• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you currently reading?

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
i'm currently reading Inheritance by Christopher Paolini, i bought it when it came out being a fan of the rest of the series but i just didn't read it for some reason.

a copy of On the Beach by Nevil Shute that i ordered just arrived, so that's next on the plate

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
I am reading many books right now, including:

Pokémon Adventures: Book Five (I am in love with the series so far!) :D

Warriors: Fire and Ice (book 2) - Man, this series is just EPIC... (imo)

Dragons in our Midst: Raising Dragons - Just started reading this book yesterday, and it is AMAZING!!! Wonderfully written Christian fantasy... it is awesome! :eek:

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Feed by M.T Anderson

Interesting futuristic book that I have to read by summer's end. Book reports make me enjoy these books less.

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
I just finished Ring of Bright Water by Gavin Maxwell, it's an absolutely amazing book, especially if you love animals. I'm now alternating between Lord of the Flies and The Railway Children, both of which I'm enjoying a lot. I like reading two genres of book at the same time due to being able to contrast them, so if one of the genres doesn't suit your current mood or whatever you can read the other one, about nine times out of ten your mood will suit one if not both of the books. In my opinion it allows me to enjoy both books a lot more. Alternatively if I'm reading a book for school I read another one of my own choice in case I don't enjoy the former.

Feed by M.T Anderson

Interesting futuristic book that I have to read by summer's end. Book reports make me enjoy these books less.

I agree so much with the bold text.

Profesco

gone gently

Crasher

Profesco said:

I'd heard about that. In his 'About the Author' bit, he doesn't go into the 'scholar of religions' spiel; instead, he simply lists himself as what the article says. Perhaps he just felt the need to increase his credentials after being challenged during that Fox News interview, or perhaps was just flustered by the asinine questions.

Regardless, and even if he does breeze over areas of contention, I imagine it's an eye-opener for believers. Certainly the political turbulence of the time is interesting enough to elicit a read. It, apparently, was not nearly as calm as we have been taught.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Retreading The Lost Hero, while crossing my fingers and thinking;

Please be okay Percy and Annabeth! Die Arachne! Don't die Leo! Get a personality Jason! Your fine Piper! Yay, more Frazel! Die Gaia! No cliffy!

"As long as we're together"-Oh gods, I was actually tearing up!

TanBun

I'm back :3
I am reading Watership Down and the Warriors series ( New prophecy, Dawn) now. Awesome series, but the dutch versions had so much spelling mistakes ( can't. bear. them) that i had to switch to english. Now i'm really confused with the names lol

Kids books :redface:

Last edited:

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
About to start "Our tragic universe" I borrowed it from the library to hold me until they have the hobbit back on the shelf, anybody else read it? If so, how is it?

Last edited:
Some of the book series I'm currently reading are Survivors, The Unwanteds, The Last Dogs and How to Train your Dragon. I've enjoyed reading them all so far and am looking forward for the next books in the series to come out :).

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Retreading The Lost Hero, while crossing my fingers and thinking;

Please be okay Percy and Annabeth! Die Arachne! Don't die Leo! Get a personality Jason! Your fine Piper! Yay, more Frazel! Die Gaia! No cliffy!

"As long as we're together"-Oh gods, I was actually tearing up!

So many PJO feels ;_;

I'm rereading Mark of Athena right now, House of Hades must come out sooner D:<

Aurath8

I'm reading Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years. I still don't know what to feel about the title character after the fourth book. Since its written in a diary format, you get every aspect of the character's life. Every time I feel angry at his ignorance I remember a time when he was endearing. Every time I laugh I remember a depressing tale of stress via his constant near-destitution.

Grey Wind

About to start reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower. A friend of mine recommended it and my sister has a copy so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Reading song lyrics

Well, it's turn and face the Stars and Stripes, it's fighting back them butterflies
It's calling in the air, "Alrighty, yes sir, we want the ball"
And it's knockin' heads and talkin' trash, it's slinging mud and dirt and grass
It's I got your number, I got your back when your back's against the wall

You mess with one man, you got us all
We're the boys of fall