• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you currently reading?

Dreamy

Bought the book W.A.R.P. at walmart, and I like it so far, but I don't think the writer is very good.
I saw that one, let me know how it was when you finish, I might get it.
I've been reading Book Five of the A Song of Ice and Fire series: A Dance with Dragons. I love the book, but I've been having some sort of reading block for the past, what, like 4 months. I'm halfway through.
I've yet to read A Dance with Dragons, that's third on my current list to get.
I am reading Inferno by Dan Brown . Its got a very good plot like all his books .

I've read all of Dan's other books, so I might as well read this one too, plus I realllllly like the plot of this one.

I'm moments away from cracking open Book One: City of Bones in The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, I've heard good things, but we'll see.

jadeVelocity

The Ancient One
Currently reading the fifth book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Pretty good series, a lot unlike his typical stuff. Basically a high-fantasy adventure novel with plenty of Western elements and dimension hopping. Pretty good read for anyone looking for an epic to pass the time with.

I also just finished reading The Long Walk by King's alter-ego Richard Bachman. That book was an experience I won't soon forget.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
The 2nd book ("Linger") of the triology The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Reading "Catching Fire" followed by "Mockingjay"; both by Suzanne Collins.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Mom's getting me the books in the Nightside series by Simon R Green. They're not bad, actually.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I am currently reading some random ContestShipping fan fictions across the board.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
The Percy Jackson books :3

Profesco

gone gently
Since my last post, I've read The House of Silk. I also recently finished a string of other books that had been on my list: The New Atheism, by Victor Stenger; Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism, by Susan Jacoby; The Grand Design, by Stephen Hawking; 36 Arguments for the Existence of God, by Rebecca Goldstein; and Hitch-22, Christopher Hitchens's memoir. That was plenty of intellectual vegetables (enjoyable all, though it surprised me to feel with some of these like I was reading below my level), but what I'm in the mood for now is a good, simple gumshoe novel. Sadly, the best hardboiled detective story author I've ever read passed away quite a while ago, and I've already read all of his series. u_u

I suppose I should pick up something in biology or psychology next, to keep up the circuit training aspect. =p

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Currently reading the fifth book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Pretty good series, a lot unlike his typical stuff. Basically a high-fantasy adventure novel with plenty of Western elements and dimension hopping. Pretty good read for anyone looking for an epic to pass the time with.

I also just finished reading The Long Walk by King's alter-ego Richard Bachman. That book was an experience I won't soon forget.

I love the Dark Tower series. It's good to see a new reader. I disagree with it being unlike his typical stuff, though. If you've read much of King's work, you'll see that the DT series heavily influences so many of his other books. Little bits and pieces of DT lore show up in almost every book he's ever written.

I'm reading Jhereg, the first book of the Vlad Taltos series by Steven Brust. It's a great read so far, a different style from what I'm used to, but I could use something a little different.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Finally reading Fahrenheit 451, something I'd somehow avoided doing. It's AWESOME so far, really digging the writing style and plot and setting. Ray Bradbury, man. It's amazing the book was written so long ago, it feels so current!

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling & An Intimate Look at the Night Sky are the two I'm reading right now. The former is for leisure reading, & the latter is for a book report I hope to do by the end of the semester in Astronomy. :3

Pansy :]

anustart
I picked up "Looking for Alaska" this morning, because everyone tells me I should read John Green books. I'm about 100 pages in (I think it's about half way, but I'm on my eReader so it's hard to tell.) I really want to like it, but it's just not clicking for me at all. I've read The Fault in our Stars, Paper towns and Will Grayson Will Grayson now, and I really only found Paper Towns all that enjoyable. I have Les Miserables sitting on my bookshelf currently, and I keep saying I'll read it next, but the size is incredibly intimidating.

But I also really want to reread 1984 in the next few weeks, because I had to read it for school early this year, and it was great. I just didn't get an opportunity to read it as in depth as I would have liked to.

Im currently reang these posts and forums :p

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
As of now, I'm reading random Contestshippings in order to kill the bloody jet lag.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Constantly re-reading The Mark of Athena ,by Rick Riordan, the third book in the second series (Heroes of Olympus) of the Camp-Half Blood Chronicles (does it have an official name?), in preparation for the fourth book, The House of Hades. Darn you Rick! Such a freaking heartless troll! The last Annabeth chapter is drowned with my tears! :'(

I'm only joking Rick! You're the bestest writer ever! It's so funny how you make your fans want to respect you and violently attack you at the same time! XD

If you've read the book, or don't care about spoilers (but have still read past books of Percy Jackson or Heroes of Olympus), read this and don't get sad:

Percy tightened his grip on Annabeth's wrist. His face was gaunt, scraped and bloody, his hair dusted with cobwebs, but when he locked eyes with Annabeth she thought he had never looked more handsome.
'We're staying together,' he promised. 'You're not getting away from me. Never again.'
Only then did she understand what would happen. A one-way trip. A very hard fall.
She heard Nico and Hazel still screaming for help. She saw the sunlight far, far above - maybe the last sunlight she would ever see.
Then Percy let go of his tiny ledge, and together, holding hands, he and Annabeth fell into the endless darkness.

-Page 566, The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan.

Any book suggestions? I love fantasy/adventure with a bit of romance. I've read the Harry Potter books, but if anyone says Twilight, I will hunt them down and shoot them.

Last edited: