• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what are the funniest animes you've ever watched?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Hard to say... really. I think the funniest one I've see so far is Azumanga Daioh, though I think I laughed more with CLANNAD because of how well it handled its comedic moments. Though I'm sure that if I sat down to watch Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, it'd be the funniest one I'd see. Just a guess, though.

Of course, if you really want the cheap laughs and giggles, go watch some dubs from the 90s. Or heck, the dub for the first two seasons of Digimon is so freakin' cheesy, it's funny. There is always something to laugh at.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Nichijou, that anime is so underrated man!

DEAR YOUTUBE PLEASE STOP TAKING NICHIJOU VIDEO DOWN, THEY'RE ALL I HAVE IN LIFE.

This.

I recently found someone on YouTube who does Nichijou scenes with ridiculous subs. I found them to be quite funny, check it out.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Higurashi is kind of funny, seeing it has its amusing moments, but Sgt. Frog has to be THE FUNNIEST. With Pokemon coming second, of course ;).

Higurashi is funny, if you find the main characters getting killed off over and over again in all kinds of messed up ways funny.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Higurashi is funny, if you find the main characters getting killed off over and over again in all kinds of messed up ways funny.
*facepaw* No, no, no! I wasn't talking about that; I meant despite the violence, there's humour, like when Keichii was forced to wear a maid costume, or when Mion called him thickheaded and he chased her around the schoolyard. That sort of humour. I wouldn't think that death over and over again is funny unless its my least favorite character. So...yeah.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yes, slaughter's so much fun. I'll say it again, I giggled so much through Baccano especially during someone meeting their demise.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I agree, Nichijou is so underrated. I found myself laughing pretty hard at many of their jokes. XD

Another one I'd suggest would be Humanity Has Declined (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita). It's a fairly new anime so there aren't that many episodes, but it's still a great show to watch, especially for its fairly dark humor.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Sankarea was funny enough LOL, also Uta No Prince Sama Maji Love 1000%

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Oh yeah, one of those 'underrated' anime that nearly everyone says is good, eh?

Except Japan, Japan somehow didn't find Nichijou funny, and it apparently "destroyed" KyoAni's reputation, you know, because comedy gold is terrible for one's reputation.

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
I tend to stick with the more Serious anime (For some unknown reason. ._.), but "Full Metal Panic: Fumofu!" got me laughing about 80% of the time I spent watching it! It's even better if you've seen the first season (which is muuuuccch more serious) if only to make certain events/reactions 100x better.