• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are some of the least used Pokemon in this Generation?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think people use Mismagius, Honchkrow, or Purugly.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Pachirischu, Drapion, Wormadams, Mothim, and alot of normal types

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Most pure normal types
Kricketune,sudowoodo, drapidon, Onix,geodude,bidoof, and wormadam and cerubi and its evolutions.
Everything else is good.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I'd say torterra is up there. It has cool stats and movepool, but it's typing is... meh.

Missingno
I won't list NFE's.

Drapion, cherim, vespiqueen, Wormadam, Mothim. Edit: Let's add Bibrael to that list.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I won't list NFE's.

Drapion, cherim, vespiqueen, Wormadam, Mothim. Edit: Let's add Bibarel to that list.

I beg to differ, Bibarel is used quite often, simply because people ***** about it so much, others pick one up and try it out to see what all the fuss is about, at least that's what I did.

Underused, Lumineon, Wormadam, Chatot, Pachirisu, and Bastiodon.

I don't think people use Mismagius, Honchkrow, or Purugly.

Used, used, and used.

However, I've never heard of anyone training a Vespiquen in-game.

I've used it, and would recommend it. Defend Order + Toxic makes it a nice stalling tank.

I'd say torterra is up there. It has cool stats and movepool, but it's typing is... meh.

How can a starter pokemon be underused?

Last edited:
A lot of Pokemon in these games aren't really used. Everyone seem to use to same handful of Pokemon, IMO. Examples include: Combee, Vespiquen, Burmy, Wormadam, Finneon, Lummineon, Skorupi, Drapion, Pachirisu, Tangela, Tangrowth, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior, Houndour, and Houndoom. There's more and these, IMO, are some of the least used ones.

I think some of the least used pokemon on diamond/peal/platinum games are the bug type pokemon of course thats juste my oppinion.

I think Drapion and Mothim were sadly underrated. I found them to be quite effective and dominant in in-game play

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
Kricketune, Bastiodon, Wormadam, Pachirisu, Chatot, Spiritomb (because of the annoying way to get one), Carnivine, Lumineon. Based on personal experience and what I've heard from other people.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I almost know for a fact that no one uses Bronzor. Finneons, Aipoms, Shellosi, Combee, and Burmy/Wormadam are very uncommon as well.

I use Aipoms......

Anyway, Lumineon, Pachirisu, Gastrodon, Kricketune, and Girafarig are pretty uncommon ones

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Loppuny, Toxicroak, Gastrodon, Hippowdon, Abomasnow and Froslass are quite.. not used much

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
i think munchlax should also be there.

vedil

I do liek mudkipz.
I don't agree about Pachirisu, I've seen quite some people using it.

So well, from what I know... Wormadam, Lumineon, Mothim, Kricketune, Bastiodon, Cherrim and probably some others. I personally use Lumineon and Mothim in my current gameplay and I must say that Mothim is a very nice Pokemon after some EV training.

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
The Bidoof line (not counting HM Slavery), Kricketot line, Magikarp line, Onix line, Geodude line, Zubat line, Psyduck line, Ponyta line (debatable, since they were the only Fire types), Chingling line, Bronzor line, Burmy line, Combee line, Wurmple line, Rotom, Buneary line, Pachirisu, Shellos line, Pichu line, Cleffa line, Nosepass line, Meditite line, Girafarig, Mantyke line, Happiny line, Umbreon, Glaceon, Snover line, and much more.

People mostly use Starter, Starly line, Shinx line, and a few more Pokemon.