• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are some questionable choices that the writers (or staff) have made in your opinion?

Mazeal

...haven't you already said the same thing a couple hundred times? Don't you get bored of it?
At this point she's basically trolling, because she's not actually having a conversation with anyone, she's just posting one giant rant/wall-of-text about May over and over again every thread. I'm glad everyone has caught onto her by now.

I literally cannot comprehend how said person seems mentally traumatized by May. She's a perfect example of one of those bitter Misty fans who can't get over Misty leaving. Half the things she says about May can be applied to any other female companion just in slightly different ways, since of course no female lead was handled perfectly.

Bendicion

Water Master
I literally cannot comprehend how someone can make thousands upon thousands of accounts just to prove that May is the most liked. Yikes, that sure is a lot of free time on your hands. I guess you got bored with the Misty/OS bashing for 2 decades now huh?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
KAORI says no.
KAORI is still in recovery. She’s doing what she can with her condition and didn’t come out of retirement just to not use her voice. If a small snippet or even one episode is too much for her, it’s understandable. And I’m sure she knows how much she’s missed/people wanting to hear May again. I believe there’s a chance May could appear. If she’s too weak to go into the studio, she can always record from home.
At this point she's basically trolling, because she's not actually having a conversation with anyone, she's just posting one giant rant/wall-of-text about May over and over again every thread. I'm glad everyone has caught onto her by now.

I literally cannot comprehend how said person seems mentally traumatized by May. She's a perfect example of one of those bitter Misty fans who can't get over Misty leaving. Half the things she says about May can be applied to any other female companion just in slightly different ways, since of course no female lead was handled perfectly.
You write the same thing but in different accounts. We’re aware she’s a repressed May stan with a raging hate boner but she does sometimes respond when she feels she has an argument to fall back on. Bad publicity is good publicity for May because that user brings attention to a character that hasn’t appeared since 2009 outside of a recent flashback.
I literally cannot comprehend how someone can make thousands upon thousands of accounts just to prove that May is the most liked. Yikes, that sure is a lot of free time on your hands. I guess you got bored with the Misty/OS bashing for 2 decades now huh?
Nobody’s been bashing Misty/OS outside of 1-2 users and even then, that was back in 2015 and in specific threads that I know you and other Misty enthusiasts pop out from oblivion just to write a whole memoir of a small part of her screentime. It’s like y’all get notifications every time someone writes the word “Misty” on PAD.

Bendicion

Water Master
Cybercubed writes the same thing but in different accounts. We’re aware hes a repressed Misty stan with a raging hate boner. Bad publicity is good publicity for Misty because that user brings attention to a character that left the show 20 years ago outside of cameos.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The Ash vs Ritchie battle in the Indigo League. I know most battles in the first series weren't written that well, but this one was on a completely different level of disappointment with the decisions made to make Ash lose. Team Rocket being a nuisance and the referee making bad decisions throughout the match, particularly the one against Squirtle, were the worst offenders of this imo.

satopi

You madam, falsified my previous correct comment towards you unauthorized.
You obviously don't know anything.
As if Misty has the power to summon multiple threads with multiple pages like Serena.

And speaking of questionable choices the writers made, what isn’t questionable is that Mega Gyarados is Misty’s only strong Pokémon. Though I question it’s strength. Maybe Tsareena could even beat it.

Bendicion

Water Master
As if Misty has the power to summon multiple threads with multiple pages like Serena.
Irrelevant to the discussion. It only shows how insecure you are.
Mega Gyarados is Misty’s only strong Pokémon.
And? Blaziken is also May's only strong pokemon. We have no way of knowing how strong her other Pokemon are in comparison to Blaziken. If you actually re-watch the episodes, then you'll often get results that surprise you.

satopi

Irrelevant to the discussion. It only shows how insecure you are.
So is every post you insert May into. Did May literally put a love spell on you to get you to talk about her and only her? I promise you, May is not the root of your issues. She doesn’t exist in real life.
And? Blaziken is also May's only strong pokemon. We have no way of knowing how strong her other Pokemon are in comparison to Blaziken. If you actually re-watch the episodes, then you'll often get results that surprise you.
Yet May was able to evolve her Pokémon. When was the last time or if ever, did Misty train and evolve any of her Pokémon, including off screen? And no, Togetic don’t count. It took leaving Misty for it to evolve and she didn’t get to sufficiently use Togetic.

DatsRight

Even before AG, TR used to just spam smokescreen and poison sting in almost every filler
I feel like your idea would be interesting
Smokescreen/Haze was at least a neat utility outside of spamming in battle though, miss when TR used their Pokemon strategically like that.

Given they also used Wobbuffet more regularly in Johto, I'd dare say Johto was a better instance of them using their Pokemon properly.

I even remember a episode Meowth entered a tournament disguised as a Sunflora, and took opponents by surprise because they didn't expect a Sunflora to use Meowth attacks (he also used 'Fake Out' despite not even being an official move back then :p).

I miss stuff like this, when TR played dirty to get the upper hand rather than just being uninventive jobbers. Heck Knock Off was a perfect TR stealing weapon, but did Mareanie even use it once besides to give her Z Move access?

Yet May was able to evolve her Pokémon. When was the last time or if ever, did Misty train and evolve any of her Pokémon, including off screen? And no, Togetic don’t count. It took leaving Misty for it to evolve and she didn’t get to sufficiently use Togetic.
She evolved Politoed fully, though the final stage was again more an achievement through bungling.

It's usually hard to really rate an evolution as a proper accomplishment in the anime anyway, since it's usually random and via 'the power of really really wanting it'. Mallow got a fully evolved Pokemon quicker than any of the other SM students with zero training for example.

(Ahem) anyway back on topic, while I don't mind JN breaking the formula as much in terms of captures, there is a rather lacking spotlight for Galarian Pokemon. Meowth and Mr Mime's Galarian forms and evolutions I don't think have even been shown, which is odd given you'd think Mimey appearing more would ideally set up the latter.

Bendicion

Water Master
Speaking of May's Pokemon, can we talk about her Squirtle for a bit? From what I've seen it appears to be the least popular of her Pokemon, and to be honest I can see why: May getting yet another Kanto Starter to promote FireRed/LeafGreen when Bulbasaur was already filling that role was way overkill, and I've also seen people complain that Squirtle was too unrealistically strong for a baby. Though, since strong baby Pokemon are actually not that uncommon in the anime, Squirtle having somewhat of a needy "please coddle me at all times" personality just looked too dissonant with its power level. It also probably didn't matters that May would later get yet another baby Pokemon in Eevee, who was far less needy and whiny than Squirtle despite being younger, making the turtle look somewhat immature on top of everything else. Actually, now that I think of it, May's Squirtle was something of an Axew prototype.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I always wanted to see May with a different hairstyle. Like the one we saw in that Lucario movie in that castle. But something more different

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Did May's pokemon have even any type of dynamic with each other either? From what I remember there's absolutely nothing I can particularly recall. They were out of their balls eating food and sleeping but I don't remember them ever interacting with each other much. Her team kinda felt less involved.

To be fair none of the Pokemon in the earlier series had much of a dynamic with each other apart from Squirtle and Bulbasaur no other Pokemon in the OS had much of a dynamic with each other (that I recall)
Same thing happened in AG. Other than Sceptile and Corphish no other Pokemon on the main cast really interacted much

It wasn't until Sinnoh when the Main Pokémon Teams really started developing friendships with one another which carried for the rest of the series until Journeys.

It's also a BIG reason why Journeys irritates me so much on this front. It feels like they just took a step backwards in terms of Pokemon Interactions

Vernikova

Champion
The first and most questionable decision was having Dawn lose in the Grand Festival. The rest is either justifiable (Ash losing over and over to Brandon, GS Ball) or minor (Thunder Armor, Pikachu shocking Rhydon's horn). But Dawn losing to Zoey in the Grand Festival is probably the first big "what were they thinking" that they had ever done.

Gingertail24

To be fair none of the Pokemon in the earlier series had much of a dynamic with each other apart from Squirtle and Bulbasaur no other Pokemon in the OS had much of a dynamic with each other (that I recall)
Same thing happened in AG. Other than Sceptile and Corphish no other Pokemon on the main cast really interacted much

It wasn't until Sinnoh when the Main Pokémon Teams really started developing friendships with one another which carried for the rest of the series until Journeys.

It's also a BIG reason why Journeys irritates me so much on this front. It feels like they just took a step backwards in terms of Pokemon Interactions
Meh idk, even XY didn't have that much interaction within ash team. The only ones were honestly noviern and hawlucha

Sinnoh as well. Don't remember any notable relationship within ash team even though they are my favorite