• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What are you currently reading?

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Finally finished W.A.R.P. ...took me over a month to finish that book, and seeing as i read catching fire in one day.....shows how motivated i was to read this book. It definitely wasn't the worst book ive ever read, but it definitely wasnt worth $20.

Shadow XD001

Maximum Ride by James Patterson. I actually got it last December and didn't read much, but I read a lot recently. I hope to have it finished before the summer ends.

Hudsonn98

I just read The Great Gatsby and not to be over dramatic but that book has changed many of my views. The writing was beautiful and the symbolism in the characters were superb. Ten out of ten for sure!

MasterLucario

No life till leather
Just finished the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I had read Angels and Demons and The Da Vinchi Code, so this one seemed natural to read. Excellent page turning thriller that really opens your eyes to religion and America's foundation. I had heard somebody tell me that Lost Symbol was Dan Brown selling out by apologizing to the Catholic Church, but I disagree.

Missingno.Fan

I am reading the Mammoth trilogy by Stephan Baxter. My library only has the first two, but I plan on buying all three of them from Amazon.

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
If on a winter's night a traveler - Italo Calvino. Almost done, and I have to say, it was a really intriguing style, with every other chapter being in
second-person (e.g. You are about to read Italo Calvino's new novel If on a winter's night a traveler.), and the rest of the chapters being segments from different fictional books.

Reading list for the summer (mostly book prizes from being awesome at Quiz Bowl):
The Road - Cormac McCarthy
The Master of Go - Yasunari Kawabata
Seize the Day - Saul Bellow
Cannery Row - John Steinbeck
Winesburg, Ohio - Sherwood Anderson

And hopefully, if I have the time to go to the library:
The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood
All the King's Men - Robert Penn Warren

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I am reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood for school. Never really been a fan of dystopian stuff (apart from Nineteen Eighty-Four) but it's quite interesting so far.

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
I'm not really nothing at the moment.

Anything thing that came out recently in the horror/suspense/sci genre? Mystery too :).

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
Oliver Twist. Part of this nice hardbound book of 4 Charles Dickens stories.

NoNotJames

Infinite
Currently reading Cloud Atlas. Admittedly I'd seen the film first, but I have to say I'm very impressed. Especially how he adapts his style of writing to fit in with the time period.

I desperately tried to finish the book before the film came out. I did it, but I'd say my young mind was overwhelmed by the book.

I just read The Great Gatsby and not to be over dramatic but that book has changed many of my views. The writing was beautiful and the symbolism in the characters were superb. Ten out of ten for sure!

I started reading the first few pages, but gave up and watched the film instead. Do you think reading the book would still be worth it? (Even though I'm pretty sure it is.)

Currently reading to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee.

First novel I've ever finished :)

I recently just finished The Maze Runner and can't wait for Valentine's day 2014 (when the movie comes out).
Also just finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
I'm new to the whole reading scene.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
My ability to read serious works has pretty much disappeared of late. So, I finished reading Willie Nelson's Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die yesterday and am currently heading on to Penn Jillette's Every Day Is An Atheist Holiday!.

Profesco

gone gently
Just reread The Catcher in the Rye, if you want to know the truth. I really did.

In an effort to get a better handle on why Salinger's such a cause celibré, I'm now reading Nine Stories. However, I've already begun Rawls' Lectures on the History of Moral Philosophy because it promises to teach me something about Kant and Hume, both of whom I'd really like a fuller understanding of. Actually, a philosophy professor I had once suggested I read Rawls for his take on ethics, but Lectures opens by revealing that Rawls himself often considered his philosophical work on ethical theories more of a study of moral psychology, which just tickles my fancy since it plays right into my own research program. It's a real delight to suddenly discover just how well advised I was by that great old (young!) teacher.

And I've also picked up Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief by Lawrence Wright. My aunt, uncle and cousins recently spent the weekend, and my crazy tía tried to proselytize Scientology. She's already got my uncle paying those ridiculous tithes to rise through the levels in the church, and she sent her daughter to a Scientology school in Florida. Now my little sister wants to go away to the same school, and if that wasn't bad enough, my aunt and uncle convinced my mom to go cold turkey off some of her psychiatric meds. That really got me angry. Those fool people can think whatever they want in the privacy of their own empty heads, but they dare not put my family in danger because of it. So now I've got to read this Scientology book and mark off important or at least easy parts for my mom to read so that she can be informed next time she has to withstand a harangue by my goony aunt. I'll be darned if I'm going to let my little sister go off to Florida to join a cult.

Pyroli

Banned
I'm currently reading Stephen King's Under The Dome. Picked it up for dirt cheap and decided it would be a good addition to my collection of his works. (Basically Stephen King is my favorite author.)

It will probably help me to better understand the show as well.