• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you currently reading?

Waldorf

ungrateful
I've actually considered that. I'm too busy right now for such an undertaking but I think it would be a fun summer "project". I say project because I don't speak spanish fluently, but since my friends are not fluent in French and still read Les Mis I have hope haha.

Don Quixote is not as hard to digest as one might think, but it can be an undertaking if you're not fluent in Spanish. If you'd like something shorter I recommend any of Borges' short fiction, it's some of the best stuff you'll read in Spanish.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I'm reading Stephen King's Four Past Midnight - currently on The Langoliers. It's great, but not his best.

Also re-reading HP & The Goblet of Fire. I luuuuurve that opening chapter about the Riddle Mansion.

On my list to read: Twilight Robbery by Frances Hardinge, The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier, and Perfume: Story of a Murderer by Patrick Surskind. Also must really finish Crime and Punishment. That's effing brilliant btw, if anyone hasn't tried it. The Russian names are a lot to remember, though...

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
It still irks me when people call the book by that name. I will never understand why the US decided that the "Philosopher's Stone" wasn't suitable.

Nobody in the US knows what the hell a philosopher is.

In case you haven't noticed, our general modern society isn't really known for intelligence.

"Stupid Americans" etc.

I read all the books I own (a lot), so I've been re-reading my favs, like the Inheritance Cycle, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and the Hunger Games trilogy.
Wow,you and i have the same interests in books.but i haven't read the inheritance cycle,would you recommend it?

Larry

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
Also A Raisin in the Sun for school.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Just read Michael Grant's "Plague". Also reading Midsummer Night's Dream in school.

The Guy

Generic Charizard
I'm reading the tenth A Series of Unfortunate Events book, The Slippery Slope.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Disney Princesses : Happily Ever After....

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Don Quixote is not as hard to digest as one might think, but it can be an undertaking if you're not fluent in Spanish. If you'd like something shorter I recommend any of Borges' short fiction, it's some of the best stuff you'll read in Spanish.

Alright I'll check some of those out =) Thanks!

And Snoozing Snorlax, I think everyone should read the Inheritance series, they're some of the best fantasy books out there!

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
But 'The Philosopher's Stone' is quite a well known legend. They didn't say that Ed and Al were searching for 'The Sorcerer's Stone' in the FMA english dub, did they?

Woohoo for all the Harry Potter readers/re-readers. And for Lemony Snicket :3 I just discovered those books...damn, they're a lot of fun. Plus it's fun to read what is clearly a kid's book on my college bus (I'm 22). Everyone around me has their psychology and history textbooks out; and there I am with The Reptile Room. Classic.

yoursavior

Calm Mind
Currently reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe, and I have Fear and Loathing in America: The Brutal Odyssey of an Outlaw Journalist 1968-1976 on deck afterwards.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Rereading Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. I read them from grades 5-7 and decided that I needed a more thorough read-through. Currently waiting for my local library's copy(ies) of Eldest to be returned.

Can't wait for Inheritance.

cool I can't wait for the final book to.I have read Eragon 7 times,Eldest 5 times,and Brisingr 3 times.they are my favorite books,so far.
not reading anything at the moment.

Last edited:

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Currently halfway through Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. It's for 9th grade Lit.

Every time I pick it up, a paragraph through I feel like bashing my skull in with the book.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I'm currently about 2/3 of the way through Smoke and Mirrors, a collection of short stories by Neil Gaiman. I'm on kind of a Neil Gaiman kick. I've read Good Omens, Coraline, Stardust, Neverwhere and The Graveyard Book, and I still have American Gods and Anansi Boys waiting in the wings x)