valley get much stronger, he had big motivation after SM63 to get stronger.

Rowlet had many other wins, like Helping Ash the most in trials, beat Ryuki dragons and his fully evolved form.

Naganadel appeared very randomly I agree but his strength is justifiable, Naganadel is an UBs which sub-legendary category, he wanted to become strong to protect his homeland also Poipole only need to learn Dragon pulse to evolve not experience, even when he had the power of UBs Naganadel inexperience shown in battle, how he struggle against Lucario and was no match for Tapu Koko was the evidence and Ash had to use his skill to cover that.

The difference to other team is the strength of the Alolan Pokemons in the team isn't hugely different.

Last edited:

Pokemonfan5

Also my first comment was about Ash's trainer skill and his opponents strength in SM, why it gone to Ash's team power difference? No champions or E4 had team with all members being equally powerful, Cynthia's two Pokemons got defeated by E4 Flint Infernape alone while her Garchomp is more powerful than his Infernape, that prove that non ace Pokemons even from champion is much weaker than ace of the team.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Kukui's Incineroar beat Melmetal more easily than Silvally.
Well, duh. His ace is a Fire-type he's had since he was little (that's 20,000 episodes worth of training) and Melmetal is a Steel-type. No way he was going to lose that one.
Kukui is obviously more powerful than Gladion even without Tapu Koko.
Because he's the only guy in the entire region who bothered to fight a lot against randoms.
Rowlet had many other wins, like Helping Ash the most in trials.
...You mean the 2 from way early in the series? That's not really something to brag about when they simply stopped doing them after Akala.
Naganadel appeared very randomly I agree but his strength isn't unjustifiable, Naganadel is an UBs which sub-legendary category, he wanted to become strong to protect his homeland also Poipole only need to learn Dragon pulse to evolve not experience, even when he had the power of UBs Naganadel inexperience shown in battle, how he struggle against Lucario and was no match for Tapu Koko was the evidence and Ash had to use his skill to cover that.
Using two moves at once is really, really strange that it's a wonder no one has done that (and don't say because Ash or Naganadel is skilled), and not even PMD combines moves.

Pokemonfan5

Well, duh. His ace is a Fire-type he's had since he was little (that's 20,000 episodes worth of training) and Melmetal is a Steel-type. No way he was going to lose that one.

Because he's the only guy in the entire region who bothered to fight a lot against randoms.

...You mean the 2 from way early in the series? That's not really something to brag about when they simply stopped doing them after Akala.

Using two moves at once is really, really strange that it's a wonder no one has done that (and don't say because Ash or Naganadel is skilled), and not even PMD combines moves.
Gladion also ditch his rich life to train and try to challenge any strong opponent he find to get stronger to protect Lillie and post Aether arc Ash motivate him to complete all grand trials, than there is Kiawe and Illima who also try to become stronger in different ways.

Incineroar is also ace of Kukui who is like champion tier opponent in both games and anime, not at Cynthia or Steven level.

Rowlet help in 4 trials/grand trials, beat Hau's Dartrix, 2 Ryuki dragons, his fully evolved form and Braviary, we also seen Ash training his pokemons alot on screen and teach them new moves.

Paul's Electivire use Thunderpunch and Brick break at the same time, Pikachu use Iron tail and Electro ball at the same time against Serperior so it's nothing new, it's anime not games, Ash literally had to cover the inexperienced part of Naganadel with his strategy, otherwise Lucario despite being weaker than Naganadel have upper hand many times, Naganadel can only match Tapu Koko in speed but in strength it was big difference that Ash had to take different approach, Naganadel being young inexperienced UBs was even mention by Lusamine.

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Iris' catchphrase, Dawn's return in BW contributing nothing to her character, Iris beating Dawn, Dawn beating May, Torterra not winning, Iris, Serena and Max being terrible characters, BW and DP fillers.

TheCrazyMaster

Honestly, I've never understood why people hated Max.
I loved Max's character. I loved his sassyness/savagery and how he roasted May and Brock on occasions. I thought his first interaction with Ash was very reminiscent of how most people view Ash as a trainer, in general i felt he helped give the AG crew backbone to their personalities.
In general I find it harder to like characters when they're all just a bunch of "cinnamon rolls". Not that I hate positivity or anything but I find that some sassyness/savagery helps give some characters like OS-AG Ash, Max and Nanu far more funny.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Honestly, I've never understood why people hated Max.
I loved Max's character. I loved his sassyness/savagery and how he roasted May and Brock on occasions. I thought his first interaction with Ash was very reminiscent of how most people view Ash as a trainer, in general i felt he helped give the AG crew backbone to their personalities.
In general I find it harder to like characters when they're all just a bunch of "cinnamon rolls". Not that I hate positivity or anything but I find that some sassyness/savagery helps give some characters like OS-AG Ash, Max and Nanu far more funny.
If his sassiness had been more consistent throughout the series, I might've appreciated him a lot more especially if he'd ended up being a prototype for Iris, but he was only sassy when the writers wanted him to be, which was mostly at the beginning of AG.

That said, to me he was a rather pointless character since he was basically a mouthpiece for the PokeNavi and a replacement for Kasumi's role as Takeshi's ear-puller, a gag that I found tiresome to begin with. Then there's the fact that he wasn't a trainer nor did he had any specific Pokemon to bond with other than POTD teases such as Ralts, Kagebouzu, and Jirachi in the sixth movie.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Did Max ever do a single thing? The only instances I can recall of him is crying over his dad losing, the ralts episode and the episode where he met his identical twin
His personality as sassy was all over the place