• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what are yall favorite things in pokemon. collecting or battling

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Mostly battles and completing pokedexes

BUT i despise puzzles and most of the minigames.
I hated Pokestar Studios in Black/White 2 in particular. It felt very forced to advance the game since i'm not a fan of stage plays of any kind and the dialogues were very basic and cringy comic stuff...all that just to get Roxie's convince the Captain to return to the ship to get to Castelia City. You can't even opt out of doing the Brycen Man stage play. This makes Black/White 2 one of my least replayed game entries.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Trainer customization.

So, I guess that falls under the "collecting" category since I seek to collect every available fashion item.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Collecting, definitely, especially shiny pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I prefer collecting over battling in the games, as well as collecting merchandise in real life. Although truthfully due to the bad economy in recent months and practically since the pandemic started, I haven't collected as much merchandise as I normally would.

TwilightBlade

I like battling but never went into it from a competitive perspective. I'm more of a casual battler and I rarely battled people online during the Gen 4 Wi-Fi days or beyond.

Meowtastic

Collecting. Battling gets kinda tedious, especially when you're battling the bad guy team at the headquarters or wherever there's a ton of them together.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I personally like connecting and making memories with my pokémon through collecting, battling, & interacting with them

Tsukisha

The adventure and training the Pokémon I enjoy the most by aesthetics, are everything in my book.
On the other hand, the thing I care the less about is the Pokédex completeness.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
My favourites are exploring and collecting, and while I've never liked competitive battling, I still do breed and EV train Pokemon and use them in battle facilities post-game.