• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you currently reading?

Brisden

I didn’t see a post anywhere on the first page for this or when I searched, so I figured I would start a thread of my own!

What book are you currently reading? Or what was the most recent book that you have read? I myself have just started reading a book called Drylor The First Artifact. It is an Action/Fantasy book created by Ryan Tomasella. So far it is actually damn good, it is a story about a man that suffers amnesia and struggles to regain his memory. As his memory starts to come back to him he realizes that his brother is an evil S.o.b and he makes it his mission to stop him.

It seems like a fairly generic story line but the author makes it his own. There are tons of twists and turns in the story (mainly when the main character thinks he remembers something from his past he realizes that it was only an illusion that his brother wanted him to think was true.) I must say I am really impressed with this book, then again I read almost anything that involved sword and sorcery. Below is the cover of the book and what the back of the book reads.

(Picture of book is attached!)

When a man wakes up inside a cage that is being carried through
an underground city, he has no idea where he is or what has
happened to him. As Von, a victim of amnesia, is taken to a jail
cell to await his fate amongst elves, humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and
halflings, he is told he is a member of the Royal Guard of Genisus.
It is not long before he is transported to the palace where he
meets an impatient king who eventually returns him to his jail
cell while deciding his destiny.

As Von’s memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only
one who can protect Drylor—a world that abandoned him—
from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the
truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing
to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet
from annihilating the only world they have ever known.

As Von’s past becomes clear and reveals his future, he soon
realizes the only way he can end his brother’s heartless
massacres is to find him and kill him.

The book is for sale through all major online retailers, so you can buy a copy from Amazon, Barnes and Nobles or any other book retailers. If you're too lazy to look it up then here is a link to the barnes and nobles website where you can place an order:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Dr...23/?itm=1&USRI=drylor+the+first+artifact#TABS

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I'm currently reading Ape and Essence by Aldous Huxley for fun. And reading On the Beach (forget the author's name) and The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde for school.

Last edited:
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde for school.

God I feel so lame because I recently read this. For fun.

Just finished The Stand by Stephen King for the fifth time. One of my favorite books. Currently I'm reading Les Miserables and Lord of the Flies. Lord of the Flies is for English class. I'm trying to read more after going through a period where I read maybe one book every few months.

Waldorf

ungrateful
Globalization and Its Discontents by Joseph Stiglitz. It's hard to muster up a desire to read for pleasure when most of my reading material comes from the goddamn Penal Code, but I am very much enjoying this book.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
God I feel so lame because I recently read this. For fun.

Just finished The Stand by Stephen King for the fifth time. One of my favorite books. Currently I'm reading Les Miserables and Lord of the Flies. Lord of the Flies is for English class. I'm trying to read more after going through a period where I read maybe one book every few months.

Don't feel like a loser, I read a lot of older classic-type books for fun. But I'm just not a fan of Oscar Wilde, so I would never read Dorian Gray for fun. But I read 1984 and Catch-22 for fun, so my friends think I'm weird haha. But I think I will have an advantage over them when we read Animal Farm for school... hopefully.

A lot of my friends read Les Mis for fun, in French. They make me feel like I'm missing out because I speak Spanish =/

EDIT: Woah I used "fun" way too much in that message *facepalm*

Last edited:

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Use this marvelous ability to read Don Quixote in its original language!

I've actually considered that. I'm too busy right now for such an undertaking but I think it would be a fun summer "project". I say project because I don't speak spanish fluently, but since my friends are not fluent in French and still read Les Mis I have hope haha.

Mister_SGG

I read all the books I own (a lot), so I've been re-reading my favs, like the Inheritance Cycle, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and the Hunger Games trilogy.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the millionth time XD

Armando Payne

I'm reading Pet Semetary.

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
I'm not reading anything right now, but I'm looking forward to reading "Mockingjay" once school ends; I've been too busy to see how the series ends.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Rereading Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr. I read them from grades 5-7 and decided that I needed a more thorough read-through. Currently waiting for my local library's copy(ies) of Eldest to be returned.

Can't wait for Inheritance.