• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are ways you have been able to maintain your old cartridges?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Honestly I prefer having the 3DS Virtual Console version of these games. You can’t misplace any carts, no need to worry about the internal battery going bad, and you can transfer any Pokémon from the VC games into Gen VI and later. Sure you can’t use the GB Printer features but that was more of a gimmick.

kamomesan

Son of Seiso
Oh man, thanks for reminding me to go check on mine.

I don't have any special archival process for mine, just keep them away from sunlight, moisture and dust. Check them every once in a while to make sure the batteries aren't leaking or dying.

Leonhart

Imagineer
All of my Gen I and II cartridges have dead internal batteries, and I haven't bothered to replace them because the save files are long gone anyway, so I don't see the point. The Virtual Console versions of the old games are much more convenient, in any case.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Can lithium batteries leak?