• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are some remakes you find more nostalgic than the originals and why?

WaterTypeStarter

For instance, I find Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen more nostalgic than the original Gen 1 games due to growing up with FRLG without knowing it was a remake and only getting to know the Gen 1 games way later.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm not sure I'd say I find them more nostalgic, but I'd rather play HG/SS than the original G/S/C. Not because I played them before G/S/C (I didn't; Gold was the second Pokemon game I ever owned after Blue), but because I think in many ways the games kind of peaked in Gen 4 and it just feels less fun and intuitive to play without abilities and the physical/special split.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Link’s Awakening Remastered more than DX not only because of the new art style but also changes to the game as a whole which really improves some aspects such as the Angler Fish boss battle. I mean yeah it’s still really easy but at least it puts up more of a fight and doesn’t stay still in one place for long as it did before. And the Secret Seashells give me more of an incentive to find all of them other than just getting a sword upgrade.

Skyward Sword HD because you don’t have to use motion controls for the entire game. I have played the original on the Wii but quit halfway because I had so much trouble making the jumps during the making it to the Sandship part of the game. My wrist started to hurt from constantly throwing it upwards to jump in the cart for over an hour. Six months I tried to make that jump and I kept failing so I just gave up. The HD version finally allowed me to get past that part and experience the Sandship for the very first time which made me happy because that was the only other Dungeon in the game that I wanted to explore. The Ancient Cistern was the other dungeon.

Pokemon Power

Kirby Super Star Ultra, simply because of the extra games included. Revenge of the King, Meta Knightmare Ultra and Helper to Hero really have a great focus on Kirby's supporting cast, and The True Arena is quite the challenge.