• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are some obscure/well hidden references you found in Pokespe?

BenLee really not taken

Hey everyone, Bhrjr here.
So we know that Pokespe contains tons of references from the games, anime, and even other Pokémon mangas, with Yamamoto’s frequently posting other media references he put in the manga.
But what are some reference that you noticed on your own, if you have?
For examples, I found that in the last magazine chapter of ORAS, Rayquaza holds Ruby and Sapphire in its 2 hands represents the Eastern Dragon. Some paintings of Eastern Dragon depicts them with orbs in their hands, which are needed for the dragon to achieve a new form. And Rayquaza needs multiple key stone and the Jade orb (attached to Ruby and Sapphire) in order to achieve Mega Evolution.

Edit: Sorry, okay, so what I mean are obscure/well hidden references in the manga that hasn’t been talked much. (Pokemon Games/Anime other media, whatever)
For example, you can easily notice that the Nidoking sign in the Safari Zone references Jurassic Park, so it’s not what I’m looking for.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There's a reference of Hey You Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow Chapter.
mq1pjr96dio41.jpg

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Pretty sure Ben was talking about non-Pokemon references specifically. One example off the top of my head is the first ORAS chap. When Sapphire imagined her and Ruby having a Gardevoir each, the Gardevoir are posed like Kamen Riders #1 and 2.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Pretty sure Ben was talking about non-Pokemon references specifically. One example off the top of my head is the first ORAS chap. When Sapphire imagined her and Ruby having a Gardevoir each, the Gardevoir are posed like Kamen Riders #1 and 2.
He talk about both actually....